The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Without a fit Vaughan, Easton for me is the key to open up defences. IM needs to find a formation that allows Easton, Connolly to play when Matthews, Spencer are fit. If we play one up top, I would put Easton in at 10 to link the play. He has an eye for a goal and also a shot. The problem may be more how does IM play Brown who he rates along side Matthews and Spencer. 

I don't know, we opened up Morton's defence twice yesterday for the goals without any input from Easton. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't know, we opened up Morton's defence twice yesterday for the goals without any input from Easton. 

So because he wasn't directly involved with the 2 goals he's no good? Going by that logic we should start Dick up front next week cos he scored. 

37 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

It's probably still better than the belters I sit a few rows behind, one of whom stands and screams nonsense for 90 minutes. Yesterday it was at the ref, screaming "it's the same foul" over and over after Nolan was booked for shirt pulling and Quitongo wasn't. I don't wish ill on people but that lads having a heart attack before the season ends. 😂

I think that was me. And yes I am a belter. 😂😂😂

I just don’t like referees very much. Especially when they are shite. 😂

I think brown keeps his place which is tough on the boys coming back. He's been one of the best players in just about every match and for me its his jersey until he goes off the boil, gets injured or is most likely suspended. 

Although much improved yesterday Stanton is the one who I would be inclined to drop for Spencer depending on the opposition. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

An example yesterday was when he floated a long freekick a foot or two over O'Riordan's head (not for the first time) and then started berating O'Riordan as if it was his fault for not being 8 foot tall. 

I remember this yesterday but I think, in fairness to Easton, it was actually Connolly he was having a go at. Connolly was alongside O’Riordan but stood and watched O’Riordan go up and not reach the ball and then it bounced out of play. I think Easton was making the point if Connolly had gambled and ran beyond when O’Riordan went up for the header, he would have managed to get on the end of it and kept it in play given it was well inside the pitch when it bounced before it went out.

Obviously it would have been better if Easton just hadn’t overhit the free kick and that was the main issue but he was right to make the point to Connolly in terms of his anticipation in case there was a similar situation later.

I have noticed Ethan Ross and Gullan arguing with Easton in recent weeks as well so he does seem a bit of a moaner but I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing (see John Baird). We have a squad of players that seem very nice. Having someone dig people out and let them know when they have messed up is no bad thing, it can make the rest of the team put demands on themselves and others too. Needs to make sure it is fair though and not just blaming others for his own mistakes but I don’t mind it.

36 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

So because he wasn't directly involved with the 2 goals he's no good? Going by that logic we should start Dick up front next week cos he scored. 

I'm replying to a comment saying he is key to opening up defences. I disagree and provided a couple of examples yesterday of this. How difficult is that to understand?

Connolly, Stanton and Gullan were involved in each of the goals. Maybe some seeds of hope for the future there. 

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

😂 amazing. No one does but, my friend, your blood pressure must be through the roof after every game. 

Football is the only thing that sets me off.  Didn’t lose my voice yesterday though…bonus. 😂

Honestly wouldn’t have thought we’d won yesterday with some of the reaction on here. 

Actually quite sad seeing some supporters give off the vibe that they are desperate for Ian Murray to fail. Give the guy a break he’s just in the door. I’m in a couple of groupchats also and any mistake any new signing makes or result in the last couple weeks - there have been folk getting great joy tearing the team, management to shreds. 

anyone with half a brain knows change doesn’t happen overnight - but some folk just don’t want to give the man a chance, because he’s not John McGlynn. 

The reaction at the end shows passion. That’s what I want in my manager - and for me that’s what it’s all about. I stood at the end with one son on my shoulders and the other by my side and I think I even gave Ian a swinging fist right back at him. 

Being constantly negative gets you nowhere in life. 

Boy in front of me yesterday was shouting abuse at Dario Zanatta while he warmed up on the sidelines, while we were 2-0 up. Real weird behaviour*

*Unless it was the real Dario Zanatta that’s had the terrible patter on here recently, in which case he deserved it. 

1 hour ago, RaithRyan said:

Honestly wouldn’t have thought we’d won yesterday with some of the reaction on here. 

Actually quite sad seeing some supporters give off the vibe that they are desperate for Ian Murray to fail. Give the guy a break he’s just in the door. I’m in a couple of groupchats also and any mistake any new signing makes or result in the last couple weeks - there have been folk getting great joy tearing the team, management to shreds. 

anyone with half a brain knows change doesn’t happen overnight - but some folk just don’t want to give the man a chance, because he’s not John McGlynn. 

The reaction at the end shows passion. That’s what I want in my manager - and for me that’s what it’s all about. I stood at the end with one son on my shoulders and the other by my side and I think I even gave Ian a swinging fist right back at him. 

Being constantly negative gets you nowhere in life. 

I like my manager to show a bit of passion when we win so delighted to see Murray celebrate, important win yesterday and hopefully gives everyone a lift , couldn’t make the game yesterday but it definitely made my Saturday. Hope to see more celebrations from him 

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Amusingly enough, given our huffing and puffing about Gullen not working as a holding forward, taking a ball and distributing it to other attackers, it was Jamie that got both assists on crosses. The first was a beauty of a cross to Dick’s head, spot on. The second looked to be Jamie trying for Ross charging into the goal mouth, but a defenders touch turned it out and, as it happened, right to Connolly.

The couple of defensive scares, and the goal, in the highlights show we still have a ways to go, but it’s much better than a few weeks ago. Getting basically beaten to a free kick to the front post is pretty inexcusable though. O’Riorden is a lanky bugger, a looks the business…Nolan looks much more comfortable…Dick is happier, and a better player, not having JMcG’s demands to attack, attack, attack…Millen, IDK, I haven’t seen enough to truly slate him, but I’d love someone to split a little time with him.

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

I just don’t like referees very much, they are shite.

FIFY

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

I think brown keeps his place which is tough on the boys coming back. He's been one of the best players in just about every match and for me its his jersey until he goes off the boil, gets injured or is most likely suspended. 

Although much improved yesterday Stanton is the one who I would be inclined to drop for Spencer depending on the opposition. 

Agree Brown keeps his place, but it’s not that harsh on Spencer and Matthews. They have been out for months, meanwhile the manager and team have changed quite a bit. It’s not like “not losing one’s place to injury” within a season.

Stanton, in the more aggressive role he played, would be more like Matthews, I’d think…but, as you suggest, Spencer and Brown in the 2 of IM’s preferred 4-2-3-1 would quite probably sideline Stanton a bit. Hopefully Stanton looks good until then, it might provide options in January if both Matthews and Spencer storm back, and someone needs a mid…not sure he’s working out well enough here, although yesterday was nice.

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Amusingly enough, given our huffing and puffing about Gullen not working as a holding forward, taking a ball and distributing it to other attackers, it was Jamie that got both assists on crosses. The first was a beauty of a cross to Dick’s head, spot on.

It was Connolly with the first assist not Gullan, though he was involved in the build up.

14 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

It was Connolly with the first assist not Gullan, though he was involved in the build up.

Hummmmm…you are correct…thank you, my apologies…normal, astute and correct service will resume soon!