The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Did you really expect any signing news. We are getting fed pish and have been now for about 3 weeks. No doubt if IM does a pre match interview we will get the same crap, expect news, I'm offered players daily, I need better than what I have, does he not realise we have NO CENTRE BACKS.

I'm pretty sure he does. It's his job.

Have you got any clean knickers left?

14 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Maybe we are doing a fly on the wall  documentary like Sunderland till I die 😂

Apparently there was meant to be one for the Anelka season with Sky Sports, but someone at the club realised that it might make us look bad so they cancelled it

30 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Apparently there was meant to be one for the Anelka season with Sky Sports, but someone at the club realised that it might make us look bad so they cancelled it

Aye that's the part that would have made us look bad 🤣

2 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

The story of it happening should be enough, but I'm certain Anelka did it again to a club in the states

Aye, I seem to remember him starting a game over there with 10 guys in his first game cause his star player had forgotten some registration or some shit and had to go home and get it....

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, I seem to remember him starting a game over there with 10 guys in his first game cause his star player had forgotten some registration or some shit and had to go home and get it....

See guys it’s not all bad this season 😂😂🤦‍♂️

Signings to be choreographed with FFP being released on line tomorrow ?

Reading the Cove Ticket news item, loved this:

“Matchday Security

The security company used by Cove will deploy a pat-down of supporters on entry on Saturday.”

So, does that mean neutrals don’t get patted down?

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

See guys it’s not all bad this season 😂😂🤦‍♂️

Signings to be choreographed with FFP being released on line tomorrow ?

Once was the time when this would likely have been the case but these days instant media combined with the fact that the paper has become such a complete nonentity make it just one of the reasons it’s unlikely.

6 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

I fucking detest players being played out of position, I really hope this isn't a long term feature of Murray's plans. 

We had an attacking midfielder shoehorned in at LB last season. And Rhys McCabe, our best CDM played CB for the majority. Even when our supposed 1st choice CB came back from injury. 

We also had a striker playing RW for loads of games. 

Murrayball. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

We had an attacking midfielder shoehorned in at LB last season. And Rhys McCabe, our best CDM played CB for the majority. Even when our supposed 1st choice CB came back from injury. 

Murrayball. 

Thanks I hate it. 

46 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Murrayball. 

There is merit in playing a defensive midfielder in defence if you want someone who is comfortable on the ball to bring it out from the back. Didn't see a lot of Airdrie to know if that's what the plan was but I'd assume so.