The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Well explained, and he gave IM plenty of notice.

6 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I think Mitchell has likely earned his spot as a cover player off the bench this season. I also think, rightly or wrongly, Dick will be a centre half this season with Ngwenya and Young as the left back options. Brown will be available as cover. Murray wants a smaller squad with players who can play across multiple positions. Like I said yesterday though, there is still August and an extended loan window to go that may allow us to bring in more players if required. 

Mitchell needs playing time,  not bench time. Much prefer a loan, at least until January.

Edited by TxRover

Can understand folk wondering if Luke Connell can make the step up.

It’s definitely a big leap, but it’s encouraging that a fair chunk of his goals last season were against Cove Rangers, so it’s not as if he was just a flat track bully against the also rans. 

Fingers crossed he keeps up his good record against them this weekend. 

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

It’s definitely a big leap, but it’s encouraging that a fair chunk of his goals last season were against Cove Rangers, so it’s not as if he was just a flat track bully against the also rans. 

Certainly doesn’t come across as being overawed by the challenge in his interview. Confident, but not cocky.

24 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Kyle Connell 😉 I will get my coat bloody smart erse 😂😂

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Fair play indeed. I do wonder why he didn't stay in his coaching role with us though, perhaps he was concerned about the discussion it would cause with him still being around and not in the side? Look forward to his next steps. 

18 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Fair play indeed. I do wonder why he didn't stay in his coaching role with us though, perhaps he was concerned about the discussion it would cause with him still being around and not in the side? Look forward to his next steps. 

Yeah definitely a decent man who could have continued to have taken a wage , good luck to him 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Certainly puts to bed and conspiracey theories, fair play to Berra and we'll maybe see him back at Starks one day in the future as our Manager

In a random question about club related tat. Has anybody got ine of these? How big is it ie will it fit in an average hatchback, is it flimsy and a pain in the arse to put up on the wall. 

Screenshot_20220729-181116_Chrome.jpg

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

In a random question about club related tat. Has anybody got ine of these? How big is it ie will it fit in an average hatchback, is it flimsy and a pain in the arse to put up on the wall. 

Screenshot_20220729-181116_Chrome.jpg

It's 4 foot long and 6 3/4 inches wide, it'll fit in the car no bother.

13 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Is there PPV from Cove Rangers? Can't see anything on either website.

Cove is not broadcasting, that I can find.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

PPV no longer available to UK subscribers this season. 

Very Probably Not, but certainly in this case.