The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

How many good players have we signed this summer?

Easton looks okay. The guy O’Riordan maybe. Any more?

Brown but is he better than Spencer or Matthews. The rest are crap. Nolan passes everything back and is weak, Millen is just terrible, Connell I've said my piece and McBride is no better than Zanatta. The young lad from Aberdeen waste of a signing.  I hold out no hope that Murray can identify and sign a striker. 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There is a lot about what Murray has done in his time in charge that I find worrying, but the worst is this utter nonsense of subbing of the defence with 20 to 30 minutes to go. It is basically an admission that he has no ability to make any tactical tweaks at all. 

We could've quite easily lost that 4-0 in the end. Totally unacceptable

Tbf we've got f**k all on the bench most weeks to allow for "tactical tweaks" And I'd rather he gambled and went all out attack than just settled for a 1 or 2 goal defeat 

Recruitment wise. 

Nolan, solid enough 

O''Riordan, looks decent but still young. 

Brown, I think he is decent enough and has done a number of jobs so far. 

Easton, is class and can be the best player in the league on his day. 

McBride, too soon to say. 

Ngwenya, a strange one as it looks like Dick is favoured left back. He's had 1 half against Dundee out of position. 

Connell, has shown nothing to suggest he can do a job. 

Millen, overall a poor signing who doesn't defend particularly well and is non existent as an attacking force which then hinders the man playing in front of him.

Cove, won one game thus far.... against us. 

Arbroath, haven't won a game yet... play us next. Absolute stick on we'll gift them their first win. 

ICT, umpteen big name players missing, conceded nearly double figures in last few games... saw us off comfortably.

21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There is a lot about what Murray has done in his time in charge that I find worrying, but the worst is this utter nonsense of subbing of the defence with 20 to 30 minutes to go. It is basically an admission that he has no ability to make any tactical tweaks at all. 

We could've quite easily lost that 4-0 in the end. Totally unacceptable. 

Have to agree with this.

His tactics today were Gary Lockesque. If you're going to go three at the back then surely you sub Millen and retain the spine of the defence, and to go two at the back with ten minutes still to play was lunacy. You do that if you're a goal down heading into stoppage time and it will only work if you have any sort of physical presence up front, which we don't. If he was going to do that, he'd have been as well chucking one of the big centre backs up front to try to win headers so the smaller players might pick up the scraps.

Remember how I said that Murray has paid his dues. Has he hell. He’s learned nothing. This league is so unforgiving and we’ll reap what we sow. The lack of any experience in the defence and forward areas is a concern. Signing so many kids isn’t the way forward in the championship. 

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Arbroath, haven't won a game yet... play us next. Absolute stick on we'll gift them their first win. 

ICT, umpteen big name players missing, conceded nearly double figures in last few games... saw us off comfortably.

Yup, we’re going down if we don’t dump this imposter. 

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

I don’t wish to labour the point, but why on earth did you guys free Musonda?  He’s absolutely immense.

The manager wanted to bring in his own guys. A decision just about everyone said was bad at the time and has come to pass. We ended up with a couple of players with about 40 senior games between them. And Christophe Berra decided he'd had enough as well. 

The kicker is that Musonda can play RB as well. 

Good job there, Ian. 

32 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Brown but is he better than Spencer or Matthews. The rest are crap. Nolan passes everything back and is weak, Millen is just terrible, Connell I've said my piece and McBride is no better than Zanatta. The young lad from Aberdeen waste of a signing.  I hold out no hope that Murray can identify and sign a striker. 

There’s a striker coming In and I hope it’s a big b*****d because we need one after all the high balls we played with midgets up top today 

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

There’s a striker coming In and I hope it’s a big b*****d because we need one after all the high balls we played with midgets up top today 

Alternatively stop playing the high balls. Utterly futile. We showed how to play in the first 20 mins until Gullan went off, we then just gave up with that and resorted to dirge. 

21 minutes ago, Raithie said:

That’s because we were punting long balls to 2 midgets up front reminded me a bit of Barry smith football and Devine and Deas won’t have an easier time than that this season 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

There is clearly something behind the Musonda issue and I dk t know if its between the club and the player as opposed to Murray. 

That said utter fucking lunacy to let all our defenders leave knowing all we had we had left was.

Berra who missed the end of the season through injury and despite being quality was advancing in years. 

Lang who at best is out until Christmas but it's jot a straight forward injury amd recovery. 

We aren’t shite enough to boo yet. We’re not dreadful but we don’t have much about us and you can already see it’s shaping up to be a long season. Trying to sign key players during the season was always going to be a challenge.

I’m hoping that when we get the injured players back and match fit, that sees us right. Failing that we need some signings who can improve the team. No more desperation signings.