The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Always next quarter said:

Is there not a chance to use the Raith suite for a fans pub by handing it over to the 200 club and use the titan and current 200 club for hospitality? 

Offer 3 levels of hospitality

200 club pie and a pint style

Existing lounges the ordinary meal and wine

Titan a more executive offering? 

The whole purpose of a marketing team is to expand income. We could be better off having no hospitality and save the cost of the marketing folk.

I read back the thread and there is mention of the CEO being on the highest wage at the club. If true it's Simms money but it would be interesting to hear what added value the post has brought. 

I briefly had a job in sales and the first task was cover your own cost to maintain your job. 

Problem is we hear nothing and subsequently fill in the gaps with gossip, hearsay and I'm sure at time truths which are leaked on forums etc. 

Very little positive news around and what appears is worrying through to wildly concerning. 

Andy Mill offered to do something like that a few years ago and thankfully it was knocked back.

The 200 club have been kicked out of the main stand twice in the last 30 years, the same thing would just have happened again once someone wanted more hospitality. The pricing of hospitality isn't an issue as long as it's good value which currently I don't believe it is. People should be going to work on a Monday morning raving about what a good day they'd had there, to the best of my knowledge that doesn't happen often enough.

Regarding Saturday I heard on Friday they'd only sold 12 places but I'm not sure if that included the 4 that were raffle prizes from Davo's testimonial lunch.

Either way not selling too many on the 1st day at home against the league favourites was piss poor, even John Sim wasn't happy with them...apparently.

2 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Will the outsourced advertising not be a Hearts related company as there was a rumour that she has her fingers in that companies pie and was trying to get it up and running last season.  

Dunno, it was back in May and June I heard that, although now I think about it I'm sure the term "Edinburgh based" rings a bell.

Edited by Scottydog

7 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Nah, more likely just another example of the CEO stumbling blindly in the dark. Has anyone have any idea what RRFC are paying for a CEO per annum these days. I heard she's on more than we paid the team manager last season, shocking if true. I've also been told she is in now in charge of stadium advertising (which has been outsourced to an advertising firm) yet we still have about a dozen and a half empty boards trackside. Add in Hospitality and she's obviously well worth her wages what ever it is.

I know she was originally paid by SPP but was told that's no longer the case.

This years AGM could be fun.

Is this the reason the match day programme is disappointing and mainly adverts?

Nah, more likely just another example of the CEO stumbling blindly in the dark. Has anyone have any idea what RRFC are paying for a CEO per annum these days. I heard she's on more than we paid the team manager last season, shocking if true. I've also been told she is in now in charge of stadium advertising (which has been outsourced to an advertising firm) yet we still have about a dozen and a half empty boards trackside. Add in Hospitality and she's obviously well worth her wages what ever it is.

I know she was originally paid by SPP but was told that's no longer the case.

This years AGM could be fun.

Reputedly on £50,000

11 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Yes, but he has a two year contract. 

So if he’s on £1k a week he gets £52k in a year and is liable for 40% tax on about £9k of that (for both years). 

if we pay him off in one go he’ll get £104k and be liable for 40% tax on £61k. 

So if we pay him off in one go his higher rate tax liability is about £24k, but if he gets paid monthly for two years it’s only £7k. 

He’d be daft to accept a pay off that will cost him £17k. 

You’re way off on salary it’s £1,500

Andy Mill offered to do something like that a few years ago and thankfully it was knocked back.

The 200 club have been kicked out of the main stand twice in the last 30 years, the same thing would just have happened again once someone wanted more hospitality. The pricing of hospitality isn't an issue as long as it's good value which currently I don't believe it is. People should be going to work on a Monday morning raving about what a good day they'd had there, to the best of my knowledge that doesn't happen often enough.

Regarding Saturday I heard on Friday they'd only sold 12 places but I'm not sure if that included the 4 that were raffle prizes from Davo's testimonial lunch.

Either way not selling too many on the 1st day at home against the league favourites was piss poor, even John Sim wasn't happy with them...apparently.

He's the problem

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I see Leigh Griffiths has signed a short term deal with John Baird's team in Australia. 

Good to see the old policy of shipping our wrong 'uns to Australia has been finally been resumed. 

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Hopefully goodfuckingwillie follows suit on a 2 year deal

I've reserved him a cabin on the boat. 

13 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Bandohope the reason the programme is less than it was previously is because most of the volunteers that did the programme even through the Covid period withdrew there labour after January.  

I'm aware of that as I'm in  contact with Bill Giby.my point is it seems to be outsourced same as the stadium advertising.I thought Tom Morgan was in  charge of all sponor/advertising.A reality check needed by those in charge even Arbroath ahead of us with season ticket sales 

17 minutes ago, Bandohope said:

I'm aware of that as I'm in  contact with Bill Giby.my point is it seems to be outsourced same as the stadium advertising.I thought Tom Morgan was in  charge of all sponor/advertising.A reality check needed by those in charge even Arbroath ahead of us with season ticket sales 

Yeah the season ticket sales show that we're a small club, as well as one with a very fractured fanbase of course. I wonder how much January has impacted it as well as just how interested the community at large really is in supporting the Rovers. We can all appreciate the current world situation but our numbers are poor by comparison and full time football must be something we will consider moving away from again if it stays this poor. 

Our Season Ticket sales are up on last year to be fair, and Arbroath are having one of the best periods on their recent history. 

Compared to Morton, Ayr, Hamilton, Livi, ICT, QOS etc I'd guess we are doing alright numbers wise.  No worse or better than usual.