The New Raith Rovers Thread

With doidge going to Killie, I’ve got a bad feeling we will be 1 of a few clubs to go in for innes Cameron on loan and I’ll be worried if we do end up signing him as his goal scoring record is a bit rank and that’s something we don’t need is another 5-8 goal a season striker 

I don't think we necessarily need a goal machine of a striker although it would be nice.

What we are after is someone to bully defenders knock things on for people and who has a bit of experience for the players we have to feed off. 

I think it'll be a loan after the window and gamble on Vaughan returning (I know) who had good link up play with Gullen previously.

32 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

With doidge going to Killie, I’ve got a bad feeling we will be 1 of a few clubs to go in for innes Cameron on loan and I’ll be worried if we do end up signing him as his goal scoring record is a bit rank and that’s something we don’t need is another 5-8 goal a season striker 

Heard a rumour a couple of weeks ago about a striker from Killie. Thoughts were Cameron and yet people moan if someone like Stevie May is mentioned. I agree we need a physical presence but we need a number 9 more. Someone that can put the ball in the net.

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Heard a rumour a couple of weeks ago about a striker from Killie. Thoughts were Cameron and yet people moan if someone like Stevie May is mentioned. I agree we need a physical presence but we need a number 9 more. Someone that can put the ball in the net.

And neither of those mentioned are that. 

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Heard a rumour a couple of weeks ago about a striker from Killie. Thoughts were Cameron

Is that allowed seeing as we already have Connell on loan to us from Killie? Genuine question, I'm not sure on the rules re loans and how many you're allowed from same club.

Is that allowed seeing as we already have Connell on loan to us from Killie? Genuine question, I'm not sure on the rules re loans and how many you're allowed from same club.

Fairly certain you can have 2 loans from a club provided they aren’t in the same league. Partick have McKinnon and Weston from Rangers and Morton have Schwake and Kabia from Livingston.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Fairly certain you can have 2 loans from a club provided they aren’t in the same league. Partick have McKinnon and Weston from Rangers and Morton have Schwake and Kabia from Livingston.

Yeah you could have 2 loans from the same club from the league above a few years ago when we went down we had Thomson and Hardie both from rangers so it does happen 

43 minutes ago, Raithie said:

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

14 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Yeah you could have 2 loans from the same club from the league above a few years ago when we went down we had Thomson and Hardie both from rangers so it does happen 

57 Subject to Regulation 60, a Club shall not, at any one time, have more than:-

(i) one Player League Registered with it on the basis of a Temporary Transfer from any one other Club for the time being eligible to participate in the same Division as itself;

(ii) three Players League Registered with it on the basis of Temporary Transfers from any one other Club for the time being eligible to participate in another Division from itself; and

(iii) in aggregate, including Players falling within Regulations 57(i) and 57(ii), five Players League Registered with it on the basis of Temporary Transfers from Clubs and Scottish Football clubs.

I think our loans have a 1 in 3 success rate at the minute. ORiordan thankfully has been a roaring success, in fairness he'd still be getting game time even if he wasn't. 

Ngwenya is a strange one, Liam Dick seems to have reinvented himself over the summer and Young looks capable but needs development. 

Connell could come onto a game but at the minute we're not getting the most out of him. 

Compared to the permanent signings Nolan is solid, Easton is up there with the best players in the league when he's on form and Brown has been invaluable. 

Millen the jury is still out for me, he was much improved against Hamilton but has been lacking in other games, I also foresee he will become the boo boys go to player. 

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I don’t think Killie would be too happy at loaning us another striker if it’ll only push another one of their strikers further down the pecking order. Kind of defeats the purpose of the loan.

Connell is out of contract at Kilmarnock in January so I think they are getting a wage off the books before being honest letting him go, I would take Cameron from them rather than nobody come in but he wouldn’t be my first choice 

2 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Connell is out of contract at Kilmarnock in January so I think they are getting a wage off the books before being honest letting him go, I would take Cameron from them rather than nobody come in but he wouldn’t be my first choice 

Would agree with this, definitely in the beggars can't be choosers part of the game.

Keep hoping for a tweet from Starks Park, if it comes I hope it brings better news than the last one on deadline day did! 

I see on this day in 1978 the young Gordon Wallace scored 4 against Queens Park.  I remember it at the time,  I reckon that was the performance that finally got him his move to Tannadice and brought his name sake back. Can't be too long til we see "on this day Willie McLean resigned as manager to move to Ayr Utd" 

Edited by Scottydog

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Ngwenya is a strange one, Liam Dick seems to have reinvented himself over the summer and Young looks capable but needs development. 

Dick has reinvented himself from being completely shite to just being a bit pish. But aye, Ngwenya doesn't look up to much. Need to wait until he actually plays left back to fully judge him tho. 

22 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Keep hoping for a tweet from Starks Park, if it comes I hope it brings better news than the last one on deadline day did! 

I see on this day in 1978 the young Gordon Wallace scored 4 against Queens Park.  I remember it at the time,  I reckon that was the performance that finally got him his move to Tannadice and brought his name sake back. Can't be too long til we see "on this day Willie McLean resigned as manager to move to Ayr Utd" 

Was that not after Gordon Wallace MK1 returned to the Rovers (early '78) as I'm sure when he scored the four against QP we were in the First Division and they were in the Second.

They beat us 4-2 in the return at Hampden and we scraped through on penalties. One of the QP players who gave us no end of bother in that game was one Ian Ballantyne.

After what can be most politely described as 'teething problems', the Rovers programme should return to its full size 48 pages for the Inverness game.

Plenty of reading about Rovers past, present and future and plenty of great photography from Tony Fimister, Eddie Doig and Jim Foy.

Still costing considerably less than the price of a pint down the High Street.

Edited by Specky Ginger

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

…Young looks capable but needs development. 

Unfortunately he’s now behind Nicolson (the ICT LB loanee) at Elgin City, so the hoped for development is looking unlikely. Don’t expect him to get any more than 15-20 minutes a game at most.