The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Perhaps Christophe was completely disenfranchised with the ongoing lack of signings defensively and reckoned that Murray was never going to sign a centre-back (how many  of us speculated Dick or Brown would feature until Lang returned?) until his hand was forced. Either that or he just came to the conclusion that RRFC are on the whole a shambles and is on a downward spiral. To such an extent he wanted out before he could be apportioned blame.

Regarding the managers office, dressing-room and boardroom I fear "there is something rotten in the state of Denmark"

"Perhaps" doing commonwealth games style lifting here.

Even with a fully signed-up squad Cove away on the opening day was a banana skin.  It was a big day for them and we always give teams a chance even when we're at our best. We are 4 key players down already and hopefully Murray isn't finished getting players in yet. Let's see where we are after Queen's Park away when a quarter of the season is done.

24 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

Even with a fully signed-up squad Cove away on the opening day was a banana skin.  It was a big day for them and we always give teams a chance even when we're at our best. We are 4 key players down already and hopefully Murray isn't finished getting players in yet. Let's see where we are after Queen's Park away when a quarter of the season is done.

A tremendously sensible take imo. We've clearly got faults which need improving, and we're still needing at least a centre back in. But there's still 35 games to go. 

15 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

A tremendously sensible take imo. We've clearly got faults which need improving, and we're still needing at least a centre back in. But there's still 35 games to go. 

Fair enough but and it’s a big but we  saw how the pars season went last year, if we get in a hole we just might not get out.  I have totally lowered my expectations now of this season, success will be staying in the league, on what we have seen pre season/league cup talk of playoffs is insulting to the fans, we have a weakened squad since last season , need to be realistic not be deluded 

Edited by Been going too long

7 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Fair enough but and it’s a big but we  saw how the pars season went last year, if we get in a hole we just might not get out.  I have totally lowered my expectations now of this season, success will be staying in the league, on what we have seen pre season/league cup talk of playoffs is insulting to the fans or it will be the other ones we are in

Insulting :lol:

17 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Insulting :lol:

Don’t know why your laughing, club trying to tell everyone we are going for the play offs , selling shirts, season tickets etc on the back of it. Truth is atm we won’t , as my user name suggests I have seen quite a few teams over the years and this one is weak.

Edited by Been going too long

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Don’t know why your laughing, club trying to tell everyone we are going for the play offs , selling shirts, season tickets etc on the back of it. Truth is atm we won't

Would you rather the club tried to sell season tickets and shirts off the back of aiming for 8th place then?  

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Don’t know why your laughing, club trying to tell everyone we are going for the play offs , selling shirts, season tickets etc on the back of it. Truth is atm we won’t , as my user name suggests I have seen quite a few teams over the years and this one is weak.

Honestly think you need to get a grip a bit 

Would absolutely love a Dylan Easton, Zanatta, Connolly and a few of your other midfielders at Arbroath 

Watching your highlights yesterday and the difference was Megginson and I don’t think many teams in the division have a Megginson

11 hours ago, renton said:

I suspect we are a bit fucked to be honest. Unless another couple of centre backs appear and allow us to get Brown further up the park, and Stanton out the team - as well as another striker who can give us a direct option when needed... and a whole new pre season to try and gel them together so they know who is here in any given situation so we don't give away soft as shit goals....

Aw we’re fucked. Finished. 😂