The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Serious questions need to be asked rather than what's happening with transfers this week. 

Ian, how long does it take for the sun's light to reach Earth?

Ian, what name is given for the number of protons found in the nucleus of an atom?

Ian, what is the hardest natural substance on Earth?

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

Oh yeah, now you tell us. :lol:

Did alright for Airdrie though....

He did indeed. To an extent. Ultimately he failed to get us promoted even with the best squad of players we have had in many years. 

Sadly the issues described on this thread seem very familiar. 

His post match interviews are exactly the same stuff he spouted when we lost or had a shabby draw. 

Just don't expect miracles. He is very much unproven at any level above L1 and his failure in the playoffs last season when he shat the bed big time tactically will be his legacy with us. 

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

He did indeed. To an extent. Ultimately he failed to get us promoted even with the best squad of players we have had in many years. 

Sadly the issues described on this thread seem very familiar. 

His post match interviews are exactly the same stuff he spouted when we lost or had a shabby draw. 

Just don't expect miracles. He is very much unproven at any level above L1 and his failure in the playoffs last season when he shat the bed big time tactically will be his legacy with us. 

I agree to an extent but to be fair he did an excellent job at Dumbarton at this level. It’s perhaps a different challenge but he almost took them to the promotion play-offs.

I don’t think he had many falling outs at Airdrie last season, admittedly with a squad that was fully his for the first time. The squad seemed incredibly close and that was probably a big factor in us scoring so many late goals. He did seem to have his issues with some players when he first came in but given they were a bunch of plodding, overpaid jobbers I can’t blame him.

We are clearly not just a team but a club in transition just now , think we will just tread water this season and next year have a decent go at the playoffs/promotion. We are used to things done Mcglynn’s way and it’s been an adjustment getting used to Murray to say the least , hopefully the bodies are signed but just not announced and Wednesday is players/managers day off so maybe tomorrow 🤞🏻

Season tickets sales up from the same point last season , Home top selling out rapid , Fantastic turnout for the open day New manager with new ideas but after the latest announcement regarding Berra leaving I feel we are back to square one , Come on the Rovers board support the new manager or if it’s a lack of resources be honest and upfront , I appreciate recruitment is difficult but Partick have not struggled along with Caley 

7 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I agree to an extent but to be fair he did an excellent job at Dumbarton at this level. It’s perhaps a different challenge but he almost took them to the promotion play-offs.

I don’t think he had many falling outs at Airdrie last season, admittedly with a squad that was fully his for the first time. The squad seemed incredibly close and that was probably a big factor in us scoring so many late goals. He did seem to have his issues with some players when he first came in but given they were a bunch of plodding, overpaid jobbers I can’t blame him.

There probably is a few parallels happening here. Especially after McGlynn's tenure (who was VERY well backed financially, the most I can remember in my time following Raith), there was definitely a couple of inflated wages we needed to shift. I've absolutely no issue with Murray putting his stamp on the team and booting out the dead wood (sorry Bene) left over, and creating a squad that's in line with his philosophies. I did suspect that this season was maybe a step too far for Berra - when he put in the challenge at the end of the Aberdeen game he had a look on his face that said "urgh, f**k this". Despite the awful timing, I suspect the parting is amicable and Christophe has a gig lined up elsewhere, as well as Murray having plans of what to do with his wages.

It just better happen quickly or my happy clapper exterior is gonna give way to the existential dread that I'm feeling within 

16 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Season tickets sales up from the same point last season , Home top selling out rapid , Fantastic turnout for the open day New manager with new ideas but after the latest announcement regarding Berra leaving I feel we are back to square one , Come on the Rovers board support the new manager or if it’s a lack of resources be honest and upfront , I appreciate recruitment is difficult but Partick have not struggled along with Caley 

With the best will in the world, we’ll have more money than you do, even without the Goodwillie shaped millstone around your neck. If we were both in for someone, say Danny Mullen, then I’d expect we can offer them a higher wage than you can - that’s obviously not the only factor in a players decision, but it helps. 

27 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

With the best will in the world, we’ll have more money than you do, even without the Goodwillie shaped millstone around your neck. If we were both in for someone, say Danny Mullen, then I’d expect we can offer them a higher wage than you can - that’s obviously not the only factor in a players decision, but it helps. 

I think this is true, didn't stop McCall complaining about trying to compete with our spending last Summer, mind.

5 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

David Bates is apparently signing for Legia Warsaw for £500,000, so we can probably put that daft rumour to bed. 

Fair fucks to him, it's good that he isn't limiting himself to the Scotland only merry go round.

8 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

David Bates is apparently signing for Legia Warsaw for £500,000, so we can probably put that daft rumour to bed. 

He must have a brilliant agent.