The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Against The Machine said:

The language used by both Musonda and Murray in the aftermath would heavily suggest he wasn't. 

Yeah im sure frankie said as much when he posted a goodbye thing to the fans on twitter.

Ach it's one of those that will look poor with hindsight.  Musonda wasn't great last season, and without him having seen the player too much, I can't imagine his stats were great last season.  The only centre half pairing that worked last season was Berra and Lang.

I dare say if he knew Berra was going to retire, he may have acted differently.  

Edited by CALDERON

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We aren’t shite enough to boo yet. We’re not dreadful but we don’t have much about us and you can already see it’s shaping up to be a long season. Trying to sign key players during the season was always going to be a challenge.

I’m hoping that when we get the injured players back and match fit, that sees us right. Failing that we need some signings who can improve the team. No more desperation signings.

I'm sick of hearing about the injured players. Two of them will ve lucky to kick a ball for us in 2022. Vaughan wasn't due back until October but has had a set back and Lang wasn't looking like returning until around Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm sick of hearing about the injured players. Two of them will ve lucky to kick a ball for us in 2022. Vaughan wasn't due back until October but has had a set back and Lang wasn't looking like returning until around Christmas. 

You can be sick of hearing about them all you want, but it's a factor.  They are still taking a wage which limits playing budget availability.  Like it or not, It impacts us.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, pub car king said:
I don't see all the matches but from what I can gather and have seen Millen has had 1 maybe 2 decent games.  Is that fair or is there more to it? 
Did Gullen look a bad injury or more a precaution?  Because as much as he's not the giscoring answer he does a power of work. 

Gullan just pulled up with what's most likely a hamstring or groin injury.

See the source image

Anatomy is not your strongest point.

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We can’t count on Vaughn/ Lang this season , I wish we could but we can’t so we need a striker and defender with some experience Murray , no questions just ask mr sim to make the cheque blank because without them we are in serious danger of going down

Edited by Been going too long

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

We can’t count on Vaughn/ Lang this season , I wish we could but we can’t so we need a striker and defender with some experience Murray , no questions just ask mr sim to make the cheque blank because without them we are going down

John Sim will tell you to get on the blower to Goodwillie. 

45 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Do we know for sure that Musonda wasn't offered a deal?

I was under the impression that we outlined a one year deal for him, and he made it clear he wanted two years or more. Can’t point to where I got that from, and that wouldn’t have been an actual offer, but…

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I was under the impression that we outlined a one year deal for him, and he made it clear he wanted two years or more. Can’t point to where I got that from, and that wouldn’t have been an actual offer, but…

I'd rather he had offered a 2 or 3 year deal to Musonda than sign yon waste of a jersey Millen

Not sure where this longing for Musonda has come from. A better centre back wouldn't have helped today.

Murray wants to get the ball down and play further up the park. He isn't interested in McGlynn's build from the back style. His whole 4-1-3-2 type formation is built towards pressing opposition defences when we don't have the ball and overwhelming teams when we do: the quick ball forward, then play.

The root of the issue, beyond an obviously shite right back, is the lack of the type of striker who can make the ball stick long enough to make Murray's vision work.

Right now we have Dylan Easton trying to make and finish chances by himself. We need someone who can hold a ball in for more than a few seconds. Without wishing to antagonise anyone on this site but Raith1974 is right about Connell. He is to naive when it comes to hold up play. Too often sitting on a defenders shoulder, not moving - no runs, no attempts to cause the defender to change position.

For all the chat of 'starting without a striker' Gullan is one, and one who makes smart runs often that aren't always taken up on. Without him, we looked badly static. 

Millen is going no where. Unfortunately. The issue is finding a game plan that suits what we have.