The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looking at Airdrie's start to the season it makes you wonder if Murray was actually hindering Airdrie over the last couple of years. 

Murray?  Already starting to rapidly fade in the memories.  Wonder if he has any thoughts along the lines of "have I made a mistake" yet.

5 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

Murray?  Already starting to rapidly fade in the memories.  Wonder if he has any thoughts along the lines of "have I made a mistake" yet.

You've got a free hit on here tonight neebur.

No Rovers fan is going to reply adversely to an Airdrie fan after you've just pumped Falkirk 4-0.

Some odd decisions in the game today by our lads. Long pumped balls to Gullan with no one able to support him was just a bizarre choice, as are any deep floaty crosses (at any point, they're worthless). To be fair to Gullan, he's not a tall player but he won his fair share in the air today. Drops too deep too often. 
Ross was a massive negative today for the best part of the game, baffled how anyone can think he's quick with or without the ball, he's just not. So many times he gets outpaced by a fullback or manages to run straight into them. 
Brown is also slow, has a very bad first touch, just kills any momentum when he's given the ball, hopefully either Spencer or Matthews gets him dumped to the bench or at least allows him to just not be required to control play at all. 
Both centre halfs did well today, O'Riordan looked very composed throughout, feel he could have had better distribution but this was his first game on Astro and a narrow pitch so let's see what happens when he acclimatises himself more. Nolan looked good, maybe got a bit tight to his marker too often but didn't look out of place. 

Ross had his best game for a long time today.

Brown is quickly becoming one of my favourite players. And won’t be dropped to the bench if he plays more like he did today.

Only player that didn’t play well today was Millen.

We were brilliant for the most part and had we scored a goal or even 2, not many people could have complained.

Shows the differing views different fans have I suppose.

56 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I'd like to agree, Dundee only slightly shaded the stats in all the positive places... but they still did and they won. I missed last week and people say this week was an improvement on last. Well last week must have been a truly awful watch. 

Some of the stories I heard today about the running of the club and actions at board level IS alarming.

WTF is happening to our club?? 

They’ve taken a massive huff because we won’t let their beloved rapist play. Fucking petty as f**k. 

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Ross had his best game for a long time today.

Brown is quickly becoming one of my favourite players. And won’t be dropped to the bench if he plays more like he did today.

Only player that didn’t play well today was Millen.

We were brilliant for the most part and had we scored a goal or even 2, not many people could have complained.

Shows the differing views different fans have I suppose.

Certainly does. I felt Ross was ok in parts of the first half, he broke away in the middle of the park and pushed forward well in one instance, but not a lot else, his chance was very poor and a pass to Stanton may have been better. My issue with him and to an extent Connolly is they're nowhere near supporting the forwards often enough. Gullan won a good few flick on's against French but no one could capitalise. 

Brown does the messy stuff well, he can break things up and recover but his touch is awful. I don't expect perfection at this level but it has to be so much better. I hope he can improve it throughout the season and have less times where a simple pass bounces up off his foot when he tries to control it. It just slows us down and breaks the momentum.

28 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

You've got a free hit on here tonight neebur.

No Rovers fan is going to reply adversely to an Airdrie fan after you've just pumped Falkirk 4-0.

The burning question is can they consolidate on 6th place again this season?

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

I'd like to agree, Dundee only slightly shaded the stats in all the positive places... but they still did and they won. I missed last week and people say this week was an improvement on last. Well last week must have been a truly awful watch. 

Some of the stories I heard today about the running of the club and actions at board level IS alarming.

WTF is happening to our club?? 

You've heard f**k all cos the 200 club are now irrelevant!

29 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Although I never thought I’d say these words, I actually think Liam Dick has played quite well this season so far.

He’s not ideal, but I think he’s not the worst…

Weird thought, move Dick to RB, start Ngwenya at LB, leave O’Riorden and Nolan at CB…you never know.

Scott Allan and Leigh Griffiths are signing in the next 10 days according to my reliable source within the club.

Shock horror…they’re calling for Murray’s head already…Fife’s Finest are always spreading negativity across social media platforms. They call me a compulsive liar but they’re just jealous that my reggae duet with Didier Agathe has reached number 1. 

Just now, Raithie said:

How would Andy Mill know when he's not on the board? 

Good question. I haven't seen him for a few days. He wasn't at the game today at all. Have you got a theory on that? 

50 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Murray is a slow build manager, st unk us out for 2 seasons until the tide began , he has something as a manager even we weren't convinced he would succeed with ourselves if we managed to get up..

give him 3 seasons and he will get you top 4,   will be get 3 seasons though....

I wouldn’t even give him 3 months. His signings have been horrendous and this 'tactic' of taking off all defenders when losing is just utter nonsense. 

Getting sick of him already. 

Great win for your guys today though. That raised a laugh, I must admit. 

10 minutes ago, KDY Gajy said:

Leigh Griffiths

How the f**k are we supposed to keep hold of the moral high ground now?

Celtic star Leigh Griffiths accused of stalking next-door neighbour and taking pics of her and family - Daily Record

Ex-footballer Martin Hardie sentenced for stalking - BBC News