The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Since theres nothing said about him having had it removed, then I presume he is stll living with it

The twitter thread about it was February 21, it's September 22 now. They don't often like to leave such things unattended.

In any event, the club will be aware of what - if any - medical risk is associated.

Edited by renton

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Since theres nothing said about him having had it removed, then I presume he is stll living with it

He had surgery to remove it in February 2021 and was given the all clear to return to normal in March 2021. He then made his debut for the Faroes in September 2021.

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Where did you read that ??

Debut was Sept 2021. UEFA wouldn't have given him permission to play if he had a brain tumour.

Link below

https://local.fo/faroe-islands-v-israel-match-preview-heres-hoping-the-boys-can-pull-off-the-unlikely/?amp

Edited by MICMAC
Wrong month

1 hour ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Reckon we bring in two tomorrow. This is based on absolutely zero knowledge about flight times and/or being super ITK.

One loan and one perm.

I wish I could share your optimism however we have been told for weeks that we will be bring guys in and nothing has come of it. 

4 hours ago, kev23 said:

Do you want them to announce that they have nothing to announce?
Or announce something that they then have to retract because we can’t get the required paperwork?

Side note, John Frederiksen will arrive in Scotland today.

They need to stop with the marquee signing is imminent pish for a start. 

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Dick Campbell was saying the other day that they have had deals more or less confirmed then fall through at the last minute.  It's frustrating,  but it's not just an Ian Murray or Raith Rovers issue - as much as some would love it to be.

McPake has been saying the exact same thing, this isn't exclusive to Raith or the Championship (in our case there's a small chance the shite league we play in may have something to do with it........)

14 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

They need to stop with the marquee signing is imminent pish for a start. 

Did anyone actually say a marquee signing was imminent? I recall Sim saying something about looking for a marquee signing on the K107 show but it was never definitive as far as I can recall.

15 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Did anyone actually say a marquee signing was imminent? I recall Sim saying something about looking for a marquee signing on the K107 show but it was never definitive as far as I can recall.

Sim said the club were hoping to make a marquee signing but I would be a punt as to if it pulled off.  That is literally it, not worth the obsession that has followed.