The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I see that Greig Young was benched by Elgin and they went with the boy they just signed from ICT. 

I saw that, he was injured last week and came off early but, I assume the ICT lad can go to training with his team mates while Young is down here

Incredibly tepid interview with Sim, so many questions avoided, so many inconsistencies in his answers.

Thanks to K107 for the time out into getting the detail but the chance to push the envelope wasn't taken. 

DGW issue was pretty much a free pass re the clubs reaction to fans, Raith woman's team, volunteers and woman in general.  

Lack of payment for advertising yet he's been there for years and his CEO is there every day. 

The Titan discussion was appreciated, I needed a good laugh. The biggest portacabin in Europe to provide hot chocolate for folk using the pitch. Not quite the story we were told. 

His legacy will be the infrastructure and we will continue to work round his outbursts.

At least it wasn't as bad as it could have been, not by a long shot. 

Well at least there is an answer on the Goodwillie funding, its essentially coming out of Sims pocket.

K107 have asked the questions we wanted asking and have got some information out there. At the end of the day they are local community radio and they need to temper asking these questions with maintaining a good relationship with the club. So to that extent you won't get a Jeremy Paxman cross examination. 

There were so many snippets came out of this for example the pitch side adverts had been unpaid for years and nobody had bothered to take them down. 

Very interesting comment that when McGlynn was in hospital he sent someone down to check on Smith who was temping. That's a whole can of worms there. 

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

There were so many snippets came out of this for example the pitch side adverts had been unpaid for years and nobody had bothered to take them 

That then begs the question of our commercial director Tom Morgan or the CEO depending on how long theres been no payments, either way somebody needs a foot up their erse

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Post match interview and not a single question on the initial thoughts around the injuries today. Amazing.

Exactly my thoughts for Brown to go off so early is worrying amd granted it might be too early to tell but he's been one of our best players since he signed. 

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That then begs the question of our commercial director Tom Morgan or the CEO depending on how long theres been no payments, either way somebody needs a foot up their erse

Exactly, I know for years we were managed hand to mouth and stuff would have been missed. We have had a much maligned CEO for a year now this simy should not be happening. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Exactly, I know for years we were managed hand to mouth and stuff would have been missed. We have had a much maligned CEO for a year now this simy should not be happening. 

I took it from the interview that it wasn't an oversight as such but that they left the boards up because it was better than having empty spaces with no other offers on the table. Have I misunderstood?

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I see that Greig Young was benched by Elgin and they went with the boy they just signed from ICT. 

And, much like Young on his debut, Nicolson got an assist on the first Elgin goal. They played a 3-5-2 today, where with Young in they played 4-4-2, so it might be a case of formation dictated change, or may Houng still has a niggle, or maybe it’s that Nicolson is there more…we’ll see. If Young stops getting time there, its a frustrating waste.

Think JS gets a bit of unfair criticism  from some.Hes doing what he thinks best for the club and if it wasn,t for him there may well have been no club

Time our Chairman or CEO who are in and about the club on a daily basis or should be put their head above the parapet by way of an interview instead of JS who spends the best part of his time in Thailand

56 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

I took it from the interview that it wasn't an oversight as such but that they left the boards up because it was better than having empty spaces with no other offers on the table. Have I misunderstood?

Yeah, this is what I took from it. If there was a queue of replacement advertisers the old boards would be down, but they've decided old unpaid for boards are better than none at all. 

Whether that's the right approach or not is a different question.