The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not sure what to make of this new centre back.  The word cruciate gives me the fear.  The fact he has not played a competitive game since 2019 gives me the fear.  Inter Milan former kid or not, he was chucked from Northampton after a few months.

Positives though, he is a centre half thankfully.  He might just end up being the next big thing as clubs not desperate for a ch like us have overlooked him.  He will be out to prove himself, so hopefully be a good one.

Fingers crossed.  Now to get in the next Dalziel up front....

Happy enough with the two signings today. Lb was a concern so glad dick has more competition there. Nolan is a complete unknown but I'm happy to go with Murrays judgement on it. I still back him and am glad he's finally got these signings over the line, but we need more. 

I liked davie asking Nolan "if he was chosen is he ready" he's no choice surely, he's our only fit natural cb. You're not getting the few weeks to adjust, just go and play. 

Just a small note on the club. Iv had two emails from the club the past two days. One was asking me to renew my season ticket and the other was about hospitality. Both of these should have been sent after these signings where anounced rather than after berra retired. It's amateurish that wasn't the case. 

1 minute ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Not sure what to make of this new centre back.  The word cruciate gives me the fear.  The fact he has not played a competitive game since 2019 gives me the fear.  Inter Milan former kid or not, he was chucked from Northampton after a few months.

Positives though, he is a centre half thankfully.  He might just end up being the next big thing as clubs not desperate for a ch like us have overlooked him.  He will be out to prove himself, so hopefully be a good one.

Fingers crossed.  Now to get in the next Dalziel 

I fully expect he's been well checked over before pen was put to paper given our history with ACL injuries

23 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

We have a new manager who wants to have a look at players before signing for them. What he did last season doesn't merit instant acceptance and a contract offer without being checked out by the new manager. Great if he's got interest elsewhere, another team he can do fair to middling with. 

Fair to middlings a bit harsh giving his form at the end of last season, I’d of liked to have thought that any monies free’d up from Berra would have allowed us to bring him in.   

9 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Fingers crossed.  Now to get in the next Dalziel up front....

I've tried to look into his record a bit online. He got put out on loan to Kidderminster in March. He started the first match after he signed but was taken off after about an hour. After that he struggled to even make the bench, only being listed once and even then he was an unused sub. 

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I fully expect he's been well checked over before pen was put to paper given our history with ACL injuries

That history was largely put down with McGlynn at the helm. We suspect now that his training and rehab of injured players was something akin to the Burma railway. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've tried to look into his record a bit online. He got put out on loan to Kidderminster in March. He started the first match after he signed but was taken off after about an hour. After that he struggled to even make the bench, only being listed once and even then he was an unused sub. 

Oh f**k, yet hes been signed unseen, and Poplatnik according to the story is Murray wanted a look at him

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Oh f**k, yet hes been signed unseen, and Poplatnik according to the story is Murray wanted a look at him

Interview had me more relaxed when I heard he has had a full pre season. Add in the description of his pre season matches against decent opposition. Sounded like Murray has seen him first hand. 

Edited by Always next quarter

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Going by the comments, I suspect Murray watched him in pre-season, his team played a few games against Scottish sides, wouldn't be shocked if at least one of our staff were there to check it out.

8 minutes ago, Dee244 said:

Fair to middlings a bit harsh giving his form at the end of last season, I’d of liked to have thought that any monies free’d up from Berra would have allowed us to bring him in.   

For every QotS performance there was a Pars performance, a lot of people seem to have selective memory over Poplatnik. Yes he could be effective at times, but equally he could be anonymous. He was also not really different from what we have given he's a link man, a support striker. He needs someone making runs for him to find them as he drops in. This was our issue last season, we signed so many players that played the same way. 

11 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Interview had me more relaxed when I heard he has had a full pre season. Add in the description of his pre season matches against decent opposition. Sounded like Murray has seen him first hand. 

Thats a relief, Murray must've liked what he saw, I must have a listen to the interview

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Checked it out as well, only signed for a month , just need to see what he can do and hope he hits the ground running 

Happy enough with the two signings today. Lb was a concern so glad dick has more competition there. Nolan is a complete unknown but I'm happy to go with Murrays judgement on it. I still back him and am glad he's finally got these signings over the line, but we need more. 

I liked davie asking Nolan "if he was chosen is he ready" he's no choice surely, he's our only fit natural cb. You're not getting the few weeks to adjust, just go and play. 

Just a small note on the club. Iv had two emails from the club the past two days. One was asking me to renew my season ticket and the other was about hospitality. Both of these should have been sent after these signings where anounced rather than after berra retired. It's amateurish that wasn't the case. 

Was signed on loan for a month to play in the Kidderminster first team and ended up playing just 64 minutes of competitive football on 12th March and didn't play again.

image.thumb.png.577cb01faee43056422b0d1b893eeae4.png

2013369155_ScreenShot2022-07-29at00_32_31.thumb.png.e5faf0ffe64e621200ce76895e3667e8.png

Link | Link 2 |

Albeit, he did feature for Northampton for 45 mins in a friendly against St Mirren and 30 mins against Dundee United this summer. Can only assume he played well enough in those two short appearances for Murray to be convinced to hand a one year deal to him.

Full pre season or not, I'm not sure I'd want to chuck him into the starting line up against Cove though.

Edited by St. Starko

20 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

is a striker to sign today7???? i hope so then we are hopefully complete to compete this term

I think we're still one natural centre half away from being complete but there is still a whole loan window to go