The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's worth nothing that deadline day is actually tomorrow.
If we were paying a fee for a player that most likely would have been done by now I would have thought. We'll be looking at either free agents or loan deals so this deadline doesn't really affect us beyond bigger clubs bringing in players allowing us to then loan someone from them.

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:
54 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
It's worth nothing that deadline day is actually tomorrow.

If we were paying a fee for a player that most likely would have been done by now I would have thought. We'll be looking at either free agents or loan deals so this deadline doesn't really affect us beyond bigger clubs bringing in players allowing us to then loan someone from them.

It kind of does mean something as IM stated his squad would be in place by the end of the window and how long do we continue to wait for a striker or even cover at CB as injuries to either CB would cripple us.

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

I would take Cameron from them rather than nobody come in but he wouldn’t be my first choice 

Starting for Killie tonight against Hearts and has bagged himself a goal. 

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Connell is out of contract at Kilmarnock in January so I think they are getting a wage off the books before being honest letting him go, I would take Cameron from them rather than nobody come in but he wouldn’t be my first choice 

Cameron has scored for Killie at Tynecastle tonight. 

It kind of does mean something as IM stated his squad would be in place by the end of the window and how long do we continue to wait for a striker or even cover at CB as injuries to either CB would cripple us.
When did he state the squad would be completed by the end of this window? If the right players aren't available then I'd rather run with what we have than waste the money on someone just to fill a spot on the bench. We do need players but we also don't have a massive budget to play with. There's still another month where we can bring in loan players and free agents.

24 minutes ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

When did he state the squad would be completed by the end of this window? If the right players aren't available then I'd rather run with what we have than waste the money on someone just to fill a spot on the bench. We do need players but we also don't have a massive budget to play with. There's still another month where we can bring in loan players and free agents.

We stated it in an interview with Raith TV around beginning of July. We also signed Connell who is exactly the type of player you don't want.

We stated it in an interview with Raith TV around beginning of July. We also signed Connell who is exactly the type of player you don't want.
We? Sorry Ian. Connel makes sense as a signing. He's just the same type as gullan who isn't suited to playing up top on his own. Until he does something it's hard to justify giving him a start even if he does need a run of games to get going. Quite a difference in how gullan played once he got his goal as an example for that.

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:
18 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We? Sorry Ian. Connel makes sense as a signing. He's just the same type as gullan who isn't suited to playing up top on his own. Until he does something it's hard to justify giving him a start even if he does need a run of games to get going. Quite a difference in how gullan played once he got his goal as an example for that.

We was clearly a mistake, just like spelling his name with one l. Connell signing makes no sense. A striker who wasn't good enough for Killie last season, doesn't score goals and sits on out bench every week. 8 goals last season in the seaside league and 6 goals previously on loan at Airdrie. All goals scored in a league lower than us. 

We was clearly a mistake, just like spelling his name with one l. Connell signing makes no sense. A striker who wasn't good enough for Killie last season, doesn't score goals and sits on out bench every week. 8 goals last season in the seaside league and 6 goals previously on loan at Airdrie. All goals scored in a league lower than us. 
I know mate. I'm just willing to give Murray the benefit of the doubt with things right now. I still think he was the correct appointment, but it will take some time to fully impliment what he's trying to do. This league isn't exactly full of much quality so once we get the injured players back and make a couple of loan signings we should be looking upwards.