The New Raith Rovers Thread

29 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Stanton is one I'm very much on the fence with. He has been played out of position andeft exposed by others around him. Yet on the other hand he was in the team for most of the time he's been here and the amount of games he's been influential in or gripped up are minimal regardless of position he's played in. 

The guy is a good technic football player but there might be a reason he's kicking about with us and I just don't see us getting fhe best out of him especially not at the minute. 

As time goes on, I'm starting to fear his inclusion versus our form is trending into causation territory. 

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Ambrose?! Do you guys miss us already or something? He'd be an awful, awful signing. His legs are done that I genuinely think he'd struggle at League Two level.

This gives me the fear, we are in such need that there are some reaching for the panic button. Far from good business for Rovers Bene out and Ambrose in.

There were 4 guys in front of me yesterday who repeatedly suggested this move. 

1 minute ago, Always next quarter said:

This gives me the fear, we are in such need that there are some reaching for the panic button. Far from good business for Rovers Bene out and Ambrose in.

There were 4 guys in front of me yesterday who repeatedly suggested this move. 

That feels normal. I was stuck next to the aimless "get it up the park" people. 

7 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Merely a suggestion given we need a lump who will kick/head anything not another technical footballer 

Efe Ambrose is just that, a lump. We cannot even attempt to progress to a higher pressing game if we had that diddy at the back, he controls an offside line about as well as Stevie Wonder would manage to. Slow, poor positionally and lacks any game intelligence 

40 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Don’t worry, things go the way they are, we might pass you on the way down. What a shit situation we find ourselves in. I’ve never seen regression like that since A#%€a

Steady on.  Remember the absolute dross Smith served up, for example.

Seriously amazed that Raith let Musonda go considering the current issues you have at CB. Unless it was a case of him really wanting to leave, I can't understand it. Was he useless last season?

So far he has looked a class above anything we've had at CB for a few years. Not that it would have been too difficult to be fair.

12 hours ago, Wardy said:

The situation that happened in January has set us back quite a fair bit, and it’s going to take a very long time to get us back thinking we can challenge for promotion in my opinion. 

The sooner some of the fans realise this and recalibrate their expectations accordingly, the better. 

Of course I was disappointed in the result today. Am I surprised? No. Does it have me fearing the worst for the season though? No. 

If it’s like this for the majority of the quarter though? Then it’s maybe time to think of something else. But until then…let’s just see what happens. 

I suspect we are a bit fucked to be honest. Unless another couple of centre backs appear and allow us to get Brown further up the park, and Stanton out the team - as well as another striker who can give us a direct option when needed... and a whole new pre season to try and gel them together so they know who is here in any given situation so we don't give away soft as shit goals....

18 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Efe Ambrose is just that, a lump. We cannot even attempt to progress to a higher pressing game if we had that diddy at the back, he controls an offside line about as well as Stevie Wonder would manage to. Slow, poor positionally and lacks any game intelligence 

Think we should start with the basics first like defending crosses into the box/ marking players before we try high pressing game tbh. Amazing how he managed to play so long at the top level. Listen it was merely a discussion point not fussed in the slightest if we sign him but my main point is we need a guy who can defend first and foremost not another ball playing centre back. The 2 goals we lost yesterday were criminal 

12 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Seriously amazed that Raith let Musonda go considering the current issues you have at CB. Unless it was a case of him really wanting to leave, I can't understand it. Was he useless last season?

So far he has looked a class above anything we've had at CB for a few years. Not that it would have been too difficult to be fair.

Musonda looked a class act for most of his first season with us, barring the odd shocker (Pars away).

Unfortunately he was a bit injury prone and was never quite as effective last season. Not sure if that was due to not being 100% fit or not getting a decent run in the team in his best position.

Given he's a decent centre half and can fill in anywhere across the back four, and given how short we are of defenders in their natural position, it's looking more and more like a bad move that we didn't make more of an effort to keep him.

8 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Given he's a decent centre half and can fill in anywhere across the back four, and given how short we are of defenders in their natural position, it's looking more and more like a bad move that we didn't make more of an effort to keep him.

I doubt it'll happen but it would be nice to find out what happened with Musonda and Bene.  Was it the case that Murray just didn't rate them and thought he could better, if it was then that's turned out to be a disaster.  Or was it the case our budget is so poor that keeping one or both of them wasn't an option if Murray wanted to bring in other players.

4 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

I doubt it'll happen but it would be nice to find out what happened with Musonda and Bene.  Was it the case that Murray just didn't rate them and thought he could better, if it was then that's turned out to be a disaster.  Or was it the case our budget is so poor that keeping one or both of them wasn't an option if Murray wanted to bring in other players.

Its more likely the budget has been depleted big time. We’re paying for a fucking rapist that’s why. 

Captain sensible head on today,  I don't for one minute think Murray is a bad Manager and given time he'll get the balance right, hell better Raith teams than this one have went up to Cove and lost even our win in 2016 was a narrow 2-1 

Lets see where we are after 1st quarter and if need be, we can panic then

25 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Captain sensible head on today,  I don't for one minute think Murray is a bad Manager and given time he'll get the balance right, hell better Raith teams than this one have went up to Cove and lost even our win in 2016 was a narrow 2-1 

The difference between us and Cove is they have an abundance of cash. We don’t. Our glorious leader says No More Money for players. We just have to deal with it I suppose. 

28 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I don’t think he is a bad manager just feel he has made some bad choices so far and not helped by having 4 starting players injured and under contract plus the DG implications 

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The difference between us and Cove is they have an abundance of cash. We don’t. Our glorious leader says No More Money for players. We just have to deal with it I suppose. 

Where did you see the fact that there is no more money for players? Murray talking in the post match interview as though there are players still to come in.

45 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Better teams than this one?

We were rank bad yesterday, but I'm not remotely convinced that the Rovers teams who have played Cove in the past were better than our current crop.

The biggest difference is that Cove have come on leaps and bounds.

We got pumped up there under Barry Smith when they were a Highland League Club.

3 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Better teams than this one?

We were rank bad yesterday, but I'm not remotely convinced that the Rovers teams who have played Cove in the past were better than our current crop.

The biggest difference is that Cove have come on leaps and bounds.

We got pumped up there under Barry Smith when they were a Highland League Club.

Barry Smith is no barometer against other managers. He was pish, we all knew that.