The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'll give it a listen tomorrow. I'd assume it's to do with the cost of living crisis etc on top of red tape for players coming from outwith the UK with a bit of covid thrown in though?

I actually think the signings he has made are decent enough. It's the signings he hasn't made that are our problem. I'll listen tomorrow though.

Honestly it gives an insight and it’s not for the lack of trying to get players in it’s the players themselves, the clubs, agents and more he went through 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Honestly it gives an insight and it’s not for the lack of trying to get players in it’s the players themselves, the clubs, agents and more he went through 

I'm sorry, but his job is to get players in and then get the best out of the players we have. So far he's failing on both counts. I don't want to hear excuses, I want solutions. 

2 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Why not just summarise for us? Please 

The 1 can remember because I listened to it an hour ago so I’ll briefly remember he said a CH from down south set to join but we had wait until they were back from pre season overseas, everything was agreed they got back from the pre season and the day before he was supposed come up to sign the player called it off because we play on Astro and he never wanted that

and he did go other another signing on why they never signed either but can’t remember what he said on that 1 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

The 1 can remember because I listened to it an hour ago... 

... and he did go other another signing on why they never signed either but can’t remember what he said on that 1 

Without looking it up can you remember todays scoreline? 

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

The 1 can remember because I listened to it an hour ago so I’ll briefly remember he said a CH from down south set to join but we had wait until they were back from pre season overseas, everything was agreed they got back from the pre season and the day before he was supposed come up to sign the player called it off because we play on Astro and he never wanted that

and he did go other another signing on why they never signed either but can’t remember what he said on that 1 

Sorry, but I’m not buying that line. You get contacted by Raith Rovers and Google the club. Quick look over Wiki page and then click on “Starks Park”, right there…artificial turf. If we were genuinely chasing a player that wouldn’t do the most basic data search about a team trying to sign him, we deserve to get shafted. Something is rotten, not just in Denmark.

The situation that happened in January has set us back quite a fair bit, and it’s going to take a very long time to get us back thinking we can challenge for promotion in my opinion. 

The sooner some of the fans realise this and recalibrate their expectations accordingly, the better. 

Of course I was disappointed in the result today. Am I surprised? No. Does it have me fearing the worst for the season though? No. 

If it’s like this for the majority of the quarter though? Then it’s maybe time to think of something else. But until then…let’s just see what happens. 

27 minutes ago, Wardy said:

The situation that happened in January has set us back quite a fair bit, and it’s going to take a very long time to get us back thinking we can challenge for promotion in my opinion. 

The sooner some of the fans realise this and recalibrate their expectations accordingly, the better. 

Of course I was disappointed in the result today. Am I surprised? No. Does it have me fearing the worst for the season though? No. 

If it’s like this for the majority of the quarter though? Then it’s maybe time to think of something else. But until then…let’s just see what happens. 

It's easy to place blame on those who aren't here anymore,  but I do think we are seeing the issues with the previous management teams use of funds/budget.  

Having a deluge of midfielders on the books, as well as you know who, won't leave a huge amount of money left for the outstanding positions.  I don't think any of us need to be intimately involved with the finances of the club to realise that.  Last season saw as much money thrown about by the Rovers as I've seen for some time, and we've got pretty much f**k all from it really.  

It's easy to lay the blame at the door of the manager for making signings late in the day etc, but I really do think we are being let down by the players already here.

That does, however, make the signing of Easton quite strange.  We simply did not need a player of his type in, its a strange use of what may be a limited available spend.

Whilst the defence is obviously a concern, I'm really fucking worried about the situation up top.  Gullan didn't get a huge amount of service today, but he really doesn't help himself.  Can't hold the ball up, wins nothing in the air, and is just not really threatening in the box at all.  That may not be his fault, it may not be what his game is, but nobody really knows the answer to that.  He's another very capable footballer who doesn't really do a great deal.  

Even if every single player from today improves, and plays to the best of their abilities,  we still won't score enough goals.

The team are too nice, I've thought that for a while, but there is a general lack of physicality there.  With 2 minutes to go the ball was being worked between centre half's whilst we were 45 yards from goal - there is no direct route on whatsoever.  I don't think set pieces have been that bad at all, there just isn't anything in the box.  Cove absolutely bullied us.

That's the real fear.  The area giving us the biggest problem is the hardest to fix.  But even when every injured player is back,  it's relying on the most injury prone player in Raith Rovers history to solve it.  As harsh as that sounds, it's a harsh truth.  The only obvious fix I can see is if a physically imposing 15 goal a season striker appears.

Edited by CALDERON

Fair enough Murray is due some flack after today but this goes back to Christmas last season when we didn’t address the lack of goals in the side and the ludicrous decision to sign you know who by the board and John Mcglynn who some fans think is the messiah , The performances were dreadful after Xmas and the majority of the squad from last season are still here , when are these superstars going to turn up for a change , luckily I wasn’t there today but against Dumbarton and Stirling they were awful . Yes we still need players and I think Murray knows that I like the guys honesty which makes a change from the usual Mcglynn flapping his arms like a chicken we aren’t getting any luck , it’s the injuries , the Ref was awful , it was raining , 

Watched Murray's interview there and I think it's a very fair, accurate appraisal of the game. It obviously pales in comparison to his responsibility to put it right, but it's nice that the manager isn't trying to shy away from things we all saw with our own eyes. 

Also, a word for Davie on the interview. Being in-house media has its limitations but I thought those questions struck a good balance between being fair whilst also reflecting what we'd all just seen. Far from the simpering softball stuff you see from some other club's media. 

The fact we still employ Goodwillie, some of the people who voted to sign him are still in positions of power at the club are the biggest issues we face. I miss the stability of mcglynn but not what his signing has brought to the club since January. Give Murray time and all that baggage away and I think he can progress us. Until then, we're going to struggle imo.

Why is anyone surprised at this, can’t defend, 3 new players in there and one of them isn’t a defender. I might be boring I might prattle on but this is down to Murray , if we are too nice then sort it , it’s going to be a long season and we will tread water at best. I don’t care how many sound bites he comes out with or buzz words. Get them drilled on the training pitch 
It might not be Murray it might be the board of directors taking the piss out us all.

Things could be worse - Hartleys anglo monkey hangers were horsed 4-0 by Walsall.

PS Timmy Abrahams nearly scored for Walsall - shame

PPS Hendry scored a last minute winner for Forest Green at Bristol Rovers.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Watched Murray's interview there and I think it's a very fair, accurate appraisal of the game. It obviously pales in comparison to his responsibility to put it right, but it's nice that the manager isn't trying to shy away from things we all saw with our own eyes. 
Also, a word for Davie on the interview. Being in-house media has its limitations but I thought those questions struck a good balance between being fair whilst also reflecting what we'd all just seen. Far from the simpering softball stuff you see from some other club's media. 
Agreed. Davie has pushed for answers alot more than what would be normal and I do like Murrays open nature in his responses.

I have to say that today gave me the F E A R as Ian Brown would say. We had no commanding player and whilst we played ok football at times we got bullied for the actual game.

We are miles off this league right now and I've never felt as down about a season after today as I do right now