The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, RavyDavy said:

Dundee offers hospitality packages from £75

Morton £109 (£10 discount for STHs)

Cove Rangers £75 for off-site hospitality

Partick £105 (£15 discount for STHs)

Looks to me like the club has the pricing right?? 

I'm sure you'll be aware of the external factors affecting customers and businesses alike? Something that will absolutely be impacting Raith Rovers, their supporters, local businesses and community in general?

Difficult to compare like for like - for example some of the pricier efforts presumably include a free bar. They might even offer decent seats at the match.

I'm not arguing that selling a 'luxury item' in the current climate is easy, but there are always some people and businesses with money to spend regardless of the economic situation.

36 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Difficult to compare like for like - for example some of the pricier efforts presumably include a free bar. They might even offer decent seats at the match.

I'm not arguing that selling a 'luxury item' in the current climate is easy, but there are always some people and businesses with money to spend regardless of the economic situation.

Properly marketing it and providing decent advance notice of availability has therefore never been more important. 

This is pretty basic stuff we've failed at. 

Edited by Michael W

32 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At a very quick glance, they look comparable to or not as good as Rovers' offering. 

This is what it costs... Tbh, a 3-course meal, match ticket, programme, prosecco, tea/coffee and a pie for £70 isn't that bad. Once you take out the pie, programme and tickets, where else are you getting a decent 3-course meal from for under £50 these days?? 

I'd agree it offers less value for STHs but it's hardly wildly over-priced. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Properly marketing it and providing decent advance notice of availability has therefore never been more important. 

Sack the Board.

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Is this another example of our CEO failing at her job or not putting too much effort into it because her hubby is no longer at the club

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

I have been told that the portacabin can only hold 20 people after all the necessary rework done inside the limit was reduced from 60 to 20 and this cost I am led to believe 120,00 pounds. It maybe a lot of tosh but in there there is a grain of truth. 

That can't be true, tell me the much publicised "biggest in Europe" portacabin hasn't been another white elephant?

Edited by Always next quarter
Spelling

I wouldn’t say the price of hospitality is particularly bad, I think it’s the experience that’s the issue.

I did it last season and I thought there was a lot the club could have done better. To begin with, the Raith Suite felt too sterile. Dim the lights a bit and get some music on. The menu was something along the lines of steak pie or chicken and gravy. How about modernising it a bit and offering a burger and chips, or pizza or something a bit less boring. 

4 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

That can't be true, tell me the much publicised "biggest in Europe" portacabin hasn't been another white elephant?

I mean its not tiny, but its still a portacabin after all, you can see just how big it is from the stand. We were in it when the home shirt was released, its cosy with 20 and has some space cut off for a kitchen

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I mean its not tiny, but its still a portacabin after all, you can see just how big it is from the stand. We were in it when the home shirt was released, its cosy with 20 and has some space cut off for a kitchen

Point is how valuable will it be. It seemed like a good idea but 60 down to 20 doesn't sound like it would have been viable for the outlay. 

1 minute ago, Always next quarter said:

Point is how valuable will it be. It seemed like a good idea but 60 down to 20 doesn't sound like it would have been viable for the outlay. 

I don't recall 60 being mentioned previously, I do seem to remember the original plan was some office space, I assume to allow us to make the changes to the changing rooms and manager office in the main stand. 

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

In the way that we know it’s coming but can’t or won’t do anything about it until it becomes the looming crisis that awaits us.

Did you read the post I responded to?

He ponders why it’s not more of a big deal, and to clarify, my general answer is ‘because it’s too big and scary and we don’t have a clue what to do about it’.

That is not kicking the can. Kicking the can means choosing to defer a decision on something difficult. My point is that fans have next to no power or influence when it comes the board change we would like to see. That much is proven at our club this year alone. To a certain, regrettable extent, we have to suck it up whilst Sim is in charge. We've seen good season ticket sales and strips purchased, so fans are clearly not of a mind to withhold money from the club. We can't buy him out unless he wants to sell, and fan-related appointments to the board can only exert as much influence as the owner and chief exec allow them to. Noisy protests and cardboard placards make a scene but wouldn't make Sim easier to deal with. More likely, as threatened, he walks away and closes us down.

So we're not kicking the can anywhere. We're not deferring anything because it's not ours to defer. We need to stay on our toes though. Who knows what circus will ensue once he decides he's had enough.

Went to hospitality few years ago, found it a very pleasant day and a nice enough experience - but not something I'd rush back to.  Certainly found a bar lunch plus pub crawl to the ground to be more enjoyable to be honest.

Nothing fundamentally wrong with the experience,  but I can find better things to spend the money on and have just as good a day out.

Edited by CALDERON

6 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I don’t get the difference it makes if we pay-off Goodwillie so he’s no longer an employee of the club.

We can’t change the fact the club signed him or undo the stigma and bad feeling which are lingering on. We’ll still pay him what he’s due and that will be from the club’s finances. The majority of the people who made the decision are still at the club.

Obviously people have various different ideas of what’s right but it don’t seem very logical to me thinking it’s all good once he’s paid off.

Why would Goodwillie want a lump sum pay off unless he has an account of shore? If hes working elsewhere hes paying tax at a lower rate than max.Pay of would rob him of at approx 40% in one go.Even Mr Dean Park wouldn't pay out if he had any sense

12 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

That is not kicking the can. Kicking the can means choosing to defer a decision on something difficult. My point is that fans have next to no power or influence when it comes the board change we would like to see. That much is proven at our club this year alone. To a certain, regrettable extent, we have to suck it up whilst Sim is in charge. We've seen good season ticket sales and strips purchased, so fans are clearly not of a mind to withhold money from the club. We can't buy him out unless he wants to sell, and fan-related appointments to the board can only exert as much influence as the owner and chief exec allow them to. Noisy protests and cardboard placards make a scene but wouldn't make Sim easier to deal with. More likely, as threatened, he walks away and closes us down.

So we're not kicking the can anywhere. We're not deferring anything because it's not ours to defer. We need to stay on our toes though. Who knows what circus will ensue once he decides he's had enough.

Please stop writing to me. Pretty please.

16 minutes ago, Bandohope said:

Why would Goodwillie want a lump sum pay off unless he has an account of shore? If hes working elsewhere hes paying tax at a lower rate than max.Pay of would rob him of at approx 40% in one go.Even Mr Dean Park wouldn't pay out if he had any sense

I’m not sure that’s accurate. I’m sure your tax code is calculated based on a years earnings.

If he was paid 1,000 a week for a year (52k) he would pay the same amount of tax as he would on a one off 52k lump sum payment. 

33 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’m not sure that’s accurate. I’m sure your tax code is calculated based on a years earnings.

If he was paid 1,000 a week for a year (52k) he would pay the same amount of tax as he would on a one off 52k lump sum payment. 

If he got paid a lump sum he would likely get hammered for tax in that pay but you are right that if he did nothing for the rest of the year it would equalise out in the long run. 

4 hours ago, RavyDavy said:

At a very quick glance, they look comparable to or not as good as Rovers' offering. 

This is what it costs... Tbh, a 3-course meal, match ticket, programme, prosecco, tea/coffee and a pie for £70 isn't that bad. Once you take out the pie, programme and tickets, where else are you getting a decent 3-course meal from for under £50 these days?? 

I'd agree it offers less value for STHs but it's hardly wildly over-priced. 

Fair enough regarding the cost then. I guess that it's just an overpriced product in general, much like Championship football I suppose. 

The club are definitely going to have to push it harder than they are though if they want to generate interest.