The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Zanatta leaving was down to him wanting to leave as opposed to freeing up wage to bring someone in.

I'd like to hope Zanatta leaving wasn't down to simply wanting to free up a wage, pretty sure Sim said in his interview there was funds for Murray to add to the squad before it was known Zanatta was leaving. Hopefully whatever Murray has, budget wise to play with, is bolstered further with the sale of Zanatta which by rights it should be. Fingers crossed it can entice a gem from somewhere to sign for us before the window closes.

51 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Tx will be able to relax now that's been confirmed.

Yep…

14 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Fecking took them long enough to announce that one 😂😂😂

See they admired he was signed at the start of the season?

4 hours ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Going by his interview today we've nothing close and it'll be a loan that comes in once the bigger teams have finished business.

That's what I took from it anyway.

Or hes keeping things close to his chest.No point in him continually saying we,re hopeful of bringing in someone which he has muted numerous times in previous interviews only for it not to happen

A mean nobody knew about McNeil being at the club until it was announced today,thats the way it should be 😂

34 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Or hes keeping things close to his chest.No point in him continually saying we,re hopeful of bringing in someone which he has muted numerous times in previous interviews only for it not to happen

A mean nobody knew about McNeil being at the club until it was announced today,thats the way it should be 😂

We all knew McNeil was at the club, just not the circumstances. He was named on the bench during pre season a few times, not as a triallist either.

Edited by CountryBumpkin

5 hours ago, foreverarover said:

If it came to loan's I'd take Zak Lovelace from rangers B on loan. Big, strong like a kieron Bowie on steroids. Tipped for big things ar Rangers. Watched him come on and bossed the game. I know it's lowland league level but he is a stick out.

Not to be cynical, but Mitchell did similar things last season at Bo’ness…was running around .65 goals a game if I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not to be cynical, but Mitchell did similar things last season at Bo’ness…was running around .65 goals a game if I remember correctly.

Same with that Algeria guy who bombed at Partick last season and now can't get a game for Falkirk. 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Same with that Algeria guy who bombed at Partick last season and now can't get a game for Falkirk. 

I refuse to believe that guy was signed for footballing reasons and not just to make sure Morelos has a Colombian mate. 

The boy is absolutely pish. 

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Wish we had the cash to prise Callum Gallagher and Callum Smith away from Airdrie. Was that a part of the deal with Murray leaving them that we couldn’t try to bring them too. 

Murray's contract was up so no deal actually had to be made.  I sure Gallagher's contract was up in the summer but he eventually signed an extension 

9 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Murray's contract was up so no deal actually had to be made.  I sure Gallagher's contract was up in the summer but he eventually signed an extension 

A bit of a gutter though, quality player.