The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

And Ethon Varian, Dario Zanatta and He who shall not be named, to name a few 

That’s not to say Millen doesn’t look pretty honking though…

For me it’s still early days, hopefully at the end of the season we’ll be digging up a few of the comments from the panic merchants on here and have a good old chuckle.

Murray’s had a tough job really, coming into a (clearly) reduced budget situation and a squad that was low on confidence due to the last guy pissing away a small fortune on a rapist (amongst others) and then taking us on a run that would have seen anybody else sacked long before the end of last season. It’s pretty clear now though that we’re not going to be mounting a title challenge, but I don’t think that was realistically the aim and at any rate Murray’s budget isn’t going to really allow that.

I’m still reassured that, unlike large parts of last season, we are at least creating plenty of chances we're just missing that somebody to stick them in the onion bag. There’s still a player to come in and from Murray’s post match interview he seems to be talking about a specific individual and I have a feeling he might be fairly exciting.

I missed the game yesterday, so probably not reeling from that result/performance as much as others on here. The Hamilton game gave me the impression we’d stated to click but clearly there’s still some way to go yet with this side. Murray’s habit of just chucking attacking players on in the latter stages of games concerns me slightly though, it seems a bit naïve. Mind you we’ve just turned 180 from a manger who was famously reluctant to initiate a plan B…

This season might be a bit of a slow burn and develop into a McKinnon style slow start-strong finish, hopefully in the play off spots. I think equaling last season’s finish would be a fair achievement in all honesty, given what the club has been through.

9 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

And Musonda , Spencer and Stanton.

Fwiw from what I’ve heard McGlynn wasn’t exactly Musonda’s biggest fan and was going to be released if he had stayed at the Rovers anyway.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

McGlynn did sign Mendy and Riley-Snow to be fair…

Mendy being on a two year deal, no less. And of course he was responsible for the James Keatings debacle. 

McGlynn was never short of a terrible signing. 

Would a 6 foot 8 overseas internationalist wet fans appetite? 
Depends who it was. If its a 6 foot 8 Faroese Internationalist then probably not.

I'm still backing Murray. I think millen is pretty awful and the majority of his signings thus far haven't improved the starting 11 too much but he does have a hard job rebuilding the team on what does appear a reduced budget, regardless of the claims otherwise. There's probably only 2/3 teams in this league who's signings have actually been good imo and I think that's a sign of the times rather than Murrays inability to actually attract players. Easton, o'riordan, Nolan are all good enough players for this level. Brown is a decent enough player that shouldn't be in the starting 11 once Matthews is fit but can certainly do a job for us. Connell looked OK while gullan was on the pitch yesterday but once mcbride came on i didn't really see much from either to suggest they are up to much.

56 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Would a 6 foot 8 overseas internationalist wet fans appetite? 

No, because that would just mean long aimless football and guaranteed, like most lanky tall players, would be shite with the ball at his feet and slow as a weekend in the jail.