The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Not really a biggie more trying to see where the complaint of secrecy could come from. 

The person in question talking about secrecy is someone who needs his hand held being a football fan and would like to know what the 'Emperor' had for his tea before being able to settle for the evening. Failure to know this results in recurrent meltdowns on here unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Is E tickets ‘sit where you want’ or do you have to sit in seats that you booked?  

Up to you, there'll be plenty free seats so just before kick off you can gauge where is free and sit where you want. That's what I've done in the past anyway. 

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Now, I agree that having the four currently out available would make a huge difference. However there are still some issues there: 

Matthews appears to have an injury that will recur; 

Lang is out until December, which causes us an ongoing problem; 

Vaughan needs to be handled with extreme care.

It will be very helpful, but is no panacea. 

Lang looks to be the last one back - we could do with him asap;

I don't see why Matthews' injury should recur, I thought the reason he's having the lay-off is to fix it once and for all;

And I don't see how we can treat Vaughan with extreme care - either he's fully fit to play or not, another ACL happens or it doesnt.

Spencer's return will be a boost too.

4 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

Yeah that's what I mean I didn't see the posts advertised or any debate/discussion before the announcement.

Not really a biggie more trying to see where the complaint of secrecy could come from. 

As I stress I think we get quite a positive service generally, look at Hamilton, Ayr and Morton for example. Dundee just don't do free detail such as interviews, I assume it's a paywall thing. 

Applicants for the vacant SLO role were advertised on May 26th:

https://www.raithrovers.net/54804/club-vacancy-supporters-liaison-officer.htm

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

Up to you, there'll be plenty free seats so just before kick off you can gauge where is free and sit where you want. That's what I've done in the past anyway. 

This is what I do, pick a seat at random and just sit where there's space, yet to be a game busy enough that I've been in someones seat

22 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

This is what I do, pick a seat at random and just sit where there's space, yet to be a game busy enough that I've been in someones seat

Season ticket holders seats have a reserved label on the backrest, it's easy to spot vacant seating.

Speaking of season tickets, is anyone itk about the Goodwillie situation? Still waiting on him not being employed so I can get one.

Out of curiosity, why does it matter that he’s paid off before you buy one? Either way he’s getting the money. If we pay him off in one go, this’ll cause significant cashflow options and could see the club spiral. As long as he’s not playing, I’ll back the club.

Out of curiosity, why does it matter that he’s paid off before you buy one? Either way he’s getting the money. If we pay him off in one go, this’ll cause significant cashflow options and could see the club spiral. As long as he’s not playing, I’ll back the club.
I guess it's just a point of principle for me. I haven't paid any money to the club since he was signed and I don't envisage doing so until he's gone. I didn't even attend the challenge Cup final etc. I sat and watched it with my daughter in the house instead and absolutely celebrated like a fan of 30 years would. I get he will be paid regardless, I just don't feel comfortable in paying money to the club while he is still there.

37 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Maybe the guilty Directors will stump up the dosh to pay him? I’m on Grumswall’s bandwaggon.

Edited by TxRover

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

And I don't see how we can treat Vaughan with extreme care - either he's fully fit to play or not, another ACL happens or it doesnt.

You have to treat a recoving ACL injury with extreme caution, you don't just come back from an injury like that at 100% its a very slow and gradual process.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Hadji said:
You have to treat a recoving ACL injury with extreme caution, you don't just come back from an injury like that at 100% its a very slow and gradual process.

Especially after having 4 of them between both legs.

That phrasing…

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Hadji said:

Especially after having 4 of them between both legs.

Isn't he bold.

See the source image

7 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. As long as our midfield don’t give the ball away then we won’t lose many goals anyway. emoji848.pngemoji23.png

Shame we've got Easton in there then, eh? Every other pass he makes is to the opposition. 

18 hours ago, Enigma said:

Wonder if there is any truth/still a chance of Adam Rooney. Seems to me he’s the experienced type of player we lack right now, the kind of guy who you’d hope would be ruthless in front of goal.

Isn’t the Adam Rooney rumour, purely based on forums such as this ?

From Twitter I’ve seen him linked with at least 4 other Scottish teams so far by their own fans.