The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

John Sim isn’t getting any younger and when he goes that will be the next crisis for Rovers. That’ll be a lot more concerning than the Goodwillie debacle. Fans and club both just kick the can along the road until it gets flattened by a passing car.

Its amazing how quickly Reclaim the Rovers is a distant memory. 17 years already.

What do you expect fans to do to change the ownership situation? Be precise.

36 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Well this has escalated quickly.

We've gone from having a thread bare squad to Murray must go, devious board room activities, pending financial peril, whistleblowing "board members" meeting fans for beers to dish the dirt and dragging up the whole Goodwillie debacle again... All because we've lost 2 games.

It's a fucking riot supporting the Rovers. 

Really though, I think there's a few of you here that just aren't cut out for supporting a small club, maybe best for your own mental health if you find something else to occupy your time with. 

😂

If only the league was decided on the amount of pants pished.

42 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

You're like a broken record. A boring one at that. Move on. The majority of people are trying to. 

I hardly posted a thing when it was all happening back in January. Hardly a broken record. It’s football forum, discussing the matters of the football club? Not really much to understand.

I didn’t say I was going to give up the club I’ve supported for 28 years have I? f**k me.  

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

So in what way are fans "kicking the can down the road", as you said in relation to the crisis which may unfold when Sim departs?

In the way that we know it’s coming but can’t or won’t do anything about it until it becomes the looming crisis that awaits us.

Did you read the post I responded to?

He ponders why it’s not more of a big deal, and to clarify, my general answer is ‘because it’s too big and scary and we don’t have a clue what to do about it’.

Edited by Scary Bear

21 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

So in what way are fans "kicking the can down the road", as you said in relation to the crisis which may unfold when Sim departs?

Look at what happened at Gretna....
One guy owned the whole shooting match, then had the selfishness to die.  His family said f**k it, gies oor money.
No more Gretna.

Maybe we can do a Rangers, go to the wall and come back as 'the same team', get 54 league titles instantly awarded etc etc?  :P

No doubt part of the hospitality package problem is the lack of marketing, but for me the price is far too expensive for what you get.

£70 for a 3 course meal, with a glass of fizz chucked in. Then you add in the obligatory book of 50/50 tickets and the guess the crowd competition, plus a few drinks and it's pushing towards £100. And you get the bonus of a partially restricted view seat in the Main Stand.

For corporate guests, they need to more proactive than that with the pricing. For example, offer reduced prices if a full table is booked etc etc. 

For season ticket holders, the £10 discount is poor too. I would rather sit in my usual seat than the Main Stand so straight away the 'matchday experience' is reduced. They need to come up with a better deal than that to tempt season ticket holders to book it.

A new pricing structure incorporating a complimentary bar either pre or post match would be worth considering. I have no idea what other clubs offer, but I can't imagine that many are less attractive than our offering.

57 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I don’t understand. Is the water from the wet knickers?

That and the pish being spouted on here about the aforementioned "issues" 

Edited by RavyDavy

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

No doubt part of the hospitality package problem is the lack of marketing, but for me the price is far too expensive for what you get.

£70 for a 3 course meal, with a glass of fizz chucked in. Then you add in the obligatory book of 50/50 tickets and the guess the crowd competition, plus a few drinks and it's pushing towards £100. And you get the bonus of a partially restricted view seat in the Main Stand.

For corporate guests, they need to more proactive than that with the pricing. For example, offer reduced prices if a full table is booked etc etc. 

For season ticket holders, the £10 discount is poor too. I would rather sit in my usual seat than the Main Stand so straight away the 'matchday experience' is reduced. They need to come up with a better deal than that to tempt season ticket holders to book it.

A new pricing structure incorporating a complimentary bar either pre or post match would be worth considering. I have no idea what other clubs offer, but I can't imagine that many are less attractive than our offering.

This for me is why i'd not do hospitality. Its not an experience worth its price. I'd much rather go to one of the local pubs for lunch, have 1 course, a few beers and then head along to Starks Park, its cheaper, more social as well. The main stand is just far too uncomfortable as well, not to mention the partially restricted view. 

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Dundee offers hospitality packages from £75

Morton £109 (£10 discount for STHs)

Cove Rangers £75 for off-site hospitality

Partick £105 (£15 discount for STHs)

Looks to me like the club has the pricing right?? 

I'm sure you'll be aware of the external factors affecting customers and businesses alike? Something that will absolutely be impacting Raith Rovers, their supporters, local businesses and community in general?

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Is there any particular reason punters in hospitality can't have an option of going to the main stand for a seat or just standing outside the hospitality portakabin and watching the game?

The board and opposition delegates have been in the portakabin this season. It seems like there was hospitality in the boardroom itself on Saturday. I actually chose to sit in the main stand...

I have been told that the portacabin can only hold 20 people after all the necessary rework done inside the limit was reduced from 60 to 20 and this cost I am led to believe 120,00 pounds. It maybe a lot of tosh but in there there is a grain of truth.