The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Good luck to the lad. He's got a lot of promise and needs game time. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Good move for Young. A good spell with Elgin and he can be pushing for the first team afterwards. 

Agree very much, and surely getting in at Elgin was basted upon for a starting role for Grieg. That’s the Nywenga result…I hope it pays off. Surely this means Ngwenya gets a run of starts for us, and we’ll see what happens with Dick.

Edit to add: Looks to be the only LB on the roster, excellent!

Edited by TxRover

Some odd decisions in the game today by our lads. Long pumped balls to Gullan with no one able to support him was just a bizarre choice, as are any deep floaty crosses (at any point, they're worthless). To be fair to Gullan, he's not a tall player but he won his fair share in the air today. Drops too deep too often. 

Ross was a massive negative today for the best part of the game, baffled how anyone can think he's quick with or without the ball, he's just not. So many times he gets outpaced by a fullback or manages to run straight into them. 

Brown is also slow, has a very bad first touch, just kills any momentum when he's given the ball, hopefully either Spencer or Matthews gets him dumped to the bench or at least allows him to just not be required to control play at all. 

Both centre halfs did well today, O'Riordan looked very composed throughout, feel he could have had better distribution but this was his first game on Astro and a narrow pitch so let's see what happens when he acclimatises himself more. Nolan looked good, maybe got a bit tight to his marker too often but didn't look out of place. 

First time seeing us this season.

Positives - centre half isn't the problem

Negatives - fullbacks are the problem

We seem to huff and puff a lot, the build-up play is a bit too tippy-tappy and too many players are occupying similar spaces. Then we go long to Gullan and it kind of breaks down. We need a more defined formation with players in their best position. Unfortunately we have a gazillion players who all like to play in the same 40 yard area of the pitch.

We need a striker. We don't have a good one. This is a huge issue and along with our hesitant fullbacks, will cause us to be also-rans this season.

It's not inspiring, obviously, and we're very workmanlike at the moment. Let's hope for better when Spencer and Lang get back in the team. Also, Ngwenya has to start ahead of Liam Dick.

Millen we're stuck with.

Just now, Been going too long said:

Definitely more positives than negatives today, deserved a point, thought both centre backs were good and easton definitely improved us when he came on, that said we need at least a goal and a point next week to give us a kick start

I'd like to agree, Dundee only slightly shaded the stats in all the positive places... but they still did and they won. I missed last week and people say this week was an improvement on last. Well last week must have been a truly awful watch. 

Some of the stories I heard today about the running of the club and actions at board level IS alarming.

WTF is happening to our club?? 

14 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I'd like to agree, Dundee only slightly shaded the stats in all the positive places... but they still did and they won. I missed last week and people say this week was an improvement on last. Well last week must have been a truly awful watch. 

Some of the stories I heard today about the running of the club and actions at board level IS alarming.

Elaborate please if possible?

Can we all please calm down. 2 games and some have us relegated already. We only got 1 point in the first 2 games last season and has just conceded a 4 goal lead. Nobody was questioning things then like some are now.

If come October we are in the same boat then fair enough but we have a new manager who's just brought in 2 defenders to play together and needs time to bed in his own ways. The problem with our fan base, and it's always been this way, is folk want an instant impact and expect greatness from the word go.

We're one point worse off than we were after 2 games last season. Seen enough today against the supposed title favourites to suggest we're not far away from clicking. Calm your tits everyone. 

Edit: Ding beat me to it. 

Edited by Raithie

23 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

How would Andy Mill know when he's not on the board? 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looking at Airdrie's start to the season it makes you wonder if Murray was actually hindering Airdrie over the last couple of years. 

Murray is a slow build manager, st unk us out for 2 seasons until the tide began , he has something as a manager even we weren't convinced he would succeed with ourselves if we managed to get up..

give him 3 seasons and he will get you top 4,   will be get 3 seasons though....