The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

When we get Spencer/ Matthews back in 3/4 weeks and then Vaughan another 3 weeks at the back of them then yes.

Listen I hope LV makes a recovery, god knows we need him and if anyone deserves a break it’s him but we need to go carefully with him to try and get some games out him, if he gets hurt again it doesn’t bare thinking about in terms of his career

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

It would at least be honest

I'd love to see the reaction from yourself and others if the club came out with a marketing campaign that stated the clubs aim of finishing 3 places lower than last season.

It's one game.  That squad yesterday will not be the 11 that will play the bulk of this season.  

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Honestly think you need to get a grip a bit 

Would absolutely love a Dylan Easton, Zanatta, Connolly and a few of your other midfielders at Arbroath 

Watching your highlights yesterday and the difference was Megginson and I don’t think many teams in the division have a Megginson

That’s your opinion buddy but we did have megginson , we sat him on the bench every week . We do have some good players but we have lost a lot of decent ones as well , first half we created some chances but second half was embarrassing, where is our out working every other team mantra?

Edited by Been going too long

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I'd love to see the reaction from yourself and others if the club came out with a marketing campaign that stated the clubs aim of finishing 3 places lower than last season.

It's one game.  That squad yesterday will not be the 11 that will play the bulk of this season.  

If your happy that’s fine buddy, I use a football forum to moan about the team instead of booing players etc at games , I’m not sure why you feel so confident things will improve tbh if there are no decent players to sign

6 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

That’s your opinion buddy but we did have a megginson , we sat him on the bench every week . We do have some good players but we have lost a lot of decent ones as well , first half we created some chances but second half was embarrassing, where is our out working every other team mantra? 

We had Megginson and played him out wide where he was very ineffectual. That's what you meant right? Not comparing a striker from last season to Megginson now 😂

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

We had Megginson and played him out wide where he was very ineffectual. That's what you meant right? Not comparing a striker from last season to Megginson now 😂

Yes I meant  megginson and yeah we never played him as a striker so edited my post as noticed I made an error 

I've been following the Rovers for a deal longer than many on here and I've honestly never read or heard such overreaction as I have this season, and we're 1 league tie in. That's less than 3% of the campaign.

Here's a bold but experienced take, which will likely keep some kettles boiling - yesterday doesn't matter.

Very important players set to return in a few weeks, manager has said he still needs additional players,  the combination of which will allow certain players to return to their natural positions or be dropped, and 35 games to go.

Our season isn't defined or even shaped by defeat on day one. Should we show no improvement with those player and likely accompanying tactical adjustments by the end of 1st quarter, then I'll be concerned. But on the 1st Sunday? Nope.

Totally agree regarding Gullan a panic signing by Mcglynn IMO because we weren’t scoring goals and an expensive one at that. Personally Gullan is never a number 9 he’s best out wide or playing behind the front 2 
You mean like Vaughan, connelly, Zanatta, Ross. See where I'm coming from here.. And now Easton.

Brashie we played a team that has just come up and are still finding their feet you plat them with a high line and push them hard making them make mistakes it's not bloody rocket science. There again we still need a centre forward and two centre backs because what I saw on Saturday fills me with dread. You may see it different but I thought e were weak going forward and inept when it came to defending. Early days I know but I am not looking forward to getting scudded by Dundee.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

When we get Spencer/ Matthews back in 3/4 weeks and then Vaughan another 3 weeks at the back of them then yes.

There it is, relying on Vaughan. He's had 4 ACL is wish him ever bit of luck but we cannot count on him to get through a few games before something happens again. Yes a fit and confident Vaughan will rip defences but we have to tread very carefully for weeks with him. Spencer will make a difference but we still need an experienced CH in their along with a proper number 9, nit a kid from Killie who was deemed not good enough for their league challenge last season or Gullan that is not a striker.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I've been following the Rovers for a deal longer than many on here and I've honestly never read or heard such overreaction as I have this season, and we're 1 league tie in. That's less than 3% of the campaign.

Here's a bold but experienced take, which will likely keep some kettles boiling - yesterday doesn't matter.

Very important players set to return in a few weeks, manager has said he still needs additional players,  the combination of which will allow certain players to return to their natural positions or be dropped, and 35 games to go.

Our season isn't defined or even shaped by defeat on day one. Should we show no improvement with those player and likely accompanying tactical adjustments by the end of 1st quarter, then I'll be concerned. But on the 1st Sunday? Nope.

40 years for me and this team as it stands without additions is a team destined for league 1. No leader, no striker and no commanding CH or 2.

The team's a work in progress with new players getting used to our style, but despite that we're playing a lot of good stuff,  and several key players soon to start returning from long term injury, and further strengthening on the way. There's no excuse for this short sighted pessimism.

Edited by Raith_Raver

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

The team's a work in progress with new players getting used to our style, but despite that we're playing a lot of good stuff,  and several key players soon to start returning from long term injury, and further strengthening on the way. There's no excuse for this short sighted pessimism.

How do you know there's further strengthening, I've seen nothing to suggest this.

5 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

If you can call pointless passing triangles in the middle of the pitch that get us absolutely nowhere "good stuff".

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Honestly think you need to get a grip a bit 

Would absolutely love a Dylan Easton, Zanatta, Connolly and a few of your other midfielders at Arbroath 

Watching your highlights yesterday and the difference was Megginson and I don’t think many teams in the division have a Megginson

I would personally drive Easton and Zanatta to Gayfield myself if it got rid of them.

Megginson won't cut it in the championship. He didn't before and a couple of goals against our pathetic defence means nothing. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If you can call pointless passing triangles in the middle of the pitch that get us absolutely nowhere "good stuff".

Let's take out the loaded language and look at what you are actually saying - passing in the middle of the pitch is pointless.

You are "absolutely" irrational.