The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don't see all the matches but from what I can gather and have seen Millen has had 1 maybe 2 decent games.  Is that fair or is there more to it? 

Did Gullen look a bad injury or more a precaution?  Because as much as he's not the giscoring answer he does a power of work. 

I don't see all the matches but from what I can gather and have seen Millen has had 1 maybe 2 decent games.  Is that fair or is there more to it? 
Did Gullen look a bad injury or more a precaution?  Because as much as he's not the giscoring answer he does a power of work. 
Gullan just pulled up with what's most likely a hamstring or groin injury, tried to come back on and run but pulled up straight away.

Gullan looks to have pulled his groin so I would be amazed if he is 100% for Arbroath. The right side was really poor today. Connolly was just bullied all game and Millen...well aye we'll just no go into it. Murray has his work cut out for him to turn these "good periods" into actual results because we dominated the first half but the game turned on the penalty. Dumbest tackle I've ever seen a Rovers player attempt.

Edited by Kooz92

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Millen is fucking hopeless we had the best 2 full backs in the league to 2 of the worst in the league both slow our attacks and can’t cross water 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Connell today has proved what I've thought since he signed, he's shit. With Gullan off injured we need a striker more than ever.

In fairness we created nothing for a forward all game. Easton created a good chance for himself that needed a wonder save from Ridgers and he skied another one that should have been on target. Other than that, Connolly was anonymous, McBride is lightweight and slow, Ross is slow and has limited end product. Vaughan wouldn't score on that performance today either, not that we can ever rely on him to play. 

47 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Right, for f**k sake, we get it. 

Really do you get it. We are relegation candidates with some of our signings and the fact IM can't sign a striker. Connell was poor only player who was worse was another new signing Millen.

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Not getting why after 6 games that you put next weeks game in the must win category for us

Arbroath lose and they start to become rooted to the bottom. Arbroath win and they're within one point of us. We will have lost 5 out of 7 games with a transitional team that has trouble stopping goals going in and equally cannot score at the other end. 

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Arbroath lose and they start to become rooted to the bottom. Arbroath win and they're within one point of us. We will have lost 5 out of 7 games with a transitional team that has trouble stopping goals going in and equally cannot score at the other end. 

And our next game after that is against high flying Ayr.

The next 3 games are vitally important if we are to survive in the league, as 2 wins from the 1st quarter is not good enough.  Wouldn't be the least surprised if Arbroath get their first win of the season next week.  In reply  to loans then I believe that we can have a total of 5 at any point during the season, so we have space for 2 more, but sadly we can only take any more from the Premier League as we cannot take from below the Championship nor from England or abroad.

There is a lot about what Murray has done in his time in charge that I find worrying, but the worst is this utter nonsense of subbing of the defence with 20 to 30 minutes to go. It is basically an admission that he has no ability to make any tactical tweaks at all. 

We could've quite easily lost that 4-0 in the end. Totally unacceptable.