The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I would have thought we'd be kicking the arse out of a tab up at the Dean Park.

That's where I'd assume we'd put players too!  I know nothing of players or where they're staying though, all I know is someone from the club phoned someone I know about accommodation for two players for rovers players

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

John Sim has an hours interview on K107FM on Saturday, I don't know if this is mentioned or not.

Just when we got a win and a bit of positivity back, the dreaded John Sim appearance materialises. 

Just when we got a win and a bit of positivity back, the dreaded John Sim appearance materialises. 

I wonder if his stance has changed regarding supporting another club. What he says may influence my possible return to Starks Park. If its more pish it'll be watching away games only.

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:
4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I wonder if his stance has changed regarding supporting another club. What he says may influence my possible return to Starks Park. If its more pish it'll be watching away games only.

3 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Just the thought gives me the fear. What's he speaking on this time, the merits of apartheid?

You're sooo into diversity equality and tolerance.... so long as it agrees with you.

...Anything else is fascism in your book

John Sim has said some things that annoyed me. The stuff about his first thought after the DG furore being to shut the club down, and that bit about there being 41 other clubs to support. Daft things to say that don’t exactly paint him as a football man. 

However, like it or not he’s the man who enabled Reclaim the Rovers to happen, who owns the ground and club, and it’s useful to hear his thoughts.

I suspect he is more about helping the community, rather than being a big football fan, seen as he also helps the campaign to bring back the Kings Theatre (the old cinema building). 

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Would love to know the thought process of those at K107 prior to handing this well known idiot another platform. Great thinking, only good can come from this, I’m sure. 

I don't think it's the place of K107 to be doing the club's PR for them, just in the same way Alan Temple's interview with John Sim earlier in the summer was legitimate journalism from the Courier. 

If the owner of the club is willing to give interviews, it's not up to the local media to decline them because what he says is offensive or controversial. 

The onus should be on the club to control their own messaging and, if an interview is going to be useful in communicating to the support, making sure it's done in house. Although I appreciate that's made very difficult when the owner has made it very clear that he'll be doing and saying whatever the f**k he wants. 

11 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

That's where I'd assume we'd put players too!  I know nothing of players or where they're staying though, all I know is someone from the club phoned someone I know about accommodation for two players for rovers players

Nolan is staying at the Strathearn I’m sure - went out for a meal the other week he was there and regularly see him while on route to walk the dog to the park so it may well be for 2 signed boys. 

32 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Nolan is staying at the Strathearn I’m sure - went out for a meal the other week he was there and regularly see him while on route to walk the dog to the park so it may well be for 2 signed boys. 

Yeah, good chance it'll probably be for him and O'Riordan which is a bit of an anticlimax 

I'll wait to hear what's been said but I can't see any good coming out of the k107 interview. Obviously, you can't really fully comment based on a 16 second clip, but it certainly sounds like he's going to claim he's been misquoted. Based on what we've heard about the situation so far I've absolutely no reason to believe Sim and every reason to believe Alan Temple. 

Just get Goodwillie off the books and we can put this whole absurd saga behind us.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'll wait to hear what's been said but I can't see any good coming out of the k107 interview. Obviously, you can't really fully comment based on a 16 second clip, but it certainly sounds like he's going to claim he's been misquoted. Based on what we've heard about the situation so far I've absolutely no reason to believe Sim and every reason to believe Alan Temple. 

Just get Goodwillie off the books and we can put this whole absurd saga behind us.

What does Goodwillie actually do on the day to day? Does he train? Or just stay at home?

41 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Stays at home. He's not training with us. He effectively gets paid to do f**k all.  

Fucking sickens me that we have managed to get ourselves in a position to facilitate this.

For all he did that was good, this will forever taint John McGlynn's legacy with the club. It's really quite sad.

Will be listening to the interview as well. Anticipating a lot of playing about with words as to the current situation.