The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I liked him, smart player and better than gullan in my opinion and think with starting more games he would have got us 15 goals, yeah forgot about imrie knowing him from livi. It’s done now soon find out how he gets on guaranteed to score against us thou!!

Yeah, like I say, he definitely splits opinion and there will be loads of fans that will agree with your view. I just don’t see him being hugely prolific over a season at this level but we may well find out if/when he signs for another team in the league. Agree with your last point, an absolute certainty to score against us! 

Hes maybe on the road back to us lol , Morton or Hamilton would be my guess though, and given hes now 30 and approaching his twilight years, we have Connell till Jan and if he's any good we may have the chance of signing him permanently

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

This is what happens when you piss about with signings not prepared for the first game of the season 

Exactly, pathetic signing policy still probably 3 short of where we need to be. Still need at least one more  centre half and another striker. Bench is still made up of kids with Brown still playing out of position. 

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Exactly, pathetic signing policy still probably 3 short of where we need to be. Still need at least one more  centre half and another striker. Bench is still made up of kids with Brown still playing out of position. 

I’m praying that were not pinning our hopes on the players returning to try get us where we should be 

This is the thing we are now playing league games getting players up to speed and uts going to cost us. 

Next week we have Dundee who are the only other team to get beat today. They will come at us to get back on track ams u don't think we are ready. 

Murray talked of being too nice and not seeing out games professionally well here we are, it's going to be a busy week.

Why is anyone surprised at this, can’t defend, 3 new players in there and one of them isn’t a defender. I might be boring I might prattle on but this is down to Murray , if we are too nice then sort it , it’s going to be a long season and we will tread water at best. I don’t care how many sound bites he comes out with or buzz words. Get them drilled on the training pitch 

Having just got back to the pub after watching that game, few things jumped out at me. Nolan looks decent, strong and didn't really put a foot wrong for the majority. Connell looked busy and again, strong but was left with little to feed on. Millen and Dick barely crossed the half way line with any purpose first half and to be fair, Millen or Brown could have been hooked and no one would have noticed. Easton was a shocker. He's just not the man to play in a 2 man midfield, drop him or move him wide. 

Get Brown into midfield, Dick into centre half until we sign a better option.

7 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Why is anyone surprised at this, can’t defend, 3 new players in there and one of them isn’t a defender. I might be boring I might prattle on but this is down to Murray , if we are too nice then sort it , it’s going to be a long season and we will tread water at best. I don’t care how many sound bites he comes out with or buzz words. Get them drilled on the training pitch 

No feeling of surprise in this quarter.

We have been going backwards as a club since the turn of the year (perhaps even since last Autumn). The current board might comprise successful people in the business world but in the football world they are rank amateurs.........and it shows.

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Get Brown into midfield, Dick into centre half until we sign a better option.

This is a key…we need either Nolan/Dick or Nolan/Masson at CB, get Brown the feck away from there. I’d prefer Dick moved to CB and experiment with Ngwenya or Young on the left, either one surely offers more going forward than Dick, and we need one of the fullbacks driving forward for width. 

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

This is a key…we need either Nolan/Dick or Nolan/Masson at CB, get Brown the feck away from there. I’d prefer Dick moved to CB and experiment with Ngwenya or Young on the left, either one surely offers more going forward than Dick, and we need one of the fullbacks driving forward for width. 

So we go with another untried kid in defence. No we need an experienced centre half signed to play along side Nolan. We also need to get an experienced head up front. Stop playing players out of position. As I said earlier we need another 3 in and not kids on loan.

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

So we go with another untried kid in defence. No we need an experienced centre half signed to play along side Nolan. We also need to get an experienced head up front. Stop playing players out of position. As I said earlier we need another 3 in and not kids on loan.

Who do you suggest? 

I really struggle to see where these experienced players are.