The New Raith Rovers Thread

Be amazed if any club up here outside the obvious one thinks playing GSTK is a good idea.  Wouldn’t worry about too much negative press if anyone interrupts a minutes silence as Celtic will likely take all the headlines there with them being the live televised match  EPL probably glad Liverpool aren’t on TV  

2 hours ago, RavyDavy said:

Pandering to, or avoidance because of a fear of, a minority sends entirely the wrong message.

Regardless of your politics, you should be able to stand quietly for 1 minute as a show of respect for the head of state.

I think yesterday's events showed that despite the noise the minority makes, Scotland has the humility to show respect, which was good to see.

As for GSTK, don't want to hear that played, not because it celebrates the Monarch, but because it is seen as the national anthem of England (which, technically, it's not)

GSTK is not an English only thing. Our Royal family have Stuart Blood too. 

45 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Is it more respectful that family's who had funerals planned for the 19th have been told they can no longer bury their loved ones?
Take a seat and give it a rest. You've already had to have posts removed by mods for this pish.

I take it you were greetin to the mods??

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Is it more respectful that family's who had funerals planned for the 19th have been told they can no longer bury their loved ones?
Take a seat and give it a rest. You've already had to have posts removed by mods for this pish.

Oh no... Please don't tell the mods. Grow up ❄️.

Look, I'm not going to get taken off on a tangent to debate the rights and wrongs of it all, I'm only interested In what we are being asked to do in relation to our football club, as this is a football forum.

If you want to debate the politics of it, over you go to the politics forum. Like I said before, I'm not a royalist but I understand respect.l, unlike a number of folks on this thread.

38 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

GSTK is not an English only thing. Our Royal family have Stuart Blood too. 

Yes, I know but like I said, it is generally recognised as the English national anthem, whether that be correct or otherwise 

Oh no... Please don't tell the mods. Grow up [emoji3587].
Look, I'm not going to get taken off on a tangent to debate the rights and wrongs of it all, I'm only interested In what we are being asked to do in relation to our football club, as this is a football forum.
If you want to debate the politics of it, over you go to the politics forum. Like I said before, I'm not a royalist but I understand respect.l, unlike a number of folks on this thread.
Iv been called worse and didn't care. This entire subject is essentially political regardless of how we'd all like it to be. What iv said is that we should look to do the least damage for the club with how it's approached. Keep the anthem away, wear a black armband and that's it imo. I don't care if the anthem is played, a minutes silence happens or armbands worn. I'll respect it regardless. But I do think the club should play it safe here considering the bad press we've had in the past year. What safe is, is obviously the debate to be had though.
And insinuating (or even joking) that I was a peedo was OK? I stand by what I called him for that comment. 
What he said was clearly a joke and did not elicit such a response [emoji3587]

On another note is this the week we sign a striker. Maybe Raith TV could ask the question and not ignore it like last week. I'm sorry but IM coming out after a defeat to Ayr and saying he needs something different up top just won't cut it. He will have had 2 weeks since him comments after the ICT defeat.

Edited by raith1974
Error

On another note is this the week we sign a striker. Maybe Raith TV could ask the question and not ignore it like last week. I'm sorry but IM coming out after a defeat to Ayr and saying he needs something different up top just won't cut it. He will have had 2 weeks since him comments after the ICT defeat.

There's been a few targets that haven't been able to get a work permit due to the new rules apparently. We all want a striker but if he can't get one, he can't get one. Gullan should be fit this week u less he'd had a set back though at least.

53 minutes ago, grumswall said:

What he said was clearly a joke and did not elicit such a response emoji3587.png

You think making a joke about someone being a peedo is funny? Interesting insight into your sense of humour.

You're right though, I should have treated it with the contempt is deserved but I don't make any apologies for it.

I'll sleep easy tonight knowing that you're patrolling the boards and reporting people to the mods, ruling on what is funny and what is not, keeping us all safe. Keep up the good work.

Edited by RavyDavy

Honestly the state some of some folk over the last few pages about a minutes silence/armbands or playing a song is incredible 🤦🏻‍♂️ Save it for important stuff like whether we sign a striker or not ffs. If you want to boo during a minutes silence then go ahead, if others think you look like a fanny then so be it.