The New Raith Rovers Thread

Don't forget the £50k transfer fee we paid for him as well, though. 
Overall, fully agree - Sim has said it isn't affecting the budget and, taking that at face value, I guess we need to accept it unless it emerges otherwise. 
It is quite infuriating the money that came in last season and how badly it was spent. Two ties against Celtic at Parkhead and the sale of Dylan Tait for £100k. Then we wasted £50k on Goodwillie plus whatever we paid him a week (over £1k seemingly) and then James Keatings, who we successfully managed to pay off. McGlynn really fucked it last season and set us back a couple of years.
The fact we brought in £150k for Bowie and still loose £150k a year. Getting £500k during covid with season tickets still being bought, £100k from fans. Raith TV subscriptions from non season ticket holders and away fans with no need for stewarding costs. We still manged to loose money. I smell absolute shite.

The fact we brought in £150k for Bowie and still loose £150k a year. Getting £500k during covid with season tickets still being bought, £100k from fans. Raith TV subscriptions from on season ticket holders and away fans with no need for stewarding costs. We still manged to loose money. I smell absolute shite.

I actually don't doubt the 150k hole that sim spoke about in his interview. I don't see any reason for him to lie about that. Going by his interview our wage bill is circa 700k a year off the top of my head. The 500k was for covid related things wasn't it? For every raithtv sub that was potentially 2/3/4/5 less individuals paying in to a game as well. We are lumbered with historic debt that we've never paid off, rather we've just moved it around over the years. Iirc ssp don't hold much if any debt but the football side is over 1.5 mill in debt. Considering sims background, I assume there's a reason for that.
Quite honestly though, people haven't had as much disposable income the past few years and that's only going to get worse.
We can moan all we want about the club not signing players but realistically it's a sign of the times more than anything else. There isn't a standout team in the championship this season, there's probably 2 maybe 3 I'd expect to be up there but the rest are in the same boat as ourselves. It's quite possible a few of the smaller clubs will face significant risk for their future.

I actually don't doubt the 150k hole that sim spoke about in his interview. I don't see any reason for him to lie about that. Going by his interview our wage bill is circa 700k a year off the top of my head. The 500k was for covid related things wasn't it? For every raithtv sub that was potentially 2/3/4/5 less individuals paying in to a game as well. We are lumbered with historic debt that we've never paid off, rather we've just moved it around over the years. Iirc ssp don't hold much if any debt but the football side is over 1.5 mill in debt. Considering sims background, I assume there's a reason for that.
Quite honestly though, people haven't had as much disposable income the past few years and that's only going to get worse.
We can moan all we want about the club not signing players but realistically it's a sign of the times more than anything else. There isn't a standout team in the championship this season, there's probably 2 maybe 3 I'd expect to be up there but the rest are in the same boat as ourselves. It's quite possible a few of the smaller clubs will face significant risk for their future.

I'm assuming that they will use SSP as a separate community entity to enable possible grant applications etc.

A wage bill of £700k per year we sold 1500 season books, that total at £280 a pop as £420k. We know fine well half of that is kids tickets at £25. So your saying we rake in 400k or so from sponsorship and winnings.
That's before any other outgoings the club has. No wonder we are in so much debt.
We had nearly 1500 season tickets sold the covid season.
If I'm remembering the figure sim (I think said) correctly then yes. I'm not stating that as a fact, it's a figure iv seen or heard somewhere though. As you say, alot of that is kids season tickets so 1500 during the covid season isn't saying much.

We should actually stop calling it the covid season as covid is still a very real thing, even if its not being reported on anymore.

I'm assuming that they will use SSP as a separate community entity to enable possible grant applications etc.
I would assume so also but it does leave the debt being placed on the football club side. Feel free to not qoute me for every post though [emoji23]

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

The fact we brought in £150k for Bowie and still loose £150k a year. Getting £500k during covid with season tickets still being bought, £100k from fans. Raith TV subscriptions from non season ticket holders and away fans with no need for stewarding costs. We still manged to loose money. I smell absolute shite.

Really have to tighten our purse strings then. 

On 28/08/2022 at 23:21, Michael W said:

Don't forget the £50k transfer fee we paid for him as well, though. 

Overall, fully agree - Sim has said it isn't affecting the budget and, taking that at face value, I guess we need to accept it unless it emerges otherwise. 

It is quite infuriating the money that came in last season and how badly it was spent. Two ties against Celtic at Parkhead and the sale of Dylan Tait for £100k. Then we wasted £50k on Goodwillie plus whatever we paid him a week (over £1k seemingly) and then James Keatings, who we successfully managed to pay off. McGlynn really fucked it last season and set us back a couple of years.

More than 50k, the fee

Miles over 1k per week 

signing on fee too apparently 

17 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Nicky Clark going to St Johnstone maybe they release stevie may and I won’t be surprised we sign him as we to sign injury prone players who average about 10 games a season 

I don’t think we will, if we sign a striker it will be some young guy from Crewe or something like that

It appears most names mentioned will never be good enough. Is Stevie May better than what we have, yes. Will Stevie May be okay in the Championship, yes. Will we sign him, no. A fit Stevie May would do a job for anyone in out league but he is more likely to go to Dundee or Queens Park than us.

I've heard Murray tried to sign Doidge on loan from Hibs and Marc McNulty but couldn't get either of them to agree i.e. we couldn't afford them basically. Maybe he's setting the bar a wee bit too high there but kudos for trying.