The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

An 18 year old from Crewe is hardly inspiring confidence that he's going to be exactly what we need, but at least he's an actual centre back so that is something. 

The good thing is all these loans are just until January so we aren't lumbered with them all season long if they turn out to be hopeless. 

Christ are you on your period?!

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

An 18 year old from Crewe is hardly inspiring confidence that he's going to be exactly what we need, but at least he's an actual centre back so that is something. 

The good thing is all these loans are just until January so we aren't lumbered with them all season long if they turn out to be hopeless. 

FFS, some of your comment's on here make me want to hang myself, give the guy a chance, as has been said Lang will (hopefully) be back to fuul fitness when the loan expires.

If we don't line up with the following tomorrow I'm booing.

MacDonald

Millen  O'Riordan        Nolan     Ngewyna

Brown       Stanton

Connelly             Easton           Ross

Connell

I like the look of the big guy, hugely refreshing attitude. Playing in front of 20-30,000 at 18 and positive comments all round from Crewe. 

Both interviews today have me really looking forward to the game tomorrow. Swapped my shift which I probably wouldn't have done last season. 

Manager has something to prove though the level of cynicism surprises me a bit.

The great thing is he has told us directly what he likes, what needs work and I'm sure he's working hard to address it. His openness is a lifetime away from McGlynn which is a huge bonus. 

I think we will see a Millen Nolan Dick Ngwenya back four with brown in front of them. Think there will be shuffle of the pack further forward as well. 
I'd have been happier with that than our defence last week before today's signing. Get the defenders in to positions they are supposed to be playing and build on that moving forward. I think Murray will start the game with the two new cbs starting. Ngwenya or dick is a toin coss. I'm hoping brown can really show what he's about tomorrow in midfield. I would have gullan on the bench but I haven't seen Connel play so it's hard to say who is the better option.

22 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, pub car king said:
I think we will see a Millen Nolan Dick Ngwenya back four with brown in front of them. Think there will be shuffle of the pack further forward as well. 

I'd have been happier with that than our defence last week before today's signing. Get the defenders in to positions they are supposed to be playing and build on that moving forward. I think Murray will start the game with the two new cbs starting. Ngwenya or dick is a toin coss. I'm hoping brown can really show what he's about tomorrow in midfield. I would have gullan on the bench but I haven't seen Connel play so it's hard to say who is the better option.

According to the stuff on the courier site today both Nolan and Ngwenya took knocks in training at the start of the week. Both trained Thursday though. 

According to the stuff on the courier site today both Nolan and Ngwenya took knocks in training at the start of the week. Both trained Thursday though. 
Murray said he expected them to be fit for tomorrow in one of his interviews. I think dick will start at lb tomorrow but Nolan and o'riordan at cb.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we are going with Nolan and O'riordan as a centre back pairing, I think we need the experience of both Millen and Dick at full back. At least for the first few matches until they bed in. 

I think reserving Ngwenya for a (mid?) second half sub is a smart move. Then either Dick is off or moves in to rest Nolan/O’Riorden, with Nolan looking tired later last week and O’Riorden’s fitness unknown.

All being equal, I think the move should be O'Riordan in for Stanton, with Brown pushing forward, but fitness and familiarity will obviously factor in. 

It's a real shame that Nolan and O'Riordan don't have someone more senior alongside them to learn from, but I'm much happier with a natural central defender - even at 18 - in there instead of a midfielder who's filling in.