The New Raith Rovers Thread

24 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Hurrah an actual centre half !! With Inter on his cv as well, fair play!! it looks like Murray wouldn’t wait any longer and has went with plan B or C but he has the bodies in so I’m definitely happier, we once did sign Jorge Zoco from Real Madrid B and Jean Philippe Javary had Barca on his cv as well before heading to the Lang toun, Ryan is in distinguished company 

Not to be negative but M'voto had been at PSG as well - doesn't always help!

44 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I've heard Lee Johnson is dicking about re the McLelland deal. Wonder if we've given up on Pops. Was telt Murray wanted Pops to come over for Murray to have a look at him and his agent telt him to bolt. 

Probably due to the number of injuries that Hibs have. If true about Poplatniks agent then he's a moron. 

4 hours ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

Just because QoS got Rangers in the draw doesn’t mean we would’ve got them as well, I agree we should’ve qualified but the seeding would’ve been different if we did.

Yes we would have as we would have been given the 3rd qualifying number which was the same as Queens 

13 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Wasn't there a famous quote made a few years ago "you can't win anything with kids" all be it slightly different. 

We are a championship club with an obvious reduced budget what would you expect?! I for one am happy with the direction IM has taken.  The season is a marathon and  not a sprint so give the guys a chance to showcase what they can do before passing judgement.

But hey it is a forum so you are entitled to express your thoughts, but I am glad we also have some positive posters in full support of IM

I'm happy to give Nolan a chance but I find the fact that Northampton have bombed him out just a few months after signing him to be a bit of a warning sign. If Berra was alongside him I'd be a bit more relaxed about it, but he's not. 

We still need another centre back in plus a forward. 

28 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wanted Murray to get the job, but I've been very underwhelmed by the way he's gone about things this pre season, to the point where I am starting to lose a bit of faith that he's the right man for the job. 

How we get on hinges on him getting these next couple of signings right. We need a forward that can make an impact at this level, but it's even more vital that we get a centre back in with some decent first team experience under his belt. This guy Nolan has hardy kicked a ball in his career. We can't pair him up with a young loan defender or the likes of Liam Dick. 

I have a fairly similar view on things. I was sad to see McGlynn go, but some changes were required after the DG fiasco. Pleased we got Murray in. Concerned with how the pre-season has gone. Now crossing my fingers we don’t end up back in League 1.

27 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

At last a CB and on a permanent deal, albeit only till the end of the season but if he's as good as as reported him and Lang when he comes back should make a good partnership , suddenly things are looking up 

Where does it say until the end of the season has there’s been no details on contract length 

9 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Probably due to the number of injuries that Hibs have. If true about Poplatniks agent then he's a moron. 

Not necessarily. Why should he need to go on trial at a club he's just spent a season on loan at when he's seemingly got concrete interest from elsewhere?

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Where does it say until the end of the season has there’s been no details on contract length 

Read the details on the news release on the main page, signed a deal to the end of the current season

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

1 minute ago, Athlete29 said:

According to Transfermarkt - not sure how reliable that is though. 

Will have to wait until the players profile on the website tbh, because I checked that earlier in the month and it had wrong contract expiries and saying players left clubs when infact they didn’t 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not necessarily. Why should he need to go on trial at a club he's just spent a season on loan at when he's seemingly got concrete interest from elsewhere?

We have a new manager who wants to have a look at players before signing for them. What he did last season doesn't merit instant acceptance and a contract offer without being checked out by the new manager. Great if he's got interest elsewhere, another team he can do fair to middling with. 

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

We have a new manager who wants to have a look at players before signing for them. What he did last season doesn't merit instant acceptance and a contract offer without being checked out by the new manager. Great if he's got interest elsewhere, another team he can do fair to middling with. 

Maybe if McGlynn had taken a look at Keating before signing him we wouldn’t be where we are so fair play from Murray in my book.