The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, tiggerbounce said:

Is the club shop not in the main stand now

Website says main stand shop open during the week and South Stand on Saturdays.

Having a shop in a stand which has over 1k people in it, and having next to zero stock, makes no sense.

46 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Website says main stand shop open during the week and South Stand on Saturdays.

Having a shop in a stand which has over 1k people in it, and having next to zero stock, makes no sense.

During the game they announced that the official club shop was open in the South stand, yet it's a wasteland. Always has been. Like something oot of Mad Max.

I hope Liam Dick takes some confidence from his goal today. He had a decent wee run after scoring at Rugby Park last season, and hopefully he can do the same now. I don't think he's a bad player, but I do feel like he does almost nothing on instinct. He plays like he's always having to think about where he is, where he should be, what pass he should be making. It's those split-second delays that seem to limit him a lot of the time. 

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think Dick was always up against it last season in comparison to Tumilty (who seems to be struggling down at Hartlepool so far), but by the same token he is now benefitting from being compared to Ross Millen. 

And after replacing Macdonald another rampaging full back, tumility will actually have to defend now ( something he isn’t the best at)

I think Dick was always up against it last season in comparison to Tumilty (who seems to be struggling down at Hartlepool so far), but by the same token he is now benefitting from being compared to Ross Millen. 

Nail on the head right there. I said that exact same thing to my mates at the game today. He’s probably not much different from last season. He looks night and day far far better than last season due to Ross Millen though.

By that I mean, I don’t think he as anywhere near as bad as we had him down as last season.

Scrap the striker search or the winger that Murray mentioned that he’s after as well. Get another RB in to get Millen binned.

Despite his goal today dick isn't amazing at getting forward. He's not really being asked to get forward as much this season so far though and he does look better for it. It seems to me he's better when he's told to just go and do x rather than the x, y and z that mcglynn wanted him to do. Ross millen should not be playing championship football so I won't draw any comparison between the two.

Scott brown is improving every game I think he has been an excellent signing 
He's a no nonsense grafter and I'm quite happy with him so far. His touch let him down a couple of times today but overall he had a solid game and made a few important tackles.