The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He’ll still reply with I’ve been told there’s no money 

Can only go with what I've been told. Maybe there is money available and only time will tell if a player or 2 are signed. 

I'll say no more until we finally here from the manager on player activity if there is any. 

22 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Regardless of your feelings in the matter, it’s the British National Anthem. I’m not a fan of it either, rebellious Scots to crush should be replaced. 

It's also used as the anthem for the English national football and rugby teams though. They really should use Jerusalem or something like the Commonwealth Games athletes do but they don't, so in Football terms it's always going to be associated with England (and to a lesser extent Northern Ireland).

7 minutes ago, RedEd said:

It has never officially been part of the anthem, and fell out of use shortly after 1745. At the time of the Jacobite rebellion the song was a hymn, not a national anthem and the verse wasn't included when it was adopted as the anthem later in the 18th century.

Well that’s not true. The line is still part of the anthem and it was decided, as recently as 2010, not to remove the verse in question…

https://www.thenational.scot/politics/19831872.line-crushing-rebellious-scots-god-save-queen/

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

8 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Well that’s not true. The line is still part of the anthem and it was decided, as recently as 2010, not to remove the verse in question…

https://www.thenational.scot/politics/19831872.line-crushing-rebellious-scots-god-save-queen/

You or I could add a verse. Some might sing it, but it wouldn't make it a bona fide part of the song. Apparently Katherine Jenkins has recorded a new official version, it doesn't contain the offending verse.

6 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

True. I’d actually quite like the national anthem played before every game. It’s a nice touch when the ice hockey plays the national anthem before every match.

The national anthem isn’t God Save The Queen though. Our national anthem is Flower of Scotland which I doubt many on here would be against us playing before every match takes place.

I think the majority of Rovers fans will acknowledge a minutes silence whether they like the Royal family or not. They will not tolerate god save the Queen though. That’s about 10 steps too far for the majority of people up here.

Good grief, no you don’t. It’s like a patriotic litmus test around here, in some ways, and then a challenge to “modify” to own it otherwise. Mentioning the NHL, Dallas Stars fans scream “Stars” during the National Anthem to own it when the line “oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave…”. Oh, plus the NHL plays Oh, Canada when the Canadian teams are playing, so in Scotland that would mean playing GSTK whenever Berwick played you…

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

There are some absolute p***ks on here. I have nothing buy concern for the club and fear where we are going this season. 

Go back to your source that told you there's no money and ask them why is IM publically saying he's trying to sign players and lying to fans in light of what you're being told about our finances. 

12 hours ago, grumswall said:
12 hours ago, Been going too long said:
Honestly the state some of some folk over the last few pages about a minutes silence/armbands or playing a song is incredible emoji2359.png Save it for important stuff like whether we sign a striker or not ffs. If you want to boo during a minutes silence then go ahead, if others think you look like a fanny then so be it.

It's a good laugh though

Is it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

33 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

There are some absolute p***ks on here. I have nothing buy concern for the club and fear where we are going this season. 

I think we should all be concerned about the team at present tbh, we need to start picking up results soon, no team is too good to go down 

I’m not a fan of the phenomenon of having a minutes silence at the football or having a minutes clapping. I go to the football to escape the outside world, to see friends and to watch the football.

As for the Queen, I didn’t know her, have never me her, don’t wish the Royals any harm, but I’m not a Royalist so I don’t care deeply enough to engage with this funeral stuff. She was always there and now she’s not. 

As usual, I’ll stand silently at the minutes silence, as the majority do. While wishing we had someone playing for us who was worthy of being called a striker.

42 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

What do you expect when you tell everyone there is no money to sign any more players , then at the same time criticise the manager at every possible opportunity for not signing any more players.  

6 hours ago, CALDERON said:

What do you expect when you tell everyone there is no money to sign any more players , then at the same time criticise the manager at every possible opportunity for not signing any more players.  

I criticise the manager as he is the one that keeps telling us he needs something and the only player he has signed is McBride who's a winger not a striker. We could see in the most games that we need a striker and yet no one arrives. 

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I criticise the manager as he is the one that keeps telling us he needs something and the only player he has signed is McBride who's a winger not a striker. We could see in the most games that we need a striker and yet no one arrives. 

7628DED4-6FA0-48B2-A8D0-49A35312158B.png.ebb1ea1608dfb7549f9e416d283a41ab.png

FADAE2CB-BAA2-47A2-9C29-43124D66C17B.png.2f97caf7abb86382ecbc38545cc5a148.png

F9FA0DCB-D792-46B2-8D11-AC651A16CDF0.png.1a66e412be624d140bee5b43d1bdeafe.png

703A546A-ACB3-4141-9B4D-3478607572AA.png.728d350f6471df131762de977091a6ce.png