The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

1st time I’ve bought tickets on line 

Is it specified seating ?

as my ticket states 2 rows, so I’ve obviously grown in my own age.

In theory, yeah, you'll not have been able to select a season ticket seat or a seat that someone else has already bought. 

Just now, Against The Machine said:

Hmm. Alright. 

It's another guy who's started less than 20 senior matches, and another loan. Difficult to get too excited about that. 

It's another forward option though, which is nice, although having not seen him play, it feels a bit like someone else to have a go running about up front in the hope they'll find a rich vein of form, and be rotated with Gullan and Connell perpetually until one of them does. 

But I do appreciate that it's basically impossible to bring in the kind of experienced striker we actually need, and it's better than only having Gullan and Connell to rely on. 

Dont think it is a loan - he was a free agent, and the article mentioned permanent deal til the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

Hmm. Alright. 

It's another guy who's started less than 20 senior matches, and another loan. Difficult to get too excited about that. 

It's another forward option though, which is nice, although having not seen him play, it feels a bit like someone else to have a go running about up front in the hope they'll find a rich vein of form, and be rotated with Gullan and Connell perpetually until one of them does. 

But I do appreciate that it's basically impossible to bring in the kind of experienced striker we actually need, and it's better than only having Gullan and Connell to rely on. 

Says on the clubs actual article that it’s a permanent deal till the end of the season 

McBride is absolutely stinkin'. Genuinely can't believe he's been signed by a club at this level, although it's been rumoured that his dad's his agent so he probably does a good job of talking him up to clubs. He added absolutely no quality whatsoever for us last season when he played.

Hmm.  Happy to trust the manager, but as it stands we are about to start another game without a striker.  At this stage they don't even need to be a particularly good striker, just someone playing in their natural position.

On 01/05/2022 at 13:58, qpfc said:

Also to add, Conor Mcbride could comfortably be the worst loan I’ve ever seen at QP. The guy is so far out his depth it’s incredible. It’s quite astounding that he’s on the books at Blackburn 

On 08/06/2022 at 11:41, Gall09 said:

The standard of that U23 league seems to be pretty poor. Quite a few teams up here have had “the next big thing” sent here and they’ve done f**k all. QP had Luis Longstaff from Liverpool this season and the guy was rotten. We also had *shudders* Connor McBride from Blackburn who was genuinely one of the worst players I’ve seen play for us. 

On 05/04/2022 at 10:16, Gall09 said:

McBride is rotten. He’s basically a less effective Longstaff, which may be the worst insult i have ever thrown at someone. 

On 31/01/2022 at 18:53, Francesc Fabregas said:

Stenhousemuir took Connor McBride on loan from Celtic midway through the doomed 2019/20. He's one of the most nothing players I've seen at Ochilview in a long time, not bad enough to really stick out but nowhere near good enough to make it as a full-time footballer. He scored one goal, in a 3-1 defeat at Cowdenbeath, and didn't contribute much else. It was some surprise to see him move to Blackburn Rovers, but then it can't hurt of your da's a football agent!

Not exactly what you'd call rave reviews... 

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Not exactly what you'd call rave reviews... 

and folk on here didn’t want matej back🤦🏻‍♂️ Apparently Swansea looked at signing him in the summer of the internet is to be believed, Murray saw him first hand so he must have done something right! Please! Hopefully 🤦🏻‍♂️