The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, grumswall said:
38 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:
Uz aw need a baby sitter. She might bring marvel dvds ti the dork house emoji849.png.    

how’s the Dario Zannata parody doing on the Accies forum?  

Did you just assume she wouldn't bring dc dvds? Have a word.

She’s defo no got IPTV or a vpn 

Edited by Raith_Rasta

So wheres the marquee signing, for goodness sake we didn't even sign a striker. Better than what we have is a quote I remembered, not convinced Connell or McBride have or will make us better.
There's still 1 or 2 signings in the works. I assume we've missed out on the marquee signing but I'm not itk about who the two potential signings are.
I doubt we'll challenge for the league this season but I doubt we'll worry too much about relegation either. I'm fine with that.

Maybe we just misheard him, perhaps he said a "manky" signing?

I do agree though, he'd do far better to not get the fans hopes up if there's still a chance he won't pull it off, it just makes them look less and less credible.

And not for the 1st time either!

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

It's a shame Sim used the term marquee striker to be honest.  The people absolutely desperate to berate Murray are going to use that against him, no matter who he brings in.  

He also suggested that it was a real outside chance and it'd likely go down to the wire, but that gets lost in the subsequent noise too. I really wouldn't be surprised if it was Christian Doidge. 

Remember, in the same breath John Sim said that he'd have brought Ryan Hardie back permanently, something which has clearly never been a realistic possibility at any stage. I don't believe his talk of specific targets can be relied upon. 

I'm going to guess this McBride is a squad filler as a winger really isn't a priority position. The window is now closed so we're now at the mercy of the Premier league sizing up any recruitment and looking at loaning out surplus strikers. 

11 hours ago, raith1974 said:

So wheres the marquee signing, for goodness sake we didn't even sign a striker. Better than what we have is a quote I remembered, not convinced Connell or McBride have or will make us better.

Sim said we were hoping a marquee signing would be possible but it was pretty clear that there was nothing concrete in the works. If a marquee player isn't available there's nothing we can do. 

Plus, it's fairly obvious there's at least one more signing planned. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Plus, it's fairly obvious there's at least one more signing planned. 

Yeah maybe tomorrow or Monday it might get announced and I reckon we might get a loan for a versatile defender who can play CH and full back maybe towards the end of the window 

He also suggested that it was a real outside chance and it'd likely go down to the wire, but that gets lost in the subsequent noise too. I really wouldn't be surprised if it was Christian Doidge. 
Remember, in the same breath John Sim said that he'd have brought Ryan Hardie back permanently, something which has clearly never been a realistic possibility at any stage. I don't believe his talk of specific targets can be relied upon. 

Won't be doidge, he has signed for killie

For those in the mood for memories, over on the Elgin-Falkirk match thread, lovely to see the Falkirk lot moaning about their inability to take corners, strange lineup changes, and an unwillingness to substitute before the 60 minute mark. You keep being you, JMcG!