The New Raith Rovers Thread

If he's signing for them then he's obviously been looking to go pt and I'd doubt we'd have been in for him. I doubt we'll see a signing this week. As long as we bring in 1/2 before the window shuts im OK with that. It's another week for the players we do have to gel and work together.

Hi Folks.

Needing a bit of help with this if at all possible.

Back around the time when the iconic RemembeR strip was unveiled, somebody painted a miniature model figure of a football player in phenomenal detail and sent it to Jack Alexander at MacCrea's Battalion Trust.

The miniature model figure stands approximately 5-6 cms tall.

The Trust would appreciate knowing who went to such skilled endeavour so that their name can be added to the archives along side the model.

1238849076_Remembermodel.thumb.JPG.5ed1fef2915ab265cdc24f8fb54c7fc0.JPG818728062_Remembermodel(2).thumb.JPG.c4f6a6b51e9a194ada1ff6db0ca0fbd4.JPG1034256803_Remembermodel(1).thumb.JPG.bbd326e26aa01caf3737165e9c1e6001.JPG

Many thanks in advance for any information received.

Adam Rooney is in his mid 30s and has scored 13 goals in 2 years.  I'm sure one of these much maligned "kids" could give us that tbh.

That said, we do need something.  We won't come against teams as bad as Morton most weeks.

Edited by CALDERON

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'm sceptical as to how good Rooney will be. He's scored 13 goals in 53 games for Solihull Motors. I'd imagine their league is of a similar to worse standard than ours.  

The National League, formerly known as the Conference and also the level immediately above the one Ugwu and Musonda played at before we signed them. Manny Duku managed a decent haul in the National League after leaving ICT last season. 

I suspect he'll likely be a decent signing at this level compared to a relegation magnet like Innes Cameron, but it's hard to quantify isn't it? Maybe he's finished, perhaps most his appearances were off the bench (genuinely have no idea) but I would say well worth a punt. 

Edited by Michael W

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The National League, formerly known as the Conference and also the level immediately above the one Ugwu and Musonda played at before we signed them. Manny Duku managed a decent haul in the National League after leaving ICT last season. 

I suspect he'll likely be a decent signing at this level compared to a relegation magnet like Innes Cameron, but it's hard to quantify isn't it? Maybe he's finished, perhaps most his appearances were off the bench (genuinely have no idea) but I would say well worth a punt. 

Manny Duku went to the National League South which is the tier below the National League. National League North and South both play to try and get into the National League. 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Manny Duku went to the National League South which is the tier below the National League. National League North and South both play to try and get into the National League. 

So he did, my error. I thought he'd been relegated at Havant, but he wasn't. 

10 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I think Adam Rooney will be great at this level to be honest.

Don’t know what went amiss when at Salford as he was rifling them in for a period of time. 

Would have been ideal to work with our 3 youngsters up front including Connell

He scored loads for Salford when they were in the National League but when they got promoted to League 2 he wasn't so prolific and eventually lost his place in the team.

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

So he did, my error. I thought he'd been relegated at Havant, but he wasn't. 

Not an error really mate just a funny league system to work out I thought the exact same before realising, it but actually a very impressive and sensible pyramid they’ve got. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

I don't understand the hate for Innes Cameron on here. Everytime I've seen him against us he's looked big, strong and a threat in the air. Pretty much exactly what we need in a striker. 

4 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

I don't understand the hate for Innes Cameron on here. Everytime I've seen him against us he's looked big, strong and a threat in the air. Pretty much exactly what we need in a striker. 

I agree we need a presence up front but also someone who can score. Cameron does not score goals.

4 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

Yeah I’m not as against him as some others seem to be, looks too me a bit like a young Brian Graham.

1 hour ago, JaketheSnake said:

Did OK, with Alloa but fairly louping season with QoS last year probably damped a lot of interest in him.

I wouldn't like to rely on him for double figures but I suppose he might help others score...