The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's going to be Dick and this boy from Hibs as our centre back pairing until Lang is fit, isn't it?

Apparently there’s a CH that’s left Bradford coming in that’s what I’ve seen and heard anyway and plus a few danish players doing the rounds 

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Apparently there’s a CH that’s left Bradford coming in that’s what I’ve seen and heard anyway and plus a few danish players doing the rounds 

Just checked the released list on the Bradford website and not one of them is a defender. Coupla strikers though? 😂

9 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Dan Cleary has just left St Johnstone, only joined them in January,  he is an irish lad and is a defender  so maybe signing for a club back home  or you never know might rock up at the San Starko 

The statement says he's away back to Ireland for family reasons. 

38 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I fucking detest players being played out of position, I really hope this isn't a long term feature of Murray's plans. 

Not to be cynical, but if we play 3 back, would you consider Mullin or Dick/Young out of position on the right or left of the three? It still leaves a fullback at centerhalf (yes, likely Dick at the one true CH position….gives me the shivers thinking about it) but allows Brown to play a DM/Advanced Sweeper role he’s more suited to.

If we are really bringing in the Aberdeen kid at LB, Dick is our CH through December, unless we sign a real surprise.

We need centre half's for the positional sense if nothing else. Midfielders and full backs are okay as cover but they will get caught out time and again. Just look at Scott McTominey for Scotland ams the Ukraine game in particular. 

Liam dick is not the answer and pairing him with a young boy on loan is asking for trouble.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not to be cynical, but if we play 3 back, would you consider Mullin or Dick/Young out of position on the right or left of the three? It still leaves a fullback at centerhalf (yes, likely Dick at the one true CH position….gives me the shivers thinking about it) but allows Brown to play a DM/Advanced Sweeper role he’s more suited to.

If we are really bringing in the Aberdeen kid at LB, Dick is our CH through December, unless we sign a real surprise.

I think you could just about get away with Liam Dick on the left hand side of a three, but only with two other dedicated central defenders. You can't play a back three with two full backs in it, it's a recipe for an absolute massacre. 

I don't know anything about this laddie from Aberdeen, but assuming he's more forward thinking than Dick, you could drop him in at left wingback and put Dick on the lefthand side of the three. But Millen would have to go to right wingback, which means you'd still be looking for two centre halfs before the game kicks off. 

Based on all the available information, right now I think we're looking at a back four of Ngwenya, Dick, Brown and Millen for Saturday. Which is... far from ideal. 

44 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Just checked the released list on the Bradford website and not one of them is a defender. Coupla strikers though? 😂

He might be a Bradford Park Avenue player 🙄

For clarity (or pedanticism, whetever) Bradford IS Bradford PA. Bradford City are not locally called Bradford, only erroneously by the media. I have relatives there, so I know.

Edited by Raith_Raver

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You are many things Tx but cynical ain’t one of them, I really hope dick isn’t our cb till December 

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Liam dick is not the answer and pairing him with a young boy on loan is asking for trouble.

In that context, "Liam dick" sounds like some sort of criminal offence...

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Is that officially our 72 hours up?

It is, yeah, but to be slightly more forgiving, he did say 72 hours for "some progress", and even if a deal has been agreed today it's probably tomorrow at the earliest before they're getting down to the ground to get some photos done for the announcement. 

1 minute ago, renton said:

Is that officially our 72 hours up?

Did you really expect any signing news. We are getting fed pish and have been now for about 3 weeks. No doubt if IM does a pre match interview we will get the same crap, expect news, I'm offered players daily, I need better than what I have, does he not realise we have NO CENTRE BACKS.

Just now, raith1974 said:

Did you really expect any signing news. We are getting fed pish and have been now for about 3 weeks. No doubt if IM does a pre match interview we will get the same crap, expect news, I'm offered players daily, I need better than what I have, does he not realise we have NO CENTRE BACKS.

You do realise that the one person who has the most to gain by bringing in new players is Ian Murray, right?