The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Please do not play gstk.

I’d like that kinda thing as a universal, as the playing of the National Anthem before all sporting events in the U.S. is befuddling. I understand the concern here, but would it be any worse than a minute of silence (that will likely be rudely interrupted)? 

I’d like that kinda thing as a universal, as the playing of the National Anthem before all sporting events in the U.S. is befuddling. I understand the concern here, but would it be any worse than a minute of silence (that will likely be rudely interrupted)? 
Minutes silences are usually well respected by fans in Scotland, with there being the obvious exceptions through Glasgow. Minutes silence and black arm bands is more than enough imo.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The best way forward is to not bother with the silence or GSTQ and just go with the black armbands.

Agreed. Previous weeks games got cancelled out of a sign of respect so that'll do it for me when it comes to pandering to this nonsense. 

It would be good if we just politely observed a minute's silence.

For the likes of the clowns that polluted the club's social media, if they want to protest so much, just go into your work on the day that the country has given you off.

18 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It would be good if we just politely observed a minute's silence.

For the likes of the clowns that polluted the club's social media, if they want to protest so much, just go into your work on the day that the country has given you off.

Their work will probably be shut mate.

I’d rather they didn’t do a minutes silence after seeing what happened at Tynecastle the other night. It just turns into a toxic atmosphere with fans turning on each other.

If we need to do something (if postponing Saturdays game wasn’t enough) then do a minutes applause. That way people who don’t want to join in can do so without upsetting anyone.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'm going to my work on Monday and using the day off at a later date. 

As for whatever the club do on Saturday, I'll treat it with the same respect that I would for any tribute held for others that I didn't know. 

The club should do the sensible thing and not bother their arse with a minute silence. Nobody can boo that way and we avoid the over the top, hysterical grief which will have been thrust down our throats for over a week.

Personally, I'd not bother with booing if they did play the anthem. Much like HS, I'd probably go wait in the pie queue instead. 

It would be a lot better for the club to avoid another potential bad story by playing gstk or have a minutes silence. I don't care enough either way to boo or sing if it plays and I will observe a minutes silence if it happens but just leave it all out and we don't have the problem of some people being vocal against it.

31 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

What a bunch of sad, bitter and twisted little p***ks on here.

Have the minutes silence and keep your mouth shut for 1 minute. It's not difficult unless you're a 5 year old. 

Whilst on an individual level I agree with you (well, your second sentence), a minute's silence is inviting trouble. There's clearly a significant element of the public at large that isn't buying all this reverence for the royal family, and it'd be asking for trouble to attempt a minute's silence in as emotive an environment as a football ground. 

For what it's worth, I think there's a world of difference between showing a minute of respect for a dead woman, and playing/singing a song extolling the virtues of a living, unelected head of state. 

I can't see a situation where I'd ever disrupt a minute's silence, but I'd have serious issues with God Save The King. It's a situation the Rovers don't need to get themselves involved with. 

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

For what it's worth, I think there's a world of difference between showing a minute of respect for a dead woman, and playing/singing a song extolling the virtues of a living, unelected head of state. 

I can't see a situation where I'd ever disrupt a minute's silence, but I'd have serious issues with God Save The King. It's a situation the Rovers don't need to get themselves involved 

This, the minutes silence is fair enough if thats what they want to do and im sure it would be observed. Personally and I'm sure I'm not the only one I couldn't give a solitary f**k that an old woman who lived a full life and given endless opportunities we can only dream off died in her warm bed surrounded by family but each to their own.

As for this "national anthem" get it in the fucking sea it has no relevance to the match in question and would only be played to try and appease the Helen Lovejoy/staunch flag shagger types.