The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Our statement states he’s on loan until Jan.

Aberdeens for the season.

ffs can we no even get this right 😂

Our comms are shambolic. I think I’ve spotted an error on every team sheet we’ve put on Twitter so far this season. 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

From the Courier report:

He was capped by Malawi in a friendly last year – who he qualifies for through his father.

He still qualifies for Scotland and Malawai, the latter through his mother.

🤔

Love Murray’s quote, “He’s someone who’s always impressed me. He impressed me when he was on loan at Cove Rangers, in the left-back area. I’m delighted to get it done.”

Tell me Ian, exactly what is “in the left-back area”? Does that include CH? AM? ST?

Murray said he's inundated with agents offering players and has rejected them all. The impatient on here keep suggesting he doesnt give a f**k about the sutuation. I'd rather go to Cove with a weak defence knowing that Murray will be getting the appointments right .

3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Murray said he's inundated with agents offering players and has rejected them all. The impatient on here keep suggesting he doesnt give a f**k about the sutuation. I'd rather go to Cove with a weak defence knowing that Murray will be getting the appointments right .

spot on

11 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Murray has said from day 1 that he won't sign a player unless he's had a good look at him. Youtube compilations are worthless really, just smoke and mirror garbage to show the good things a player does and hide all of the bad. Needing to see a player takes longer, takes more work, I expect we'll need to get used to this, rather than signing just anyone who claims to be a centre half.  

2 hours ago, CammyDick said:

if RR fans are turning their noses up at players like Ashcroft to fill the void I expect they’re going to be very disappointed. getting ideas well above your station if you think you’re above him 

It’s not that, I was being arsey, we offered cash money, your club turned us down nothing more to say on the matter. 

20 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

And how do you know he will? What has he done so far to earn your trust?

6 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

And how do you know he will? What has he done so far to earn your trust?

He needs to earn MY trust?

He has my approval, if he needs it, that he isn't rushing into signing players just to appease fans; that he's patiently waiting for the right players who will fit into his style of play. That's what he says he's doing, it's clear to me that he is, so I therefore trust that he will get it right in his own time - not the frenzied on here.

Edited by Raith_Raver

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Murray has said from day 1 that he won't sign a player unless he's had a good look at him. Youtube compilations are worthless really, just smoke and mirror garbage to show the good things a player does and hide all of the bad. Needing to see a player takes longer, takes more work, I expect we'll need to get used to this, rather than signing just anyone who claims to be a centre half.  

Well my friend he had Brody Paterson on trial for 3 weeks after having him last season at airdrie and what I was told was paterson wanted to sign but never got offered a contract so signed for Hartlepool so 

A) why have him on trial so long when he obviously knows what he can do

B) why then sign another untried left back when we have 2 on the books and need other positions desperately .

murray needs to prove himself to us, he is in a new job same as we would have to do if we started a new job and so far what he is doing is baffling to say the least. We may come good and I hope he has a master plan but from a fans perspective it’s very strange 

Just now, Raith_Raver said:

He needs to earn MY trust?

He has my approval, if he needs it, that he isn't rushing into signing players just to appease fans; that he's patiently waiting for the right players who will fit into his style of play. Thhta's what he says he's doing, it's clear to me that he is, so I therefore trust that he will get it right in his own time - not yours.

Well I’m glad your happy then bud but not everyone is and it’s a results driven business 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Well my friend he had Brody Paterson on trial for 3 weeks after having him last season at airdrie and what I was told was paterson wanted to sign but never got offered a contract so signed for Hartlepool so 

A) why have him on trial so long when he obviously knows what he can do...

Maybe Brody Paterson had a say in the decision and was deciding on his options...

2 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

A) why have him on trial so long when he obviously knows what he can do

B) why then sign another untried left back when we have 2 on the books and need other positions desperately .

murray needs to prove himself to us, he is in a new job same as we would have to do if we started a new job and so far what he is doing is baffling to say the least. We may come good and I hope he has a master plan but from a fans perspective it’s very strange 

A) Why not, keeps him fit while he evaluates the new players he has. Had he seen something worth doing, I imagine he would have. Patterson has moved up a level anyway in the English leagues.

B) who's to say we wouldn't have offered Patterson a deal had he still been available now. Personally, we need to keep Dick away from the LB slot, he's just a liability there. Is he better in the middle? Unsure, but he's got a lot more of the traits needed as a centre half than he does a fullback. Watching him with the ball at his feet give me the fear.

We all know, Murray included, that we're short on centre halves, more so this week than last, but I genuinely cannot think of a single one who is available in Scotland that i'd like to see here. I don't think its for the lack of trying, but we're not at the sign anyone and hope it works phase. I don't know whether the new lad is signed as a left back or whether the intention is to play him centrally, but we'll find out soon enough. From his photo on the club site, he's not taller than the dugout which would worry me against some of the tall carthorse strikers in this league

15 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He wanted to sign

End of thevday Hartlepool will have offered more money, and potentially a better progression route. 

Maybe Murray could have moved sooner but not sure we'd have been in with much of a shout once Hartlepool got into it

Just now, renton said:

End of thevday Hartlepool will have offered more money, and potentially a better progression route. 

Maybe Murray could have moved sooner but not sure we'd have been in with much of a shout once Hartlepool got into it

Who knows but by being slow he let one get away, sick of his recruiting style already

28 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Well I’m glad your happy then bud but not everyone is and it’s a results driven business 👍🏻

We haven't played a single league game yet.  

If we go the first three games of the season without picking up a single point and Murray is still struggling to bring players in then I could understand being upset.  But people seem to be getting really angry and upset because of what might happen.

Would I have preferred us to have our squad set by now, obviously.  But I'm going to wait to see how the first few games of the league go before I get overly concerned about it.