The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Give it a fucking rest. We're two games in to the season ffs.

Let’s wait till we face Morten. Then my assumptions of this squad is valid. Especially after the dross served up against shite like Stirling Albion and Dumbarton. These were competitive games btw, and we fuckin blew it. 

19 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

At least your hopeful, we are in the banter era. I thought Murray was the answer. Jack Ross was the brains behind his early success at Dumbarton, he’s achieved f**k all since. He’s clearly still signing players good enough for league 1. That performance against a shite Dundee team was evident. He hasn’t got a clue. Signing kids for the weakest part of our team just doesn’t fill me with any kind of confidence. He has absolutely no contacts in the game. We used to be a club that gave the most promising of players a chance to shine. Not anymore. Cheers McGlynn, oh I’m glad your Failkirk got pumped. 

How do you know contacts Ian Murray has? Would signing players from several quite different markets not suggest that he has a decent contacts book?  The past 10 days has seem one free agents, 2 different loans from 2 different Scottish clubs, and a loan from an English League 1 club.  That does not scream "absolutely no contacts"

Surely signing "kids" and "giving promising players a chance to shine" are quite similar?

In any case, the "kid" signed on Friday was one of the better players on the pitch on Sat.

We get it.  You have set your stall our early doors and written off the season, and no doubt desperate to give it the big "I told you so" next Saturday.  But this looks like making stuff up to suit your agenda, tbh.

Thankfully the fans at the game on Saturday were about a million miles away from this type of post.  

Edited by CALDERON

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

How do you know contacts Ian Murray has?

Surely signing "kids" and "giving promising players a chance to shine" are quite similar?

In any case, the "kid" signed on Friday was one of the bett

Ngwenya, Nolan got there arses handed to them quite a few times when Dundee eventually broke through. Dundee were just as awful as us. They took their chance. We squandered ours 

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Too many big words for you eh?

“I,ve heard this”,”I,ve been told this”,”I,ve been at meetings at SP”,”I,m in the know” blah,blah ,blah

We all know you have a beef with the club cause your pals not there but its tedious

If I was a board member being shunned I would just resign. If its as bad as that surely there will be changes at board level sooner rather than later. 
Easier said than done. I don't know what the state is now but most of the directors in the club had soft loan arrangements with the club. Ie the club owe them money.

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Ngwenya, Nolan got there arses handed to them quite a few times when Dundee eventually broke through. Dundee were just as awful as us. They took their chance. We squandered ours 

Ngwenya wasn't playing in defence, Ryan Nolan is 23, and O Riordan was man of the match.  So signing "kids" didn't really have an impact on the "weakest part of the team"

Let’s wait till we face Morten. Then my assumptions of this squad is valid. Especially after the dross served up against shite like Stirling Albion and Dumbarton. These were competitive games btw, and we fuckin blew it. 
Why would your assumptions of a squad that isn't complete be valid because we've played morton? Honestly just calm yer tits.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Obviously I'm not, but back in June a current board member told me that was the case, the man in question was there then and is still there now so that gives you a 33% chance of correctly guessing who it was. I was also told that McGlynn was within an inch of getting sacked after losing at home in April but it was decided to give him until after the cup final. They are a soft and sentimental Buch at heart it would appear.

Edited to add, In general I'm neither ITK or getting preferential treatment. As described the board member reached out to me, here's the 2nd line from the PM he sent me.

"If you think a meeting to discuss your concerns would be helpful please let me know and we will schedule it in."

We met Thursday 9th June in the Strathearn Hotel, it lasted 4 hours and I had 4 pints and a nip of Bowmore, hope that helps. I knew at that time Spencer would sign and that Ross Millen was signing on the Monday I said nothing to anyone, Spencer was announced the next day. Many things were discussed including talk of DG's imminent departure (and his destination) and the 3 strikers Murray was after.... I can safely say that now as none of it came to fruition.

Why would a board member reach out to you?

