The New Raith Rovers Thread

When talk of marquee striker came up, I wondered if it might not be Doidge. I'm sure he's said he's only willing to play in Scotland for at least the next year or two because his other half is completing a degree up here, and his form hasn't been good enough for a fair while to justify regular game time at Hibs. 

I think there was some talk of Dundee being interested though, and I'd be surprised if there weren't bottom half Premiership teams willing to take him on too. It'd be a big coup, but ranks as hugely unlikely at this point. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

It appears most names mentioned will never be good enough. Is Stevie May better than what we have, yes. Will Stevie May be okay in the Championship, yes. Will we sign him, no. A fit Stevie May would do a job for anyone in out league but he is more likely to go to Dundee or Queens Park than us.

On what part of his current and historic performances for St. Johnstone or Aberdeen are you basing this on? 😂 over 190 games, less than 30 goals. Not far off Gullan levels there. 

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

On what part of his current and historic performances for St. Johnstone or Aberdeen are you basing this on? 😂 over 190 games, less than 30 goals. Not far off Gullan levels there. 

Playing most weeks in the league above us. 

Playing most weeks in the league above us. 

As a 29 year old non-scoring goalscorer? Wonderful. Also 5ft 10, can't see him being the hold up guy people are clamouring for. Not the answer, though I don't know who would be right now. 

Edited by CountryBumpkin
Updated age, cheers Rover1990

55 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

As a 34 year old non-scoring goalscorer? Wonderful. Also 5ft 10, can't see him being the hold up guy people are clamouring for. Not the answer, though I don't know who would be right now. 

May is only 29 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think May would probably do a job for us, but it's probably the same job that Gullan is doing now. 

He would do a better job that Gullan. Gullan can then be moved into a supporting role as one of the 3 behind. He's a number 10 not a 9.

Personally I'd take May, although in saying that, it is a gamble he could start to resurrect his career or he could sink further and disappear with without trace.

On another note I wonder how many Championship coaches are at Ibrox tonight running the rule over youngsters like Ure, Lovelace, King, Devine and possibly Fraser, of course they could be at Alloa looking at Aberdeen's kids. 🤨

I'd imagine Bryan McDonald will likely be at Firhill tonight watching Arbroath, what  with our upcoming fixture at Gayfield in 10 days time. Someone will be at Fir Park tomorrow to take in Inverness's game against Motherwell.

He would do a better job that Gullan. Gullan can then be moved into a supporting role as one of the 3 behind. He's a number 10 not a 9.

I just see May is someone who will put a great shift in every match but probably not reach double figures in goals. Much the same as Gullan. 

I've heard Murray tried to sign Doidge on loan from Hibs and Marc McNulty but couldn't get either of them to agree i.e. we couldn't afford them basically. Maybe he's setting the bar a wee bit too high there but kudos for trying. 
I heard that he's going after targets which we realistically have little chance of getting but wants to try and see if he can sell the club to them. So that rumour would make perfect sense.

18 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

As your Granny would say 'If you don't ask, you don't get'

Mine used to say "you're no gettin it just fur askin!"     We couldn't win either way!