The New Raith Rovers Thread

Honestly the state some of some folk over the last few pages about a minutes silence/armbands or playing a song is incredible [emoji2359] Save it for important stuff like whether we sign a striker or not ffs. If you want to boo during a minutes silence then go ahead, if others think you look like a fanny then so be it.
It's a good laugh though

I’d like that kinda thing as a universal, as the playing of the National Anthem before all sporting events in the U.S. is befuddling. I understand the concern here, but would it be any worse than a minute of silence (that will likely be rudely interrupted)? 

True. I’d actually quite like the national anthem played before every game. It’s a nice touch when the ice hockey plays the national anthem before every match.

The national anthem isn’t God Save The Queen though. Our national anthem is Flower of Scotland which I doubt many on here would be against us playing before every match takes place.

I think the majority of Rovers fans will acknowledge a minutes silence whether they like the Royal family or not. They will not tolerate god save the Queen though. That’s about 10 steps too far for the majority of people up here.

7 hours ago, raith1974 said:

On another note is this the week we sign a striker. Maybe Raith TV could ask the question and not ignore it like last week. I'm sorry but IM coming out after a defeat to Ayr and saying he needs something different up top just won't cut it. He will have had 2 weeks since him comments after the ICT defeat.

How can he sign players if there is no money?

7 hours ago, grumswall said:

I think you're a tit, I don't think anyone was actually calling you a paedo. I'm not a mod, I just report comments that attack a protected characteristic in order to make sure we have a forum to be this petty about stuff in future if I see it. I'll keep on trucking Davy x

You're so woke 😂😂😂

I won't say what I think about you, it will lead to ban when it gets grassed to the mods. 

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The national anthem isn’t God Save The Queen though. Our national anthem is Flower of Scotland which I doubt many on here would be against us playing before every match takes place.

I would. A national anthem is a ridiculous thing to play before a domestic football match.

54 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

How can he sign players if there is no money?

Because on one hand he keeps telling us he has targets and should be making a move or two and on the 2nd hand we keep either missing out on these so called targets. On the other hand like I say I've been told there is no money. 

Look at the facts Berra left saying he was happy to give up his wage, many other players with experience were let go and released without a fight to keep them. Instead we sign either 1st Div players, young loan players or  players that are not good enough. We now have also let Zanatta go, Young and Arnott have also gone on loan and Bow has given up. If you are happy with the depth and quality of this squad then great but this squad has relegation written all over it and the broken promises are getting a bit thin. We have needed this elusive striker since July and we are now only 2 weeks away from not being able to bring anyone in. 

Either my contact has told me crap or IM and BOD are not telling us the truth regarding targets and money being available. Only time will tell if we sign someone and the quality of that player. I'm not convinced in anyway we ever had players lined up from Norway. 

26 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Look at the facts Berra left saying he was happy to give up his wage

You missed out the very big fact that Berra also came out publically to explain his reasoning on retiring, are you saying the club/player got together to come up with an elaborate story to hide the fact the reason for him leaving was down to us not being able to afford his wages?

37 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

many other players with experience were let go and released without a fight to keep them. Instead we sign either 1st Div players, young loan players or  players that are not good enough.  

I'm guessing you're hinting at Musonda/Bene? Personally I think Nolan and O'Riordan are a decent pairing for this level, the latter in particular looks a good find. Tumilty, we were never going to be able to keep hold of him and it was well known he was leaving at the end of the reason. The signing of Millen though certainly looks to have been a poor decision so I'll give you that.

41 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We now have also let Zanatta go 

No problems with that unless you're saying the club/player got together to come up with an elaborate story to hide the fact the reason for him leaving was down to us not being able to afford his wages?

42 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Young and Arnott have also gone on loan 

Usually what happens with youngsters, it'll do them good to get minutes/experience when out on loan.

42 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Bow has given up.

Yeah he really should have just done the simple thing and not get injured. Boys given up his footballing career due to injuries not down to money. Unless there's some big conspiracy where Bow and IM sat down and conversation went something like this "Bow, we canny afford you, can we just say you're injured? in fact can we just say you're retiring so we don't have to pay you?"

44 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

If you are happy with the depth and quality of this squad then great

I'd certainly prefer some additional players, particularly up top, do you think Murray isn't trying to find someone? If you feel the fans are being lied to on the back of what you've been told re our finances you should be going back to your source asking what is going on.

50 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm not convinced in anyway we ever had players lined up from Norway. 

Neither am I, probably because IM (or anyone else for that matter) never said that.

55 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Because on one hand he keeps telling us he has targets and should be making a move or two and on the 2nd hand we keep either missing out on these so called targets. On the other hand like I say I've been told there is no money. 

How many hands do you have?

Give it a rest with the ‘no money’ nonsense. IM has made it very clear we’re after at least 2 players and that both of these could take some time to conclude. One at least is the 6ft8 faroe striker.

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

Give it a rest with the ‘no money’ nonsense. IM has made it very clear we’re after at least 2 players and that both of these could take some time to conclude. One at least is the 6ft8 faroe striker.

Let's wait and see what happens but as it stands we must be one of the favourites for relegation. 

24 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Let's wait and see what happens but as it stands we must be one of the favourites for relegation. 

Not much between 4 or 5 teams at this early stage for that honour, but aye - we're one of them.

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Strange that they'd include a line about "Rebellious Scots to crush" eh!

Regardless of your feelings in the matter, it’s the British National Anthem. I’m not a fan of it either, rebellious Scots to crush should be replaced. 

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

You missed out the very big fact that Berra also came out publically to explain his reasoning on retiring, are you saying the club/player got together to come up with an elaborate story to hide the fact the reason for him leaving was down to us not being able to afford his wages?

I'm guessing you're hinting at Musonda/Bene? Personally I think Nolan and O'Riordan are a decent pairing for this level, the latter in particular looks a good find. Tumilty, we were never going to be able to keep hold of him and it was well known he was leaving at the end of the reason. The signing of Millen though certainly looks to have been a poor decision so I'll give you that.

No problems with that unless you're saying the club/player got together to come up with an elaborate story to hide the fact the reason for him leaving was down to us not being able to afford his wages?

Usually what happens with youngsters, it'll do them good to get minutes/experience when out on loan.

Yeah he really should have just done the simple thing and not get injured. Boys given up his footballing career due to injuries not down to money. Unless there's some big conspiracy where Bow and IM sat down and conversation went something like this "Bow, we canny afford you, can we just say you're injured? in fact can we just say you're retiring so we don't have to pay you?"

I'd certainly prefer some additional players, particularly up top, do you think Murray isn't trying to find someone? If you feel the fans are being lied to on the back of what you've been told re our finances you should be going back to your source asking what is going on.

Neither am I, probably because IM (or anyone else for that matter) never said that.

He’ll still reply with I’ve been told there’s no money 

Some people on here 😂 when we don’t make a signing you’ve got ITKs saying we’ve got money or your all of a sudden the clubs accountant😂 or when we do make a signing ands not a glamorous one “aw he’s shit, Div 1 player blah blah or he’s overseas playing such and such Division” there’s no winning 

14 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Regardless of your feelings in the matter, it’s the British National Anthem. I’m not a fan of it either, rebellious Scots to crush should be replaced. 

It has never officially been part of the anthem, and fell out of use shortly after 1745. At the time of the Jacobite rebellion the song was a hymn, not a national anthem and the verse wasn't included when it was adopted as the anthem later in the 18th century.