Not really a surprise people.are pissed off, is it? The squad is worse than last season's, the manager hasn't addressed a glaring failing of last season and signed a striker (I.e. one other than a youngster on loan), we made an arse of an easy LC group and have started with back to back defeats for the first time since god knows when. It is a shite state of affairs. 
A defeat to Dundee is far from the end of the world, but the preceeding games didn't exactly set the heather alight - defeat to Cove (not great), defeat to Aberdeen (expected) and draws with Dumbarton and Stirling Albion (poor). We need to improve quickly, or we will be in a relegation fight. As has been pointed out, our form in the second half of last season was consistent with that of a team in a relegation battle and we've started in the same vein despite pretty major changes. 
The last part is something that troubles me. Ever since that bloody signing in January the whole club has had a banter era feel about it. Things just continue to end up being a drama, even mundane things like trying to sign a bloody defender. I know it's not rational, but I fear the end result of this will be relegation.

I'm pretty sure the toxicity of the club meant there was no chance of keeping Benedictus, being thrown under the bus and all that. Maybe this pre season differs post Brexit and the previous basic transfer between even UK countries is difficult. I know it sounds sad but players are not on massive wages and even the cost of 6 days a week in fuel etc will be considered. Players are maybe just hesitant in this climate.

I couldn’t give a f**k about the Stirling or the Dumbarton games. A glorified pre season tournament.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Indeed.  Board members talking to fans about transfer targets and other sensitive matters over a few pints is a bit weird.

It certainly is, especially after so many of us telling them in January not to sign a rapist. But hey ho sometimes it happens.

I’d imagine it’s the sign of the times as well, hospitality isint exactly cheap, and I’d imagine businesses wouldn’t be willing to fork out that kind of money either.
Everyone is cutting back.
Valid reason though with everything that’s happened at the club in the last six months tho. Takes a lot more than a new manager and a couple of new faces to get out the Malaise we find ourselves in. 
Good point but looking at the size of that port cabin it looks no bigger than the old hospitality room. Seems a waste of money imo. I remember Sim stating that improvments were being invested by him and not effecting the playing budget. I'm a bit suspicious of it tbh.

Indeed.  Board members talking to fans about transfer targets and other sensitive matters over a few pints is a bit weird.
Its not weird to get talking to someone itk and they let some things slip. To have an organised meeting with someone to discuss these things would make it seem that you're in the know in the first place and should be party to what's going on.

Good point but looking at the size of that port cabin it looks no bigger than the old hospitality room. Seems a waste of money imo. I remember Sim stating that improvments were being invested by him and not effecting the playing budget. I'm a bit suspicious of it tbh.
Is the debt that's being accrued doing all that not being put on to the club rather than spp?

Look here:
https://fbref.com/en/expected-goals-model-explained/

In short, the calculation depends upon any of a number of often proprietary models. Simple distillation (from above website):
What is xG?
Very simply, xG (or expected goals) is the probability that a shot will result in a goal based on the characteristics of that shot and the events leading up to it. Some of these characteristics/variables include:
Location of shooter: How far was it from the goal and at what angle on the pitch?
Body part: Was it a header or off the shooter's foot?
Type of pass: Was it from a through ball, cross, set piece, etc?
Type of attack: Was it from an established possession? Was it off a rebound? Did the defense have time to get in position? Did it follow a dribble?

Sounds like codswallop to me. Does it bring into account the shite players not at the end of the passes?

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Agreed. Said they discussed the 3 strikers IM was after then,  when challenged, can't definitively name them. 

Sounds legit.

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:
8 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Is the debt that's being accrued doing all that not being put on to the club rather than spp?

The football club is an insolvent mess and SPP isn't. Make of that what you will. 

I have trouble reconciling things that have been said against the financial state of both companies. 

9 hours ago, Wardy said:

I’d imagine it’s the sign of the times as well, hospitality isn't exactly cheap, and I’d imagine businesses wouldn’t be willing to fork out that kind of money either.
Everyone is cutting back.

I heard from a very reliable source tonight that Arbroath have sold out their hospitality for the entire season already.

We started to advertise ours on the website about ten days before our opening league fixture against what is, love them or loathe them, the biggest draw in the division this season.