The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

We’ve got plenty of players that can play as winger Connolly, Ross, Mitchell, Coulson, Gullan and At a push Easton can all play there we need a Centre Back more than a winger because if Nolan or O’Riordan got injured we’re back to square 1 

Like I said, I agree with you but it’s not what Murray has said in interviews when talking about signing targets the last few weeks. Just have to wait and see though, I actually do think we could do with another winger but it would be third in the priority list behind striker and then centre back.

We won’t sign another centre half. Scott Brown and Liam Dick can play there in a pinch, then Tom Lang will be fit again shortly. What Premiership side is going to send us their young player on loan to sit on the bench then be 4th choice when Lang gets back? Waste of money, won’t happy. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

We won’t sign another centre half. Scott Brown and Liam Dick can play there in a pinch, then Tom Lang will be fit again shortly. What Premiership side is going to send us their young player on loan to sit on the bench then be 4th choice when Lang gets back? Waste of money, won’t happy. 

Shortly Tom Lang last I heard was out till Christmas. Hardly shortly. We need a CB more than a winger, however, before Zanatta left we needed a striker and a CB now we also need a winger. Doubt we will see 3 players but we need 2. Probably more likely to be 1.

I didn’t think it was as far away as that, but the original point stands. Imagine that conversation. “Hi, it’s Ian Murray, we’re interested in your young centre half. Yeah he’ll be third choice and game time will be limited but we need him for cover”. 

click

I’d love to have another centre half but when we have two who are going to play and another two who can cover, that will do for a few months. If Murray thinks money is better spent elsewhere then fair enough. 

If it is a Centre Back it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a loan it could be a free agent remeber O’Riordan is only here until January and if that doesn’t get extended we have a tom Lang just not long back from injury and will he fully upto speed? so having 3/4 is a big help and none of this Makeshift pish either 

36 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Have just seen that Blasé Riley-Snow has taken us to court over a reduction to wages we owed him and the judge has awarded him them just over £2.6k

Can only imagine the conversation at the club leading up to that:

"He's shite"

"Have you tried paying him less?"

41 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Have just seen that Blasé Riley-Snow has taken us to court over a reduction to wages we owed him and the judge has awarded him them just over £2.6k

Who fecked that one up then, McGlynn shoud've got him cheaper digs or just got rid of him instead of extending his contract till the end of the season

11 minutes ago, renton said:

Can only imagine the conversation at the club leading up to that:

"He's shite"

"Have you tried paying him less?"

I hear the club's solicitor passed him a cheque, but it took him three goes to get it under control. 

As my Granny always used to say, "if a footballer's YouTube showreel is comprised entirely of clips from Spanish leisure centres, he's probably not good enough for the Scottish Championship". 

14 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Who fecked that one up then, McGlynn shoud've got him cheaper digs or just got rid of him instead of extending his contract till the end of the season

Apparently we deducted the money from his wages unlawfully and because the club did not respond the judge has taken the decision to award him the money instead of holding a court case.

1 hour ago, Against The Machine said:

I hear the club's solicitor passed him a cheque, but it took him three goes to get it under control. 

As my Granny always used to say, "if a footballer's YouTube showreel is comprised entirely of clips from Spanish leisure centres, he's probably not good enough for the Scottish Championship". 

Wise woman.

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

What a great effort from the club to just dingy it and lose by default. 

Edit: the shortest judgement you'll ever read - https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-b-riley-snow-v-raith-rovers-fc-ltd-4103885-slash-2022

Club should employ someone to make sure this type of damage to our reputation could be avoided 😀