The New Raith Rovers Thread

Robbie Ure?  Would mean another youth. I would want age range  28-32 CF experience 

You and every other fan. There’s literally no one like that available at this stage of the window. In fact I don’t think many teams in this league have a striker like that. Brian Graham springs to mind but beyond that I’m not sure. They’re gold dust at the minute to teams at the top of the league so there’s no chance Raith will get someone in that bracket.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You and every other fan. There’s literally no one like that available at this stage of the window. In fact I don’t think many teams in this league have a striker like that. Brian Graham springs to mind but beyond that I’m not sure. They’re gold dust at the minute to teams at the top of the league so there’s no chance Raith will get someone in that bracket.

Yeah, Allan Preston said on sportsound last week that every club in Scotland pretty much is after the same thing (he's an agent I think)

Edited by CALDERON

Yeah, Allan Preston said on sportsound last week that every club I'm Scotland pretty much is after the same thing (he's an agent I think)

He’s certainly Neil Lennons agent so I’d imagine he’ll have other clients and know what’s going on.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would suggest that your lads have lucked out with a striker so far.

Would suggest that your lads have lucked out with a striker so far.

Most definitely. We got him very early on as well which was key to getting him bedded in. Even then he had a terrible league cup campaign where he genuinely missed about ten sitters in the four games.

Murray saying that we hope to have more news tomorrow and ideally have a couple of new bodies in the next 2-3 days so sounds like it's gonna be the loan market for us. Can't wait to see the meltdown on here if we don't sign a mid to late 20's 20 goal scoring striker out of nowhere 😂

Edited by Kooz92

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Up now. 

Sounds like Spencer will make the bench, Masson and MacDonald are fine to go, but no mention of Mitchell as healthy. Two other unspecified players with “niggles”. Hoping for 1 or 2 players in, hopefully at least one by the weekend. Noticed IM’s total of players “in the stands” last week is 6 (Masson, Mitchell, Vaughan, Matthews, Spencer, Lang), so no mention of Bow.

Its a bit smoke and mirrors with Bow, injured still? Used to see him in the main stand but I'm in the South now.

Really good interview today, the more I hear from Murray the less I think of McGlynn. It also seems like Airdrie fans say its a process and not boom or burst. 

Also good call on Tait, had his time and done well for us but when he thought he had outgrown us the edge went. 

Surely with a possible announcement tomorrow regarding a player coming in it’s either from a premiership club or it’s a free agent coming in, as if it was from down south it would have to be tonight be interesting to see who it is surely it’s got to be a CF and the other 1 a centre half 

8 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Surely with a possible announcement tomorrow regarding a player coming in it’s either from a premiership club or it’s a free agent coming in, as if it was from down south it would have to be tonight be interesting to see who it is surely it’s got to be a CF and the other 1 a centre half 

I agree we could do with another, more experienced, centre half. Joe Shaughnessy is one who I thought would be out our league but has been linked with a move to Hamilton today, would’ve been an excellent signing.

However, I’d be surprised if the two signings weren’t a winger and a striker. Murray has said for weeks those are the two positions he has been looking at. That was before Zanatta left too, so with his departure, I can’t see Murray deviating from his original plan.

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

I’d be surprised if the two signings weren’t a winger and a striker.

We’ve got plenty of players that can play as winger Connolly, Ross, Mitchell, Coulson, Gullan and At a push Easton can all play there we need a Centre Back more than a winger because if Nolan or O’Riordan got injured we’re back to square 1