The New Raith Rovers Thread

How long must we be patient for? How many games before we can start to suggest he's not the man for the job? We've already lost to a team that will likely be struggling in the bottom half of the table.

If, as looks quite possible, this bad start turns into 4 or 5 league games without a win, can we afford to wait 10 or 12 games to see if he can turn it around? Not for me. See Dunfermline last season if you want to know how that ends up.

I think folk get a bit sucked in by his interviews, but actions speak louder than words and so far the signs aren't great. As mentioned above, it's like he's working his way through a shopping list of players he had in mind for league 1 Airdrie rather than an actual championship club. When the likes of Easton has never made it beyond league 1 in his career, its probably because he's actually a bit rubbish. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

How long must we be patient for?

The club can't afford to pay off and hire managers every time the team loses, hell, they can't afford to pay off a player they didn't need to sign.

The club from top to bottom is in transition and things might not click straight away or at all this season, gusset gushing will not change this.

How long must we be patient for? How many games before we can start to suggest he's not the man for the job? We've already lost to a team that will likely be struggling in the bottom half of the table.
If, as looks quite possible, this bad start turns into 4 or 5 league games without a win, can we afford to wait 10 or 12 games to see if he can turn it around? Not for me. See Dunfermline last season if you want to know how that ends up.
I think folk get a bit sucked in by his interviews, but actions speak louder than words and so far the signs aren't great. As mentioned above, it's like he's working his way through a shopping list of players he had in mind for league 1 Airdrie rather than an actual championship club. When the likes of Easton has never made it beyond league 1 in his career, its probably because he's actually a bit rubbish. 

There’s been 1 league game. One league game.

Who gives a f**k about the league cup group stage. See the amount of premiership teams that got knocked out of that at the group stage as well. It shows very few teams care about that cup. We have only qualified from the group stage in that cup once since it came in about 6 or 7 years ago.

So take that out the equation, we have played one meaningful competitive game. And you’re calling for his head.

I'm not saying for 1 minute that I think Murray is a bad manager, I wanted him as a manager, however, the concern is the budget constraints he is working under. No experienced players signed, no leadership which shows with him struggling to pick a captain.

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm not saying for 1 minute that I think Murray is a bad manager, I wanted him as a manager, however, the concern is the budget constraints he is working under. No experienced players signed, no leadership which shows with him struggling to pick a captain.

Scott Brown and Dylan Easton are both in their late 20s, does that not count as experienced?

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I genuinely think a small element of our support thrive on things not going well.

I genuinely don’t mate , think we have all had our fill of negative headlines about the rovers this year. Some fans myself included are just expressing our concerns about the squad, do I want them to lose to prove I’m right? Course I don’t , I won’t just eat a slice of humble pie I will eat the fecking whole pie 🥧 it’s slim pickings out there for clubs like us at the moment, hoped for experienced proven players but if he can’t get them he can’t get them. I wanted Murray to get the job but tbh I never followed his style of management before just thought he was best available and still youngish.  He is taking a bit of getting used to but I will be there Saturday cheering them on. This is just a forum, we all have our viewpoints, COYR

39 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Do you not remember how well Gary Locke started at the Rovers? Had us 3rd in the league at the end of October. Don't need to tell you how that turned out.

We are a club in transition. New manager, new back line (I would have kept Musonda), trying to overcome that clusterf*ck in January.

It's 1 league game into the season, teams aren't promoted/relegated after the 1st game. Give the manager a chance, I'm convinced he will come good 

When he relegates us, he can get on with the unfinished business of winning League 1. Looks like he’s trying to rebuild Airdrie at Rovers. Could he not sign one of their centre backs?
I'm actually excited if this second young centre half comes in as a signed player. Potential of a couple of centre backs as a long term future of the club.

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:
When he relegates us, he can get on with the unfinished business of winning League 1. Looks like he’s trying to rebuild Airdrie at Rovers. Could he not sign one of their centre backs?

I'm actually excited if this second young centre half comes in as a signed player. Potential of a couple of centre backs as a long term future of the club.

He will be a loan mate, just signed his first pro contract in summer with Crewe think it was for 3 years 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Scott Brown and Dylan Easton are both in their late 20s, does that not count as experienced?

No, both have played at a level lower than the Championship. I'm talking about a player like a Cammy Fraser who played at a higher level dropping down to prologue his career, a Jimmy Nicholl, a Steven Anderson, a Christophe Berra all players that are bring leadership and a wealth of top level experience. 

I hope LV comes back and gets at least another couple of seasons. 

Seems there are many ways to rupture the ACL, I did my trying a quick turn on a 5 aside pitch, A week after surgery I slipped on a tiled floor and stretched the repair, if I try to kick with my right the knee over extends and the joint opens up, most painful. My son did his as a result of being on the wrong end of a similar challenge to the one that ruined Ian Durant, Paul Gascoigne did his inflicting a similar challenge on Forrest's Gary Charles in the FA Cup final. Iirc Tom Lang's was as a result of an unlucky landing. LV has probably done a variation of some of the above. 

Aged 22 Fabian Caballero tore his acl  playing for Dundee in the Tayside Derby, interestingly he never had corrective surgery preferring to build up his hamstrings to increase joint stability. He played on for 14 years with thighs like tree trunks. 

4 hours ago, raith1974 said:

No, both have played at a level lower than the Championship. I'm talking about a player like a Cammy Fraser who played at a higher level dropping down to prologue his career, a Jimmy Nicholl, a Steven Anderson, a Christophe Berra all players that are bring leadership and a wealth of top level experience. 

The problem is finding that type of player. For instance, Michael Smith at Hearts is getting on, but still playing hard and often…maybe in a couple of years…or Andy Considine at St. Johnstone, etc…there’s just so few to find, that getting SAndo and Berra like we did was sheer blooming good luck!