The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

I like my manager to show a bit of passion when we win so delighted to see Murray celebrate, important win yesterday and hopefully gives everyone a lift , couldn’t make the game yesterday but it definitely made my Saturday. Hope to see more celebrations from him 

Yup, he genuinely looked delighted. Hopefully he can push them on. A nice win and a good team performance 

4 hours ago, RaithRyan said:

Honestly wouldn’t have thought we’d won yesterday with some of the reaction on here. 

Actually quite sad seeing some supporters give off the vibe that they are desperate for Ian Murray to fail. Give the guy a break he’s just in the door. I’m in a couple of groupchats also and any mistake any new signing makes or result in the last couple weeks - there have been folk getting great joy tearing the team, management to shreds. 

anyone with half a brain knows change doesn’t happen overnight - but some folk just don’t want to give the man a chance, because he’s not John McGlynn. 

The reaction at the end shows passion. That’s what I want in my manager - and for me that’s what it’s all about. I stood at the end with one son on my shoulders and the other by my side and I think I even gave Ian a swinging fist right back at him. 

Being constantly negative gets you nowhere in life. 

Exactly and a lot of short memories from last season watching the drivel John mcglynn side served up from Christmas . John mcglynn was great for the Rovers but hes not here anymore and to be honest we have been left in a bit of a financial mess regarding signing DG . Ian Murray has my full backing and long May it continue but the guy has to be given time 

Boy in front of me yesterday was shouting abuse at Dario Zanatta while he warmed up on the sidelines, while we were 2-0 up. Real weird behaviour*
*Unless it was the real Dario Zanatta that’s had the terrible patter on here recently, in which case he deserved it. 

I don’t even think we can blame Craiguss for this one as I’m sure he was about 5 seats away from me.

13 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

In one of the early games, I'm guessing probably against Stirling Albion, Easton lost the ball twice in fairly quick succession trying to be too cute, too close to his own goal. 

I don't think he's done it again since, but it's still colouring some people's perception. 

To be fair, I do think it's a part of his game that you've just got to live with, he takes those chances and the majority of the time they come off, but I also imagine it's why Murray left him out against Aberdeen and Dundee. 

Yeah I think with Easton you just have to accept that he’s going to make mistakes with things like that. We’re never going to get the perfect player in our leagues and if Easton didn’t do any of that nonsense, he wouldn’t be playing at this level. He’s a high risk, high reward kind of player which is pretty different to a lot of the plodders we say every season. He’ll sometimes lose the ball in a dangerous area trying something fancy when a simple pass would do the job but when it comes off, which is more often than not, it’s great to watch and you can be sure he’ll work hard to fix it if he does make a mistake.

22 hours ago, Been going too long said:

I like my manager to show a bit of passion when we win so delighted to see Murray celebrate, important win yesterday and hopefully gives everyone a lift , couldn’t make the game yesterday but it definitely made my Saturday. Hope to see more celebrations from him 

Pashun you say?..........big hoanest loddies as well? 😀

On 14/08/2022 at 13:45, McGuigan1978 said:

Boy in front of me yesterday was shouting abuse at Dario Zanatta while he warmed up on the sidelines, while we were 2-0 up. Real weird behaviour*

*Unless it was the real Dario Zanatta that’s had the terrible patter on here recently, in which case he deserved it. 

Aye I could hear him. He looked like he had no teeth.