The New Raith Rovers Thread

We've waited this long for a striker what's another week, month, 6 months. Maybe we are waiting until we are adrift at the bottom before using the money apparently available to fill gaps in the squad. Or it may be the case the clubs skint and there is no money.

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We've waited this long for a striker what's another week, month, 6 months. Maybe we are waiting until we are adrift at the bottom before using the money apparently available to fill gaps in the squad. Or it may be the case the clubs skint and there is no money.

I think Murray has been quite clear he wants to bring in the right player, and from those he's looked at, very few of them have fit the bill. But budget, cost of living etc.... will be having a massive impact too.  i heard the Stenhousemuir chairman saying their clubs electricity is going to increase by approx 20k over the next year - and thats a part time club. 

I imagine the next player we bring it will be the last we can afford on the current budget, so Murray will want, and need, to get it right! 

26 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

You seem to be in the know about finances I thought? 

26 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

You seem to be in the know about finances I thought? 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

The skint and no money patter cause we’ve signed no one straight away 🙄

9 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

We’ve been told that for over 30 years

A lot of people get told a lot of things doesn’t mean there true and let’s be real if there was “NO” money how come we signed Mcbride and the rest of the players brought in, like I could come on here and say I’ve been told Murray is also looking at a defender who can play across the back 4 doesn’t mean it’s going to happen 

Information can always be given about a manner of issues, however you look at the person telling you there association to the club any other relevant knowledge and take it from there. I have no reason to disbelieve what I've been told but won't disclose who it came from. 

Look though at the players released and replacements. Bene, Berra Tumilty,  Poplatnik even Zanatta all replaced with cheaper options or kids. 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Information can always be given about a manner of issues, however you look at the person telling you there association to the club any other relevant knowledge and take it from there. I have no reason to disbelieve what I've been told but won't disclose who it came from. 

Look though at the players released and replacements. Bene, Berra Tumilty,  Poplatnik even Zanatta all replaced with cheaper options or kids. 

You can't go about berating Murray for lack of signings if you're believing your source that we have no money. If your source is correct then questions would need to be raised with Murray/Sim telling fibs in their interviews. When you see the fact that many other clubs are in the same boat regarding bringing in players I'd suspect it's not down to lack of money but lack of options out there. 

18 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I,ve been passed information in the past from connections at the club and you know what?Some of it was a load of shite

11 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

I have heard from a club source that IM knows his right back is shite 

In fairness there are tribes in the deepest jungle who have never seen a westerner and have no telly that know the right back is shite. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

You can't go about berating Murray for lack of signings if you're believing your source that we have no money. If your source is correct then questions would need to be raised with Murray/Sim telling fibs in their interviews. When you see the fact that many other clubs are in the same boat regarding bringing in players I'd suspect it's not down to lack of money but lack of options out there. 

A load of managers have said this is the toughest window to date with regards of getting players in as a few part time clubs can’t afford to pay full time wages to people from down south or other part time teams because of the rise of living and people unwilling to relocate 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

If there is No money and you’ve mentioned it before as well how is he still getting signings? And why is he still actively looking for players if there’s nothing their to spend? either your source is lying to you or the club is lying to supporters and after January debacle that won’t be a good idea