The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Murray saying he is looking for an out  and out winger how about playing some players in their correct position we have Zanatta but Murary plays in up front

21 minutes ago, Zaltan said:

Murray saying he is looking for an out  and out winger how about playing some players in their correct position we have Zanatta but Murary plays in up front

Maybe because he's utter pish so was given a final chance to impress by being used as a striker. Which was a complete failure... 

You can't blame Murray. He said he wants a team that isn't outworked in any game (still waiting to see this to be honest) and Dario isn't exactly known for his work ethic. Skillful aye but that's not gonna be enough this year. Hopefully, this is gonna light a fire under him and we get the Dario Zanatta of the first half of last year. 

1 hour ago, Kooz92 said:

You can't blame Murray. He said he wants a team that isn't outworked in any game (still waiting to see this to be honest) and Dario isn't exactly known for his work ethic. Skillful aye but that's not gonna be enough this year. Hopefully, this is gonna light a fire under him and we get the Dario Zanatta of the first half of last year. 

Its weird that people keep bringing up that they've not seen a side that won't be outworked in any game. Its not an instant transition, if I had Mo Farah, or whomever, as my coach starting today, i'm not ready to be competing in events at his level by the weekend. Changing a teams style etc takes time, getting players in with that work ethic isn't instant. We've had a makeshift back line and two young lads thrown in 2 days after their signings, its not something we can just say we're going to do and its done, just like that. Its not a computer game. Realistically you're looking at a few months with a settled squad of your own players before that beds in properly. 

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Its weird that people keep bringing up that they've not seen a side that won't be outworked in any game. Its not an instant transition, if I had Mo Farah, or whomever, as my coach starting today, i'm not ready to be competing in events at his level by the weekend. Changing a teams style etc takes time, getting players in with that work ethic isn't instant. We've had a makeshift back line and two young lads thrown in 2 days after their signings, its not something we can just say we're going to do and its done, just like that. Its not a computer game. Realistically you're looking at a few months with a settled squad of your own players before that beds in properly. 

Changing a teams style takes time, no denying that. Players working hard should not. I can almost guarantee that the moment Ross Matthews is fit to play, he'll be outworking the majority of the team based on what I have seen so far. I'm not calling the players lazy, i'm just saying that they have yet to match the expectations that IM set when he was announced as manager that "no team will ever outwork us". I'm baffled that you think we need to bring in players with a work ethic. Surely players working hard is a minimum requirement for managers these days? FWIW, I thought both Nolan and O'Riordan put in a hard shift on Saturday but it's a team effort that is required.

We weren't out worked on Saturday, we just didn't have the quality to actually put the ball in the back of the net. I don't think the style of play Murray wants us to play is a million miles away from where mcglynn had us so there really shouldn't be too much of a transition period on that front. Giving players time to gel and getting someone who can do that scoring thing is what we need.
We now also have players who can play in every position so playing people out of position can stop now hopefully. Play to our strengths and we'll be fine this season. Assuming we can get those goal things at some stage.

36 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We weren't out worked on Saturday, we just didn't have the quality to actually put the ball in the back of the net. I don't think the style of play Murray wants us to play is a million miles away from where mcglynn had us so there really shouldn't be too much of a transition period on that front. Giving players time to gel and getting someone who can do that scoring thing is what we need.
We now also have players who can play in every position so playing people out of position can stop now hopefully. Play to our strengths and we'll be fine this season. Assuming we can get those goal things at some stage.

He now has a squad available to be able to play his preferred 4-1-3-2, hopefully he does as gullan needs someone beside him always has, hopefully one of those striker things shows up soon and he goals things soon after

1 hour ago, Kooz92 said:

Changing a teams style takes time, no denying that. Players working hard should not. I can almost guarantee that the moment Ross Matthews is fit to play, he'll be outworking the majority of the team based on what I have seen so far. I'm not calling the players lazy, i'm just saying that they have yet to match the expectations that IM set when he was announced as manager that "no team will ever outwork us". I'm baffled that you think we need to bring in players with a work ethic. Surely players working hard is a minimum requirement for managers these days? FWIW, I thought both Nolan and O'Riordan put in a hard shift on Saturday but it's a team effort that is required.

There are two different types I think. Players who work hard all the time and those who work hard even when their team mates don't. Matthews is absolutely one of those. 

It should be a minimum requirement, I agree. But lets be fair, its absolutely not. Look at some of the players we've had in recent times that started well and just faded because they didn't work and fans got on their backs etc. 

He now has a squad available to be able to play his preferred 4-1-3-2, hopefully he does as gullan needs someone beside him always has, hopefully one of those striker things shows up soon and he goals things soon after
I wouldn't be starting gullan in an ideal situation but he definitely needs someone next to him if he does start. I haven't seen enough of Connel but he looked like a similar type of player to gullan from what I have seen, so I'd be tempted to start Mitchell next to one of them. I'd hope we start Easton on Saturday to give us some creativity in midfield as well. He changed the dynamic of the game against Dundee. He seems similar to tait, in that he will try things. It won't always come off but he will at least try them to get us going.

From Murrays pre match interview: Nolan took a knock on Saturday so hasn't trained much, Spencer should be back in training within next 10 to 14 days with Matthews not far behind him, acknowledges we need a striker. 

39 minutes ago, Raithie said:

From Murrays pre match interview: Nolan took a knock on Saturday so hasn't trained much, Spencer should be back in training within next 10 to 14 days with Matthews not far behind him, acknowledges we need a striker. 

Spencer is looking very healthy. Hopefully he's out on the training pitch now.

Matthews is also looking fit as f**k.

Just now, grumswall said:
27 minutes ago, Dario Zanatta said:
Spencer is looking very healthy. Hopefully he's out on the training pitch now.
Matthews is also looking fit as f**k.

Shirley you would know if he's on the training pitch though?

How can I see the training pitch AND be posting on here at the same time ya daft c**t?