The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Sim said the club were hoping to make a marquee signing but I would be a punt as to if it pulled off.  That is literally it, not worth the obsession that has followed.

He also said it would likely go down to the wire, which depending on the situation of the player was either a week ago or is in a few weeks time. 

Knowing Sim and his love of investing in stadium infrastructure, if he said 'a marquee signing' I wouldn't be surprised if what he literally meant was a marquee to allow us to use the pitch as a wedding venue on non-match days 😉

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

McPake has been saying the exact same thing, this isn't exclusive to Raith or the Championship (in our case there's a small chance the shite league we play in may have something to do with it........)

So had Crawford at EF, Potter at Kelty, Mcinally at Peterhead have also said it’s the toughest market to date, to get players in 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Arnott is far too good for that level. Should be playing in League 2 as an absolute minimum. 

Yeah I agree but if they were the best club after him then there’s only so much we can do. With Spencer back and Matthews not far away he wasn’t going to get a look in so better he plays every week.

Edited by Enigma

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Doesn't feel like Murray has taken to Arnott, he's been overlooked almost every time on the bench. Still better than Highland League level. Can see him moved on in the summer.

That’s not the impression I have. We have an abundance of central midfielders and he wants him to play. I think we’ll see him in the team next season. 

42 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Arnott is far too good for that level. Should be playing in League 2 as an absolute minimum. 

41 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Very odd move. I'd have rather seen more of him and seen Coulson go out on loan.  I'd have thought Arnott would be mid table league one. 

39 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Doesn't feel like Murray has taken to Arnott, he's been overlooked almost every time on the bench. Still better than Highland League level. Can see him moved on in the summer.

Christ on crutches, we can all see what Murray apparently cannot, Arnott is potentially a very good player who needs playing time at as high a level as possible…Brechin?!?! I’m astonished we settled for this.

39 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That’s not the impression I have. We have an abundance of central midfielders and he wants him to play. I think we’ll see him in the team next season. 

I wish I had your confidence.

38 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

That's a good move. Gets him into a team that'll expect to dominate the ball most weeks, and he should be good enough to be a regular starter. 

I’m going to disagree. HL is too low a level for Arnott to get the kind of challenge he deserves to develop quickly. Surely there was a team or two in League One or Two needing an AM.

59 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Looking over Brechin’s roster, plenty of mids, short defenders and attackers…maybe Arnott will get time as a number 10? I also see Nathan Cooney joined Brechin…

And McHatties there as well and davo No long left could’ve been a rovers reunion up there