The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ngwenya is a solid defending /attacking full back , gets the tackles in , up n down that wing the whole game and can handle himself , wee bit quiet but still only 19 I think , really good signing for you guys as would’ve loved him back at Kelty 

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

How Rovers is this:

“Nolan was due to make his first team debut in December 2020 but was ruled out for the season after he tore his cruciate ligament in training.”

You must be one of the most negative posters on this thread.Your time seem to be spent crticising/picking faults

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

You must be one of the most negative posters on this thread.Your time seem to be spent crticising/picking faults

Having watched LV's career, I'd suspect most Rovers fans will have a similar deep rooted fear nestled somewhere inside. 

2 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

I believe so, He was on loan at Airdrie previously scoring 6 goals in 22 games.

I also believe there may be another player to come too.

I've heard Lee Johnson is dicking about re the McLelland deal. Wonder if we've given up on Pops. Was telt Murray wanted Pops to come over for Murray to have a look at him and his agent telt him to bolt. 

IM  just like Ten Hag ( i am not  comparing them as such) seems to be picking up players he knows or has worked with.  I think this is a good call, They know what to expect from the manager and I'd Imagine will work hard for him too. I am pleased at how things are coming together. 

Edited by mealsonwheels

Hurrah an actual centre half !! With Inter on his cv as well, fair play!! it looks like Murray wouldn’t wait any longer and has went with plan B or C but he has the bodies in so I’m definitely happier, we once did sign Jorge Zoco from Real Madrid B and Jean Philippe Javary had Barca on his cv as well before heading to the Lang toun, Ryan is in distinguished company 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

@Ro Sham Bo what are your thoughts for this season?

Last season you suspected we’d be relegated, based on our signings, so I’d be interested to hear what you think about the preparation for this season and how we’ll fare.

I wanted Murray to get the job, but I've been very underwhelmed by the way he's gone about things this pre season, to the point where I am starting to lose a bit of faith that he's the right man for the job. 

How we get on hinges on him getting these next couple of signings right. We need a forward that can make an impact at this level, but it's even more vital that we get a centre back in with some decent first team experience under his belt. This guy Nolan has hardy kicked a ball in his career. We can't pair him up with a young loan defender or the likes of Liam Dick. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

26 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I've heard Lee Johnson is dicking about re the McLelland deal. Wonder if we've given up on Pops. Was telt Murray wanted Pops to come over for Murray to have a look at him and his agent telt him to bolt. 

Apparently according to Craig from the courier that Pops is signing for another Championship club he said it in the twitter spaces for K107 record 

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

At last a CB and on a permanent deal, albeit only till the end of the season but if he's as good as as reported him and Lang when he comes back should make a good partnership , suddenly things are looking up 

Where are these ‘reports’? I can’t seem to find much on him at all

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wanted Murray to get the job, but I've been very underwhelmed by the way he's gone about things this pre season, to the point where I am starting to lose a bit of faith that he's the right man for the job. 

How we get on hinges on him getting these next couple of signings right. We need a forward that can make an impact at this level, but it's even more vital that we get a centre back in with some decent first team experience under his belt. This guy Nolan has hardy kicked a ball in his career. We can't pair him up with a young loan defender or the likes of Liam Dick. 

Wasn't there a famous quote made a few years ago "you can't win anything with kids" all be it slightly different. 

We are a championship club with an obvious reduced budget what would you expect?! I for one am happy with the direction IM has taken.  The season is a marathon and  not a sprint so give the guys a chance to showcase what they can do before passing judgement.

But hey it is a forum so you are entitled to express your thoughts, but I am glad we also have some positive posters in full support of IM