The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Our Season Ticket sales are up on last year to be fair, and Arbroath are having one of the best periods on their recent history. 

Compared to Morton, Ayr, Hamilton, Livi, ICT, QOS etc I'd guess we are doing alright numbers wise.  No worse or better than usual. 

Ayr have also sold more season tickets than last season 

As Calderon says, it really depends on who we're comparing ourselves against. We've done well against a good number of teams at our levels in terms of season ticket sales. I'd expect more from Dundee, and after that I'm not sure if Partick will have more or less. Morton were only sitting on about 850 last time I saw. Falkirk and Dunfermline are two outliers in the league below. 

As for the marketing at the club, I've been quite critical of the club in the past of it but I think it's day and night compared to where we were under Locke/Hughes. There's a lot of stuff behind the scenes which won't get picked up on. There's some stuff which is in the pipeline which might tie into some of the points which have been made.  Obviously, January has an impact in almost all aspects but in spite of that people are still parting with their money for season tickets. I think the million dollar question, and it's one which has been asked for seasons now, is how do we expand the core support from the 1,600-1,800 to progress to a higher base. We're probably doing more stuff than I can recall in trying to engage with younger fans to get them 'hooked' on the local experience. 

12 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Put a winning team on the pitch.

Tbf, even when we've done that in the past the response has been quite limited in the time I've been going to games. And even against Dundee, perhaps it's just my perspective, but the South Stand like it had decent numbers in it. 

Whilst there are some fair criticisms of the club commercially - like why do we wait until the just days before to sell home tickets and I get a feeling there could be some pennies being left on the table with the stuff in our club shop being hidden away - I don’t think one can be levelled at season tickets. Seemed the club put effort into that this year.

If we are even close to last season’s sales, considering there’s been nothing from the club really about Goodwillie and Rovers had all that rightly associated bad publicity, that’s good going tbf. Board/CEO really need to get that done asap, it has to have affected ST sales to some degree.

34 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Tbf, even when we've done that in the past the response has been quite limited in the time I've been going to games. And even against Dundee, perhaps it's just my perspective, but the South Stand like it had decent numbers in it. 

I think he's right to be fair, you can plot average seasonhome crowd vs. final league position and it tends to correlate pretty well, even if it's just a few hundred increase.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

As Calderon says, it really depends on who we're comparing ourselves against. We've done well against a good number of teams at our levels in terms of season ticket sales. I'd expect more from Dundee, and after that I'm not sure if Partick will have more or less. Morton were only sitting on about 850 last time I saw. Falkirk and Dunfermline are two outliers in the league below. 

The most recent data I have on a thread on prices and tickets that wasn’t made sticky…can you confirm the Morton number?

Arbroath: 1,303 (6Aug)

Ayr: 840+ (7 July)

Cove: 264+ (19 July, counting sold seats only, no club report)

Dundee: Nearly 2,900 (19 July)

Morton: 600+ (8 June)

Hamilton: No report (19 July)

ICT: (est) 1,700+ (3 Aug)

Partick: 2,000+ (5 Aug)

Queen’s Park: 202 (July 17, counting sold seats only, no club report)

Raith: 1,250 (19 July)

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

how do we expand the core support from the 1,600-1,800 to progress to a higher base.

Myself, Lewis Vaughan, Scott Brown, Jamie MacDonald, Tom Lang and Ross Matthews have been phoning random 01592 numbers trying to get people to buy season tickets without much success.

1 minute ago, Dario Zanatta said:

Myself, Lewis Vaughan, Scott Brown, Jamie MacDonald, Tom Lang and Ross Matthews have been phoning random 01592 numbers trying to get people to buy season tickets without much success.

Have you tried treble 20?

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:
1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Murray's interview in the Courirer doesn't exactly imply any new additions are imminent. 

that’s disappointing 

Even if we do get another striker, liklihood is it'll be another younger loanee. 

We just have to hope that something starts to click, soon.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Even if we do get another striker, liklihood is it'll be another younger loanee. 

Unless someone can come in and make a Ryan Hardie type impact, we're going to need to keep it very tight at the back this season...

2 hours ago, renton said:

Or  god forbid ( putting my Tx hat on here🤦🏻‍♂️😜) Leigh griffiths is only signed for 2 games for the team in oz maybe he is away just to get game time and come back for a team in the championship/spl . He was on loan at hibs when Murray was there I think ( I’m reaching here and don’t think it will happen and hope not tbh ) would have liked Euan Henderson from hearts if we could get him

Edited by Been going too long

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Unless someone can come in and make a Ryan Hardie type impact, we're going to need to keep it very tight at the back this season...

We need to find a system that gets the goal-scoring midfielders scoring again. Ross, Zanatta, Connolly and hopefully add Easton to that group. Maybe even Gullan. If we don’t then we’re as good as relegated seen as we don’t have any forwards worth speaking about.

33 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We need to find a system that gets the goal-scoring midfielders scoring again. Ross, Zanatta, Connolly and hopefully add Easton to that group. Maybe even Gullan. If we don’t then we’re as good as relegated seen as we don’t have any forwards worth speaking about.

We were certainly carried through the first half of last season by the scoring streaks that Zanatta and then to a lesser extent Ross went on. Once they ended we were in trouble. And 9 months later we still are.